• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power 5’s 10 toughest stadiums to play in for 2019

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power 5's 10 toughest stadiums to play in for 2019 | Stay Alive in Power 5

1. Alabama, Bryant-Denny Stadium
2. Clemson, Clemson Memorial Stadium
3. Ohio State, Ohio Stadium
4. Oklahoma, Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
5. Penn State, Beaver Stadium
6. LSU: Tiger Stadium
7. Michigan: Michigan Stadium
8. Washington: Husky Stadium
9. Georgia, Sanford Stadium
10. Wisconsin, Camp Randall Stadium

Honorable Mention
Auburn, Jordan Hare Stadium
Nebraska, Memorial Stadium
Florida, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Notre Dame, Notre Dame Stadium
Oregon, Autzen Stadium
Texas A&M, Kyle Field

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Washington: Husky Stadium: Besides the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl, Husky Stadium is the largest College Football venue on the west coast. Fans can bring food into the stadium and certain individuals can even purchase beer and wine. There used to be a track around the field, but renovations had it removed and moved the seats closer to the field. Although Husky Stadium seats only 70,000, the noise level gets pretty loud. The student section is located in the endzone and they all make life hard for opposing quarterbacks in goal-line situations. Chris Petersen’s Huskies are very tough to beat at home, going undefeated the past two seasons and riding a 14-game win streak. It rains a lot in Seattle and instead of the weather effecting the Washington players, they use mother nature to their advantage. The Huskies play the best defense in the Pac-12, especially at home. The last time Washington lost to a Pac-12 North Division foe at home was to Oregon in October of 2015. On third downs the Go Huskies Chant can be heard throughout the stadium and the Air Raid Siren is music to the fans ears every time the Huskies score. Washington has some big Pac-12 games at home this fall and hosts California, USC, Oregon, Washington State and Utah.

huskystadium12.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin made that list with Nebraska being an honorable mention.... but.... throughout the years I've heard many B1G players state during interviews that Iowa's Kinnick Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the B1G.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wrote this article is a dumbass.
Agreed. I wouldn't even rank Michigan top 7, and I've never watched a football game anywhere else. But I can tell just from watching games on TV that many places get louder. Maybe they're doing something dumb like weighting home win percentage in the last few years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin made that list with Nebraska being an honorable mention.... but.... throughout the years I've heard many B1G players state during interviews that Iowa's Kinnick Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the B1G.
When Iowa is good, those night games at Kinnick can be daunting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I wouldn't even rank Michigan top 7, and I've never watched a football game anywhere else. But I can tell just from watching games on TV that many places get louder. Maybe they're doing something dumb like weighting home win percentage in the last few years.

That’s exactly what they’re doing.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was basically like "hey who has good teams? Their stadium must be tough"

That’s exactly what they’re doing.

Yep. I don't know if there is a great way to feeling "home field advantage" in CFB, but I'd rather see something like taking the difference of home winning percentage to road.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have ever thought that it was difficult to win at the stadiums of the best teams in the nation.

I wish somebody had thought this up before now.
Hey, and OU is 3-0 against the Top 10 in their stadiums in the past 20+ years if I’m remembering correctly. :cool2:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a night game at LSU is the toughest venue I've ever been to.

Bryant Denny isn't even in the top 5 of the SEC as toughest places to play:

1. LSU
2. Florida
3. Tennessee (although it has gotten a lot easier)
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Alabama

Note: I haven't been to aTm, Mizzou, KY or Arkansas

In the ACC I would say FSU and Clemson are pretty close but I haven't been to a FSU game in Tallahassee in 20 years.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Washington: Husky Stadium: Besides the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl, Husky Stadium is the largest College Football venue on the west coast. Fans can bring food into the stadium and certain individuals can even purchase beer and wine. There used to be a track around the field, but renovations had it removed and moved the seats closer to the field. Although Husky Stadium seats only 70,000, the noise level gets pretty loud. The student section is located in the endzone and they all make life hard for opposing quarterbacks in goal-line situations. Chris Petersen’s Huskies are very tough to beat at home, going undefeated the past two seasons and riding a 14-game win streak. It rains a lot in Seattle and instead of the weather effecting the Washington players, they use mother nature to their advantage. The Huskies play the best defense in the Pac-12, especially at home. The last time Washington lost to a Pac-12 North Division foe at home was to Oregon in October of 2015. On third downs the Go Huskies Chant can be heard throughout the stadium and the Air Raid Siren is music to the fans ears every time the Huskies score. Washington has some big Pac-12 games at home this fall and hosts California, USC, Oregon, Washington State and Utah.

huskystadium12.jpg

Wow! There are only 2 stadiums on the West Coast larger than Washington's! Hell, there are 5 in Florida larger than
that place.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! There are only 2 stadiums on the West Coast larger than Washington's! Hell, there are 5 in Florida larger than
that place.
For some strange reason southern teams prefer to play at NFL stadiums and NASCAR tracks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's dumb because bigger program teams play mostly easier games at home. You don't travel to play Kent St, they come to your place. So teams always have an inflated home record anyway.

Alabama mostly plays neutral site games lately, so harder games aren't being played there as frequently(not that it would matter since the last time Alabama lost one was like 2007). But those kinds of things contribute.

The truth is Bryant Denny has seating that is at a pretty low angle compared to most places in the lower bowl, and they are also much further away from the field. Auburn student section is crazy loud and Tennessee has a potential to be at times because they are closer to the field and the angle is a little steeper.

You can visually see the differences. I really can't think of a time when the crowd made a difference.

Alabama:

Bryant-Denny-Stadium-Section-SS6-Row-10-on-9-10-2016_FL.jpg

vs Tennessee:

5a0a6c02d15a4.image.jpg

vs Auburn

s-l1600.jpg

And LSU even though it personally seems over-rated to me in terms of loudness, but I could see where they could be the most obnoxious/hostile.

LSU_football_game.jpg