• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power 5’s 10 toughest stadiums to play in for 2019

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh…we scored 31 on that weak ass D in their hellhole of a stadium last year.

and gave up 77 in a beatdown of a loss. hellhole of a stadium? yeah, coming from a guy who roots for a team that plays in this piss pot of a stadium:

oregon-state-beavers.jpg

oh, and that might just have been the worst defense fielded by the Buckeyes in the last 15 seasons. So..congrats?

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no use for texas a&m, in any regard, but Kyle field is hell to play a night game at.

The OU-TX game being played at the cotton bowl really skews the home stats for OU. The only time i remember Norman being an intimidating venue was the Texas Tech game in 08. Bob Stoops went as far as to tell the blue hair crowd to give the their tickets to the grandkids so we could get noise.

Now texas gets their ass kicked in Austin all the time so that is a nonstarter.
That 'jump around' game is basically one of the only times I thought a Norman crowd factored in the outcome. It was incredibly loud, and TTU didn't want to be there.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a night game at LSU is the toughest venue I've ever been to.

Bryant Denny isn't even in the top 5 of the SEC as toughest places to play:

1. LSU
2. Florida
3. Tennessee (although it has gotten a lot easier)
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Alabama

Note: I haven't been to aTm, Mizzou, KY or Arkansas

In the ACC I would say FSU and Clemson are pretty close but I haven't been to a FSU game in Tallahassee in 20 years.
I think Auburn is the worst. Those damn tractors take up a lot of parking and even worse is trying to avoid all the big piles of cow shit.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Auburn is the worst. Those damn tractors take up a lot of parking and even worse is trying to avoid all the big piles of cow shit.
Excellent analysis, now get back to your finger painting or no snack time for you.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent analysis, now get back to your finger painting or no snack time for you.
Loved my trip to Auburn. It was a student trip so it was purely get off the bus, go to the game, get back on the bus. Thought the campus was beautiful, atmosphere was electric, and the team sucked that year too so they had every reason to not show up or leave.

Would love to take a trip back one day down the line.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power 5's 10 toughest stadiums to play in for 2019 | Stay Alive in Power 5

1. Alabama, Bryant-Denny Stadium
2. Clemson, Clemson Memorial Stadium
3. Ohio State, Ohio Stadium
4. Oklahoma, Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
5. Penn State, Beaver Stadium
6. LSU: Tiger Stadium
7. Michigan: Michigan Stadium
8. Washington: Husky Stadium
9. Georgia, Sanford Stadium
10. Wisconsin, Camp Randall Stadium

Honorable Mention
Auburn, Jordan Hare Stadium
Nebraska, Memorial Stadium
Florida, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Notre Dame, Notre Dame Stadium
Oregon, Autzen Stadium
Texas A&M, Kyle Field

Oregon deserves to be in the top 10 IMO. My only experience was when they've played against the Huskies, but I have to give them credit with how loud it is and how the entire stadium is 100% into the game the entire time.

It pains me to say it and I hate the Ducks, but that place gets very loud for a stadium that only seats like 50,000.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factors in who you are playing as well(I assume). If the team you are playing on the field is a powder puff on the field, no matter how great the environment is at the beginning of the game it won’t be at the end.

Couldn't agree more.

I've gone to almost every Husky game the past 5 or 6 years and in big games, the stadium is full from beginning to end. Against even middling PAC-12 teams, the stadium doesn't really fill up until the end of the first quarter and starts filtering out in the 3rd.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 'jump around' game is basically one of the only times I thought a Norman crowd factored in the outcome. It was incredibly loud, and TTU didn't want to be there.

Cant believe I didn't get any action on the texsa comment. Guess they agree....

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now don't be jelly in a couple of years you will be here. It won't be long before you get your big boy pull ups and before you realize it your fingers will be red.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more.

I've gone to almost every Husky game the past 5 or 6 years and in big games, the stadium is full from beginning to end. Against even middling PAC-12 teams, the stadium doesn't really fill up until the end of the first quarter and starts filtering out in the 3rd.
In this day, stadium expansions are massive wastes of cash. The most intelligent thing to do is make the game day experience at the game more exclusive and special. A prime example is Alabama is doing a renovation and taking seats out. Why? To make bigger video screens and finding a way to make people want to be there even for the garbage games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this day, stadium expansions are massive wastes of cash. The most intelligent thing to do is make the game day experience at the game more exclusive and special. A prime example is Alabama is doing a renovation and taking seats out. Why? To make bigger video screens and finding a way to make people want to be there even for the garbage games.

Part of the issue at Husky Stadium is that they only serve alcohol in designated areas that you cannot bring to your seat.

The result of that is that 1. Fans spend more time in those locations. 2. They also spend more time tailgating, which results in entering the stadium later. 3. People go to those designated areas that serve alcohol during halftime and don't get back to their seats until the quarter has already started.

Although this is all mostly pertains to me. I don't know why this is the policy, I've gone to other games where it isn't like that.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the issue at Husky Stadium is that they only serve alcohol in designated areas that you cannot bring to your seat.

The result of that is that 1. Fans spend more time in those locations. 2. They also spend more time tailgating, which results in entering the stadium later. 3. People go to those designated areas that serve alcohol during halftime and don't get back to their seats until the quarter has already started.

Although this is all mostly pertains to me. I don't know why this is the policy, I've gone to other games where it isn't like that.
Same rules apply at LSU at baseball and football games. Think it’s a waste of money to pay 20 bucks for 2 beers and have to watch the game on a tv instead of seeing it live, but that’s just me.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now don't be jelly in a couple of years you will be here. It won't be long before you get your big boy pull ups and before you realize it your fingers will be red.
Typical Bammer doesn't even understand the topic and just trying to start shit because you don't know any better. Same old same old with 85% of you retards.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved my trip to Auburn. It was a student trip so it was purely get off the bus, go to the game, get back on the bus. Thought the campus was beautiful, atmosphere was electric, and the team sucked that year too so they had every reason to not show up or leave.

Would love to take a trip back one day down the line.
Loved my trip to LSU as well. Loudest crowd I've heard by far.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Bammer doesn't even understand the topic and just trying to start shit because you don't know any better. Same old same old with 85% of you retards.
LOL retard? As usual nothing to add except insults. Go Cavilers.