• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential playoff you'd least like to see

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary, I am not saying there is any real problem. My hopes for an expansion stem purely from a fan perspective. I like football and cinderella stories... thus I want more games and games that matter that include qualified candidates.

Your statement that having 4 is basically dumb, because there have never been more than 3 teams necessary has already been debunked by rmilia1. The point of the playoff system, and every expert and analyst would say the same is..... to find the best team in the country. In the VERY FIRST playoff the FBS had... the #4 team won the whole thing. So basic facts refute your own argument. Who knows what would have happened had there been 4 more teams.

Just because the #4 team wins doesn't mean they deserved to be there. Ohio St did not deserve to be there because they did not have a legitimate claim on the title due to their season. However, there have been times when 3 teams deserved it, so you need a 4th team to fill out the playoffs. Ohio St took that opportunity, made the best of it and won the National Championship.

Same thing with Alabama last year. Did not deserve to be there because they didn't have a legitimate claim etc. And same damn thing, took the opportunity and made the best of it.

And all you want to do is add in more teams that don't deserve it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It generally happens because your first sentence is ignorant and the entire reason I post on forums is so that I can skip over and choose who/what I read.

For example, I just did it again because your first 2 sentences just showed you didn't understand a damn thing I said, so why the fuck should I spend any time reading further?

When I brought up 2010 Alabama - it's because you would have put them in the playoffs, and they didn't really deserve it. And they would have been your "Cinderella" story, 3 loss team, but they aren't really Cinderella. Yet for some reason your response is some shit about comparing them to Alabama, which I have no fucking idea how you get there.

So yeah, TL;DR. If you want to say stupid shit, better shorten it up.

Ok, it is settled. You sir are dumb and cannot comprehend a basic argument.

1. No, I wouldn't have put Bama in the playoffs in 2010. Bama finished as #10. So your post is dumb and point is invalid.
2. You need to go back to high school and learn how to form a coherent paragraph. How/When/ or Why would I compare Bama to Bama in 2010. Oh, I didn't and wouldn't because it would be stupid.

3. My initial point with bringing Bama up, was in saying that UCF beat a team that beat the national champion. That does not mean that they would beat Bama but it CERTAINLY doesn't mean that Bama would beat them. I think this is what you are missing because your whole statement and I mean every statement you have made since you started posting in this thread has been simply stupid, flawed logic, and completely irrelevant.

But you do you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it is settled. You sir are dumb and cannot comprehend a basic argument.

1. No, I wouldn't have put Bama in the playoffs in 2010. Bama finished as #10. So your post is dumb and point is invalid.
2. You need to go back to high school and learn how to form a coherent paragraph. How/When/ or Why would I compare Bama to Bama in 2010. Oh, I didn't and wouldn't because it would be stupid.

3. My initial point with bringing Bama up, was in saying that UCF beat a team that beat the national champion. That does not mean that they would beat Bama but it CERTAINLY doesn't mean that Bama would beat them. I think this is what you are missing because your whole statement and I mean every statement you have made since you started posting in this thread has been simply stupid, flawed logic, and completely irrelevant.

But you do you.

1. Well they've been arguing for more than 8, but whatever.
2. And again this is where I stop reading.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the #4 team wins doesn't mean they deserved to be there. Ohio St did not deserve to be there because they did not have a legitimate claim on the title due to their season. However, there have been times when 3 teams deserved it, so you need a 4th team to fill out the playoffs. Ohio St took that opportunity, made the best of it and won the National Championship.

Same thing with Alabama last year. Did not deserve to be there because they didn't have a legitimate claim etc. And same damn thing, took the opportunity and made the best of it.

And all you want to do is add in more teams that don't deserve it.

If this is truly how you feel, why do you advocate for a playoff and not just go back to the BCS days? At least then you have 2 'deserving' teams and not a chance for an 'undeserving' team taking the championship and spotlight away from those that do.

Let's start simple. Because all that it seems that you are saying is that you don't agree with the way the playoff system works, but its ok. So let me just ask... how do YOU define "deserving"?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Well they've been arguing for more than 8, but whatever.
2. And again this is where I stop reading.

1. 8 is a solid number in my opinion.
2. You need to work on your attention span then. Personal problem. Suck it up and read, why are you so lazy? Fact is you can't refute anything I have been saying. End.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is truly how you feel, why do you advocate for a playoff and not just go back to the BCS days? At least then you have 2 'deserving' teams and not a chance for an 'undeserving' team taking the championship and spotlight away from those that do.

Let's start simple. Because all that it seems that you are saying is that you don't agree with the way the playoff system works, but its ok. So let me just ask... how do YOU define "deserving"?

Because there have been multiple years where 3 teams had a legitimate claim on the title game. Auburn, Oklahoma St, etc.

It's a necessary evil that sometimes teams that wouldn't traditionally have a claim at the title game sometimes win(50% of the time so far). If you want to extend and make that evil bigger, then you better have a damn good reason for it.

And nobody does because in history there haven't been 4 real claims much less 5, 6 or 8.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 8 is a solid number in my opinion.
2. You need to work on your attention span then. Personal problem. Suck it up and read, why are you so lazy? Fact is you can't refute anything I have been saying. End.

Go ahead, make it 8. Alabama will just win even more national championships. I don't know why the fuck you think it's gonna be teams like UCF that win national championships from deep down, it's gonna be the blue bloods who dropped a game or 2 and ended up just out while having good teams/injuries and they get the players back in time for the playoffs.

Well most blue bloods, Nebraska still gets the label, but they don't really deserve it anymore. More like old dried up blood.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there have been multiple years where 3 teams had a legitimate claim on the title game. Auburn, Oklahoma St, etc.

It's a necessary evil that sometimes teams that wouldn't traditionally have a claim at the title game sometimes win(50% of the time so far). If you want to extend and make that evil bigger, then you better have a damn good reason for it.

And nobody does because in history there haven't been 4 real claims much less 5, 6 or 8.

No one has a 'claim' to a national title at least not since the BCS era. You are either in the top 2 or not. Now in the playoff years, you are in the top 4 or you aren't. No two ways about it. I don't understand why you think you are the arbiter of who is deserving or not.

Answer me this... how is Ohio St sitting at #4 in 2014 their 1 loss coming to VaTech in week 2 less deserving than Oklahoma St in 2011 whose 1 loss was to Iowa St in week 11?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead, make it 8. Alabama will just win even more national championships. I don't know why the fuck you think it's gonna be teams like UCF that win national championships from deep down, it's gonna be the blue bloods who dropped a game or 2 and ended up just out while having good teams/injuries and they get the players back in time for the playoffs.

Well most blue bloods, Nebraska still gets the label, but they don't really deserve it anymore. More like old dried up blood.

I don't care that Bama wins titles. Bama is a great team right now. I never said that I thought it was going to be UCF. I was making two SEPARATE points. One was about the playoff, the other about UCF/G5 teams. This is where that comprehension would help you.

Yeah yeah, you can't refute anything so you attack my team. Tough guy, I get it. Nebraska has been bad for nearly 2 decades and yet is STILL in the top ten in most statistical categories like all time record, bowl games, wins, consensus all americans, heismans, weeks ranked, and at #1, draft picks, etc... nevermind the sell out streak all that and we have had the worst two decades since practically the 1940's. Unlikely you, I won't be childish about it. Bama is good and respectable. I never understood why people talked shit on Bama. Be better and beat em or hush up. Like I said about last year, Bama was probably the best overall team, albeit I don't believe they deserved to be there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has a 'claim' to a national title at least not since the BCS era. You are either in the top 2 or not. Now in the playoff years, you are in the top 4 or you aren't. No two ways about it. I don't understand why you think you are the arbiter of who is deserving or not.

Answer me this... how is Ohio St sitting at #4 in 2014 their 1 loss coming to VaTech in week 2 less deserving than Oklahoma St in 2011 whose 1 loss was to Iowa St in week 11?

Because it's relative to the other teams that year. The Big10 has improved greatly since then.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's relative to the other teams that year. The Big10 has improved greatly since then.

The Big 12 may have had 4 ranked teams. The Big 10 had 3 AND a championship game. Okie St didn't have a championship game to play. So Ohio State had to play another game in which they had to risk it all and play an additional game with their 3rd string QB and all Oklahoma State had to do is beat a Paul Rhoads coached Iowa State team.

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but I think Ohio States road was more difficult and their loss was better in my opinion.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 may have had 4 ranked teams. The Big 10 had 3 AND a championship game. Okie St didn't have a championship game to play. So Ohio State had to play another game in which they had to risk it all and play an additional game with their 3rd string QB and all Oklahoma State had to do is beat a Paul Rhoads coached Iowa State team.

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but I think Ohio States road was more difficult and their loss was better in my opinion.

What part of it's relative to the other teams that year don't you understand?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of it's relative to the other teams that year don't you understand?

The whole thing as it serves as a cop out. You explained nothing, not even to how "relative" you thought it was. So nothing but a BS cop out until otherwise.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unlike some of you, i think these fake no explosive material found bombs have a better shot at exploding than ucf does at getting in the cfp's. so forget them.

man i love college football. so i'd watch regardless. my least liked scenario?

tosu/michigan
n dame
oklahoma
washington