• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as rooting for another team, that is difficult. But to wash your hands of a team isn’t as hard as you might think. lve done it before, growing up, I was a huge orioles fan. Then Angelos bought them and ruined a once proud franchise (sound familiar?). After about a decade or so, I couldn’t do it anymore. I had to walk from the game until the Nats showed back up.
Yeah, me too jy however, I stayed an O's fan and by golly, I'm glad I did because this turnaround that is about to happen will feel so much sweeter my friend.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that @Sportster 72. I make it a point to read yours as well. NYC is still dirty. Trash still piled up on the sidewalks, but the energy is contagious. You probably have a different perspective since you lived there.

Being in Houston where is 90 degrees year round save for a week or two in January, I miss the cold and the seasons.

The last full season I kept up with the O's was probably the year Brady Anderson got juiced out of his mind and was crushing HRs as a lead off man. That's kind of when baseball became a joke in general to me and I kinda tuned out.
It has been about 6 years since I was last in Manhattan. You are 100% correct about the energy. I have never been any place like it.

My Dad's youngest brother moved to Houston more than 50 years ago. I have never been there. I understand the heat and humidity.

As mentioned earlier I want to move to central Florida in a year or two. My Dad and I shared a love for bass fishing. He and my Mom retired there in the early 90s. He went there in part to fish and never did much of it. I want to go do what he wanted to do. Same as Houston, hot and humid in the summer. Dec., Jan, Feb are wonderful ... most of the time.

Funny story about being born in Philly and moving just outside DC. The first year Norm Snead was QB of the Redskins, they traded him to Philly following that year for Sonny. I thought he wanted to follow us. LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear my Commander gear and I don't give a shit what people think .. I got wax warmers hats shirts etc Go Manders !!!
Good for you , but I don’t and won’t and I don’t give a shit what people think

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been about 6 years since I was last in Manhattan. You are 100% correct about the energy. I have never been any place like it.

My Dad's youngest brother moved to Houston more than 50 years ago. I have never been there. I understand the heat and humidity.

As mentioned earlier I want to move to central Florida in a year or two. My Dad and I shared a love for bass fishing. He and my Mom retired there in the early 90s. He went there in part to fish and never did much of it. I want to go do what he wanted to do. Same as Houston, hot and humid in the summer. Dec., Jan, Feb are wonderful ... most of the time.

Funny story about being born in Philly and moving just outside DC. The first year Norm Snead was QB of the Redskins, they traded him to Philly following that year for Sonny. I thought he wanted to follow us. LOL
You and Shark in the same area, oh boy. Lol
Money goes a lot further down here, but that's about it. Going down there and doing what your dad ser out to do will certainly bring back some good memories. I understand. Probably why I'm still crazy about this bullshit team. That's what me ans my dad shared the most. Skins games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might not happen this year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230303-153048_Instagram.jpg

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bezos could be worse then danny
I get what you are saying, Bezo is an asshole and encourages a bad workplace. But literally nobody on Earth could be worse than Daniel Snyder. The recent rankings by the players for instance, that will not be the case if Bezos owns the team. He may be an asshole but so was JKC. But he's a winner and Snyder is a loser, I'll take my chances with one of the richest guy on Earth that has success in a number of ways.

Or it could be Harris and I'd be fine with that too.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as rooting for another team, that is difficult. But to wash your hands of a team isn’t as hard as you might think. lve done it before, growing up, I was a huge orioles fan. Then Angelos bought them and ruined a once proud franchise (sound familiar?). After about a decade or so, I couldn’t do it anymore. I had to walk from the game until the Nats showed back up.

Assuming you are a DC guy I can see jumping on the Nats. For me jumping on the Ravens was tough as I'm also a DC guy, I found I could not do it so I mostly watched Red Zone last season,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i
I get what you are saying, Bezo is an asshole and encourages a bad workplace. But literally nobody on Earth could be worse than Daniel Snyder. The recent rankings by the players for instance, that will not be the case if Bezos owns the team. He may be an asshole but so was JKC. But he's a winner and Snyder is a loser, I'll take my chances with one of the richest guy on Earth that has success in a number of ways.

Or it could be Harris and I'd be fine with that too.
i like harris as well

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bezos has crazy money but Harris has experience as an owner of two sports teams. I think three if you count his stake in soccer.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frighten thought brought up on the radio. Snyder continues to drag his feet on the sale, owners have had enough and vote him out. Then he sues and it is tied up in the courts for years. We know he would never make this easy. The delay of the sale will continue and the team will be unable to sign free agents as a result. He will stick it to us one last thing time but it will all be worth it because at some point he will be gone.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frighten thought brought up on the radio. Snyder continues to drag his feet on the sale, owners have had enough and vote him out. Then he sues and it is tied up in the courts for years. We know he would never make this easy. The delay of the sale will continue and the team will be unable to sign free agents as a result. He will stick it to us one last thing time but it will all be worth it because at some point he will be gone.
I think this is what snyder wants. If he can't have the team, he doesn't want anyone to.

He is jealous because he knows that the next owner will likely do what he never could...win consistently.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I am buying this but doing my best to pretend to be our own beat writer, Kbso here. I give this a 2 out 10 on the likelihood scale.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I am buying this but doing my best to pretend to be our own beat writer, Kbso here. I give this a 2 out 10 on the likelihood scale.

I saw that this morning and tried to pretend I didn't see it. I live in Houston and the Rockets are a mess. Have some young talent, but the Toyota Center is a ghost town.

Harris allows his GM Morey to run the team and was the owner when the 76ers tanked. Harris knows being a consistent 500. ball club is a one way ticket to nowhere.

Bezos would provide the Skins with the best of everything and with Jay Z would make the Skins a FA destination.

I wanted Snyder over Milstien so maybe I'll be wrong again. Not sure I like this though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that this morning and tried to pretend I didn't see it. I live in Houston and the Rockets are a mess. Have some young talent, but the Toyota Center is a ghost town.

Harris allows his GM Morey to run the team and was the owner when the 76ers tanked. Harris knows being a consistent 500. ball club is a one way ticket to nowhere.

Bezos would provide the Skins with the best of everything and with Jay Z would make the Skins a FA destination.

I wanted Snyder over Milstien so maybe I'll be wrong again. Not sure I like this though.
Something is out of place here. How would the son know about the final stages of negotiations and then blab it to the media? Fertitta has driven the rockets in the ground and that is common knowledge. I don't think he or Harris have the the money to do what is necessary. I think it has to be bezos.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is out of place here. How would the son know about the final stages of negotiations and then blab it to the media? Fertitta has driven the rockets in the ground and that is common knowledge. I don't think he or Harris have the the money to do what is necessary. I think it has to be bezos.
If Harris can get some help you never know. I've been hearing this thing might drag into April. If Harris really wants the team he could sell the Devils.

I'm gonna wait and see, but im still hoping Harris or Bezos buys the team. To go from the owner of the Dodgers to ending up with the owner of the Rockets? That's tough.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rafael Stone is the GM of the Rockets.

They are in the early stages of a complete rebuild. Check out the number of draft picks they have the next few years: Houston Rockets - Future Draft Picks | Fanspo

Wouldn't you want the next GM of Washington to run the team?