• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postish FA PLAYOFF SEEDS!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO GO GO !!!!!!

as a bonus pick your worst record team from each conference.

And Playoff seeds...not to be confused with most likely to win the conference!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE WEST:

1. Rockets - Based off Asik at the 5 and Howard at the 4.
2. Clippers - I think Doc will get them to turn the corner.
3. Thunder - This is mostly because of the uncertainty of a knee injury and a little of losing another piece.
4. Warriors - Added some D that will not hurt their offence.
5. Memphis - Considering the increase in strength at the top 3 this is an improvement, sort of.
6. Spurs - Hang over maybe, another year older from their big 3. They have some new young talent though and the best coach in the game.
7. Minnesota - Love will be back and win them some games.
8. Dallas - I had to choose somebody, they added a bunch of guards and still have a Dirk.
8b. Denver - Young talent will keep the race tight with Dallas.

West's top Lottery Candidate LA LAKERS!!!! Just kidding, it will be the Suns again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies
6. Warriors
7. Nuggets
8. Lakers

I see 4,5 and 6 as interchangeable!!

Worst record: Suns

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies
6. Warriors
7. Nuggets
8. Lakers

I see 4,5 and 6 as interchangeable!!

Worst record: Suns

Now that I think about it: 1, 2 and 3 are pretty interchangeable too!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East:

1. Heat - They sputtered their last 14 games but make no mistake they will do enough (and easily have enough) to be the #1 overall seed.
2. Bulls - Look what they did with out Rose? He is back and Thibs gets his players to play every night. Would only be mildly surprised if Rose is worth an extra 10-15 wins in a season for a #1 seed.
3. Pacers - Breakthrough season for the team and they stay pretty much the same.
4. Brooklyn - Added a lot of veteran leadership and have a lot of talent with a first year coach of any kind...unless he has been coaching some little league in the offseason?

Country mile of talent, team chemistry and overall BBall IQ...

5. Knicks - They will score a bunch and win some games, then get destroyed in the first round as per the usual.

A small city block of talent...

6. Cavaliers - Somebody has to be here, they will do some things and might not break a 40% win percentage but I think that will be better than the remaining teams to be honest.
7. Pistons - Why not, they picked up the Hawks in the offseason and have some young talent.
8. Bucks - They kept their center and it feels dirty to say that one of the other teams in the east would be here, it feels dirty to think the bucks would be.

The 8 seed is almost just as likely to win the lottery as the the actual lottery winner but if I have to choose a commitment to incompetence from the Top down it has to be the Bobcats in all their glory.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE WEST:

3. Thunder - This is mostly because of the uncertainty of a knee injury and a little of losing another piece.
5. Memphis - Considering the increase in strength at the top 3 this is an improvement, sort of.
6. Spurs - Hang over maybe, another year older from their big 3. They have some new young talent though and the best coach in the game.
8. Dallas - I had to choose somebody, they added a bunch of guards and still have a Dirk.

West's top Lottery Candidate LA LAKERS!!!! Just kidding, it will be the Suns again.

I have to disagree with your 1 and 6. You might as well switch them up with one another and I think Houston will end up a 5 seed.

Houston is playing Jeremy Lin at the point, a PG who has no move to the left and still makes rookie mistakes. The Spurs have been the very definition of consistency. The Spurs have always won 50+ games which at least gives you home court in the 1st round. They'll be right back where they were last season - possibly in the Finals. A choke job like last season isn't going to hang around you the whole next season, especially with a veteran core like they have who's won multiple titles together.

I do agree with your East predictions, with the possibility that Chicago and Miami could be the 1 and 2 respectively. Could go either way.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched a lot of Rocket games but I just assumed Lin ran the offence like Chalmers does...bring the ball down the court and pass it to a superior player to let him run the offence. That being said I did kind of forget he was on the team...

Spurs are very consistent and that is just more of a feeling of kind of a changing of the guards. We will see what Kwahi has to offer and I would not be suprised if any of the top 6 (except memphis) get the 1 seed. Looking back I can not believe I put them below Memphis, oops.

Amended seeds:

1. OKC
2. Clipper
3. Rockets
4. GSW
5. SA
6. Memphis

7, 8 race:

Dallas, Denver, LAL, Minnesota not in any order.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff seeds aren't important. Miami will finish somewhere between 1-3 depending on how well rose comes back...how much indiana improves...etc

What really matters is how they do in the playoffs...so i'll skip the east

West

1) Thunder - Durant will come back this season hungry as ever. Loss of Kevin Martin hurts...but Thunder have a lot of young guys that could potentially step up (reggie jackson, jeremy lamb)
2) Clippers - The talent is there. They have a bonified superstar (cp3) that can close out games and hit the clutch shots. They have the athleticism and now they have the veteran saavy and coaching to go with the talent.
3) Rockets - First year bumps will have them as three...but like Miami...playoff seeding for the Rockets won't be that important. They will be on the upswing once playoff time comes around and probably be the msot dangerous team to face.
4) Spurs - Critics keep talking about their age but...Parker is still in his prime...Kawhi Leonard is really young...Danny Green is young...Splitter is young. Only Duncan and Manu are old. Manu is no longer that important...and Duncan I still think can produce at a high level. Plus...I think Kawhi Leonard is on the verge of a Paul George type break out season.
5) Warriors - What a fun team to watch. I was actually hoping Dwight would land here. But regardless, the young talent on this team is incredible. Adding Iggy gives them a legit perimter defender and another athletic body. Their xfactor is Bogut's health. If he can stay healthy and give them 14-10 with 2-3 blks...whew they're a top 3 team.
6) Grizzlies - The Indiana Pacers of the West...minus the superstar on the rise (Paul George). They'll be a thorn in the side for any team to face them...but they dont have enough fire power to make it through the entire West.
7) Blazers - I really like the young talent on this team. Damian Lillard, Nicholas Batum, Wesley Matthews, CJ McCollum, JJ Hickson...and not to mention Lamarcus Aldridge (who is arguably the best pf in the game)
8) Twolves - If Love and Rubio are healthy...they're a playoff team...if not...then Nuggets sneak in.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ok. City
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Rockets
6. Warriors
7. Nuggets
8. Mavs

Suns ( next years lottery winner)

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. Bucks
8. Celtics

Bobcats ( fall to 3 in lottery)

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with Logical up there.

Seems the rest really like the Spurs up there...that top 5 race will be interesting. If GSW can stay healthy I like them as a possibility.

In general it looks like everybody thinks the East is a forgone conclusion and in the West there is top 4 teams with GSW as an injury prone dark horse.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with Logical up there.

Seems the rest really like the Spurs up there...that top 5 race will be interesting. If GSW can stay healthy I like them as a possibility.

In general it looks like everybody thinks the East is a forgone conclusion and in the West there is top 4 teams with GSW as an injury prone dark horse.

No way to predict injuries, etc..., but in reality it is harder to project 5-8 in both conferences then 1-4.

In the East, I could make a case for the Raptors, Pistons, Cavs, or Wizards to get it.
In the West, same could be said for T Wolves, Lakers or Pelicans.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs took the 4 seed.

Nets could easily implode with all the new pieces and the Knicks are an implosion waiting to happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs took the 4 seed.

Nets could easily implode with all the new pieces and the Knicks are an implosion waiting to happen.

For the Cavs to have that type of success, it would take huge
, full seasons from both Bynum and Irving.

I just can't see that happening with their injury history's.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think they need Bynum for that, 45 wins and some outside help.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West

1) LAC
2) SAS
3) OKC
4) HOU
5) GSW
6) MEM
7) DEN
8) LAL

Worst Record-Suns

East

1) MIA
2) CHI
3) BKLYN
4) INDY
5) NYK
6) WAS
7) CLE
8) DET

Worst Record- Charlotte

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cavs to have that type of success, it would take huge
, full seasons from both Bynum and Irving.

I just can't see that happening with their injury history's.

Especially Bynum!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Thunder
2) Clippers
3) Spurs
4) Rockets
5) Warriors
6) Grizzlies
7) Lakers
8) Blazers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE WEST:

I think the last Houston wants to do is have Asik and Howard on the floor at the same time. Neither can shoot the ball outside of the paint. Those two will clog up the middle impacting Harden's ability to get to the rim. Asik will be a solid backup for Howard assuming he's into it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last Houston wants to do is have Asik and Howard on the floor at the same time. Neither can shoot the ball outside of the paint. Those two will clog up the middle impacting Harden's ability to get to the rim. Asik will be a solid backup for Howard assuming he's into it.

Last I heard Asik isn't into it...I do see the offensive ramifications now though...them getting every rebound would have to aid in that deficiency though.