• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be impossible for me at my age. That said, it does indeed look like Dan is selling, so for those that are thinking about leaving I'll be glad that you stayed, even @duke1861 lol (kidding)

New owner doesn't equate success, but at least we'll have a fighting chance. New report says it's down to Harris and Bezos. Everyone else has bowed out.
You would dance in the streets if I left for good...lol

You would miss my wentz, snyder, and Rivera bashing...lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we went woke and changed the name then everything went south with me . I can’t get behind the name commanders, it’s too forced

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would dance in the streets if I left for good...lol

You would miss my wentz, snyder, and Rivera bashing...lol
Nah......you've been early and right on a lot of things.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we went woke and changed the name then everything went south with me . I can’t get behind the name commanders, it’s too forced
old school me is right with you Dad.
Warriors was too easy I guess, Spear helmets...song, everything. Shame.
Always Redskins for me since easy was so hard.
such a cluster but I'm somehow pulling for a few of you guys

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old school me is right with you Dad.
Warriors was too easy I guess, Spear helmets...song, everything. Shame.
Always Redskins for me since easy was so hard.
such a cluster but I'm somehow pulling for a few of you guys
It makes smack talk obsolete

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be impossible for me at my age. That said, it does indeed look like Dan is selling, so for those that are thinking about leaving I'll be glad that you stayed, even @duke1861 lol (kidding)

New owner doesn't equate success, but at least we'll have a fighting chance. New report says it's down to Harris and Bezos. Everyone else has bowed out.

Harris or Bezos were my choices. One has experience owning winning teams and the other figured out how to put himself in space without the help of NASA.

But really anyone but Daniel Snyder. We may never win another Super Bowl in my lifetime but rooting for a team I am no longer embarrassed to support would be a huge improvement. I don't know how anyone can go out of town and wear Commanders or worse Washington Football Team gear with pride. People in Pittsburgh or other places would simply smirk and shake their head.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah......you've been early and right on a lot of things.
Hopefully, we are all dancing in the streets when Snyder sells brother.

The rebels would have blown up the Death Star!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bezos could be worse then danny

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, slow and painful for Dan is kind of sweet justice for me, just as long as it gets done. Not to be judgmental, but I can't for the life of me understand how you guys can just start rooting for another team.

At 47 it would be impossible for me. I get the disgust with the team and you are not alone based on attendance, but if all of the sudden I showed up with some random Packers hoodie on my family and friends would have me committed. Seriously. Lol
As far as rooting for another team, that is difficult. But to wash your hands of a team isn’t as hard as you might think. lve done it before, growing up, I was a huge orioles fan. Then Angelos bought them and ruined a once proud franchise (sound familiar?). After about a decade or so, I couldn’t do it anymore. I had to walk from the game until the Nats showed back up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as rooting for another team, that is difficult. But to wash your hands of a team isn’t as hard as you might think. lve done it before, growing up, I was a huge orioles fan. Then Angelos bought them and ruined a once proud franchise (sound familiar?). After about a decade or so, I couldn’t do it anymore. I had to walk from the game until the Nats showed back up.
I was a HUGE O's fan until the Nats showed up, but I was one of the ones that always wanted my own team in DC.

I even made the news as a 10 year old kid. Reporter stopped me leaving an exhibition at RFK between the Mets and O's and I said into a hot mic that Mayor Barry really needs to do something to get us a team.

Of course I was probably just repeating something I had heard my dad say, but when a 10 year old calls out the mayor, yeah its going to make the nightly local news. True story.

I remember my mom yelling that I was on TV and to hurry up and turn on a TV. Lol

I have no problem if people walk away. I really have no problem if they switch teams. I wasn't judging, I was just trying to figure out how that works. Just how can you physically fall in love with another team as an adult. No shade, just curious.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear my Commander gear and I don't give a shit what people think .. I got wax warmers hats shirts etc Go Manders !!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a HUGE O's fan until the Nats showed up, but I was one of the ones that always wanted my own team in DC.

I even made the news as a 10 year old kid. Reporter stopped me leaving an exhibition at RFK between the Mets and O's and I said into a hot mic that Mayor Barry really needs to do something to get us a team.

Of course I was probably just repeating something I had heard my dad say, but when a 10 year old calls out the mayor, yeah its going to make the nightly local news. True story.

I remember my mom yelling that I was on TV and to hurry up and turn on a TV. Lol

I have no problem if people walk away. I really have no problem if they switch teams. I wasn't judging, I was just trying to figure out how that works. Just how can you physically fall in love with another team as an adult. No shade, just curious.
You didn't say anything wrong or call anyone out.

I have changed teams once. I was born in Philadelphia so I was an Eagles, Phillies and Warriors fan until age 7 when my family moved just outside DC then I was all DC all the time.

A little over 20 year ago I took a job in Manhattan and tried to root for the Giants. What the hell, they had Kerry Collins from Penn State, lol. A year later I got DirecTV so I could go back to my Skins. I missed my Washington area teams and moved back to MD after 6 years.

I liked Pittsburgh because they kicked the crap out of the Cowboys and had a few Penn State players. I have rooted for various former Redskin players and coaches over the years but have remained a Washington fan.

I never rooted for any team from Baltimore. I liked a lot of Orioles players but was not a fan. You and your Dad were right about getting a team in DC. Sadly the Lerner's aren't very good owners either but we did get a World Series.

I said the other day I will root for Jacksonville when I move to Florida and I will. I will also root for the Redskins. As you said it is in the blood.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never not rooting for the team from DC, my hometown.

Not buying any fucking Commanders gear though, nor am I going to any Commanders games.

No more money for the POS owner.

No DC baseball team when I was growing up, and I went to a fair amount of O’s games in memorial stadium. Also, Cal Ripken.

I also went to so many Caps games as a fan that I outfitted all my buddies with “stick night” full length hockey sticks they used to give out at the Cap Center in Landover as a promotion.

Not switching allegiances ever, despite living in NYC for 20 years.

To each their own.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you swear or make a crass joke on air?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say anything wrong or call anyone out.

I have changed teams once. I was born in Philadelphia so I was an Eagles, Phillies and Warriors fan until age 7 when my family moved just outside DC then I was all DC all the time.

A little over 20 year ago I took a job in Manhattan and tried to root for the Giants. What the hell, they had Kerry Collins from Penn State, lol. A year later I got DirecTV so I could go back to my Skins. I missed my Washington area teams and moved back to MD after 6 years.

I liked Pittsburgh because they kicked the crap out of the Cowboys and had a few Penn State players. I have rooted for various former Redskin players and coaches over the years but have remained a Washington fan.

I never rooted for any team from Baltimore. I liked a lot of Orioles players but was not a fan. You and your Dad were right about getting a team in DC. Sadly the Lerner's aren't very good owners either but we did get a World Series.

I said the other day I will root for Jacksonville when I move to Florida and I will. I will also root for the Redskins. As you said it is in the blood.
I appreciate you understanding what I was trying to say. Probably did a piss poor job of trying to express myself. I've prided myself on never attacking anyone on here unless they come for me first.

Moving around......I get that. Totally understand.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you swear or make a crass joke on air?
No, none of that. Just a little boy that came across angry. I said it with a tone of WTF Barry? Do something. I do remember that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never not rooting for the team from DC, my hometown.

Not buying any fucking Commanders gear though, nor am I going to any Commanders games.

No more money for the POS owner.

No DC baseball team when I was growing up, and I went to a fair amount of O’s games in memorial stadium. Also, Cal Ripken.

I also went to so many Caps games as a fan that I outfitted all my buddies with “stick night” full length hockey sticks they used to give out at the Cap Center in Landover as a promotion.

Not switching allegiances ever, despite living in NYC for 20 years.

To each their own.
Just got back from NYC. God that's a great city. I caught the bug. I'm thinking about relocating from Houston to NY. Murray was my guy on the O's. They whiffed on McDonald, Cal retired, and I became a casual after that until the Nats and Zimmerman showed up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you understanding what I was trying to say. Probably did a piss poor job of trying to express myself. I've prided myself on never attacking anyone on here unless they come for me first.

Moving around......I get that. Totally understand.
You do a great job of presenting your point without getting in a shit storm or getting in long extended repeat posts. :D:thumb: I enjoy reading your posts. You understand nuances of the game as very well.

The early 2000s were the time to live in NYC, it has turned into a shit hole again.

Eddie, Cal, Flanagan, Mussina, Boog, Frank & Brooks, Paul Blair ....

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do a great job of presenting your point without getting in a shit storm or getting in long extended repeat posts. :D:thumb: I enjoy reading your posts. You understand nuances of the game as very well.

The early 2000s were the time to live in NYC, it has turned into a shit hole again.

Eddie, Cal, Flanagan, Mussina, Boog, Frank & Brooks, Paul Blair ....
I appreciate that @Sportster 72. I make it a point to read yours as well. NYC is still dirty. Trash still piled up on the sidewalks, but the energy is contagious. You probably have a different perspective since you lived there.

Being in Houston where is 90 degrees year round save for a week or two in January, I miss the cold and the seasons.

The last full season I kept up with the O's was probably the year Brady Anderson got juiced out of his mind and was crushing HRs as a lead off man. That's kind of when baseball became a joke in general to me and I kinda tuned out.