• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential playoff you'd least like to see

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hear em. Which legit playoff contenders would you least like to see in the playoff ?

For me it's
Bama
Clemson
OSU
Oklahoma

I don't care if a few of them make it but don't want to see all 4. Need some new blood

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hear em. Which legit playoff contenders would you least like to see in the playoff ?

For me it's
Bama
Clemson
OU
Oklahoma

I don't care if a few of them make it but don't want to see all 4. Need some new blood
OU and Oklahoma? That’s pretty bold.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that...I'd quit watching.

Kinda' like Pick'Ems if Oscar wins....I'm out MFers.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa
Texas
Kentucky
Washington State

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this pt I am not sure there is a #2, let alone a #4. I am for adding UCF if they are undefeated

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 participants from ANY conference. Losing your division or losing your conference... and making the playoff is a travesty. No offense to bama fans, not that Bama isn't good enough or was not the champ, they most certainly were/are. But deserving is a whole different conversation.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the big deal with UCF making the playoff. In 2010, TCU finished ranked #2 and were in the top 4 from like week 8 on. Their nonconference?

#24 (at the time) Oregon St
Tennessee Tech
SMU
Baylor (unranked)

They played 2 ranked teams all season long prior to the BCS bowls. Oregon St and Utah (who was in the same Mountain West conference).

These rankings were made via the BCS computer system which took numerous factors into account and after watching TCU beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, no one complained that they were ranked in the top 5 (that I remember). Personally, I would rather have the BCS ranking system, taking the human element out of it was better in my opinion. It allowed for a breakdown of objective metrics and not subjective "experts" beliefs/opinions on how they THINK a potential match up MAY shake out. Doing things that way eliminates or drastically reduces the possibility of an OU/Boise St 07 style match up, which (no offense to OU fans) I loved seeing. Not that the experts are not qualified or even correct in a lot of ways, but I just personally believe that objectivity is more important.

Also that we need an 8 team playoff. But that is me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the big deal with UCF making the playoff. In 2010, TCU finished ranked #2 and were in the top 4 from like week 8 on. Their nonconference?

#24 (at the time) Oregon St
Tennessee Tech
SMU
Baylor (unranked)

They played 2 ranked teams all season long prior to the BCS bowls. Oregon St and Utah (who was in the same Mountain West conference).

These rankings were made via the BCS computer system which took numerous factors into account and after watching TCU beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, no one complained that they were ranked in the top 5 (that I remember). Personally, I would rather have the BCS ranking system, taking the human element out of it was better in my opinion. It allowed for a breakdown of objective metrics and not subjective "experts" beliefs/opinions on how they THINK a potential match up MAY shake out. Doing things that way eliminates or drastically reduces the possibility of an OU/Boise St 07 style match up, which (no offense to OU fans) I loved seeing. Not that the experts are not qualified or even correct in a lot of ways, but I just personally believe that objectivity is more important.

Also that we need an 8 team playoff. But that is me.
it they go 8, it will just turn to we need 10 or 12 or 25

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEECHIGAN

giphy.gif

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want any conference to get two teams

Preferably would like to see all conference champs, only team that's not a conference champ that's acceptable is Notre Dame....seeing that it would be difficult for them to win a conference

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I understand that they are not going through the week in and week out gaunlets that the power 5 schools go through, but I think that is a bogus argument myself.

The ONLY semi-legitimate claim to be had out of that is the potential to injury. I say semi-legitimate because there is no guarantee to any player becoming injured or not throughout the season.

Besides that, these are G5 level of talented players (mostly) that play other G5 level talented players and dominate so strongly that I think they deserve an at large bid to play for something that matters.

I just find it weird that the AP believes TCU was a top 4 school for most of the season in 2010, but now UCF even being a top 5 school during a playoff era is insane. I think that logic is flawed.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want any conference to get two teams

Preferably would like to see all conference champs, only team that's not a conference champ that's acceptable is Notre Dame....seeing that it would be difficult for them to win a conference

Personal choice.

The way it is shaking down this year, I think ND has a solid shot at making the playoff. But no way this is a consistent thing, or even should be since other teams have that 13 data point.... a.k.a. potential playoff knock out game to put on the line.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So. I don't think it would, but so what if it did.

8 teams encompasses nearly all of the top 10 teams. This leaves room for underdogs and such. How many fans really believe that teams outside the top ten AT THE END OF THE SEASON have a strong shot at beating the #1 team? I doubt many believe that. Sure there is an outside chance, but I honestly believe that most fans would be content with the majority of the top 10 being included in this playoff and not complain nearly as much. It leaves room for teams like Bama to lose the last regular season game of the year, knocking them out of the CCG and still provides reason to include them in the playoff. Like I mentioned, I will be the first to say that Bama won the national title and likely was the best overall team, but not winning your division and thus obviously not winning your own conference, is in no way deserving of having a playoff birth of 4 teams. But that is my opinion.

I do think that 16 teams would be the most amount of fun for the fans, but I understand that it will cut into class time, etc... essentially saying that we don't want to add too many games to the schedule....

however, with that said, if we rolled back nonconference games from 4 or 3 to 1 or 2, then we could legitimately enlarge the playoff system to naturally include more teams and hold still with the number of games played a season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I don't think it would, but so what if it did.

8 teams encompasses nearly all of the top 10 teams. This leaves room for underdogs and such. How many fans really believe that teams outside the top ten AT THE END OF THE SEASON have a strong shot at beating the #1 team? I doubt many believe that. Sure there is an outside chance, but I honestly believe that most fans would be content with the majority of the top 10 being included in this playoff and not complain nearly as much. It leaves room for teams like Bama to lose the last regular season game of the year, knocking them out of the CCG and still provides reason to include them in the playoff. Like I mentioned, I will be the first to say that Bama won the national title and likely was the best overall team, but not winning your division and thus obviously not winning your own conference, is in no way deserving of having a playoff birth of 4 teams. But that is my opinion.

I do think that 16 teams would be the most amount of fun for the fans, but I understand that it will cut into class time, etc... essentially saying that we don't want to add too many games to the schedule....

however, with that said, if we rolled back nonconference games from 4 or 3 to 1 or 2, then we could legitimately enlarge the playoff system to naturally include more teams and hold still with the number of games played a season.
this isnt basketball........

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But as of right now you can make legitimate cases for number 5 or 6 or having every P5 represented. Anyone whining about being 9th and not in will have their tears fall on deaf ears.