• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postgame Locker Room

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike took responsibility and most of the players had Mike's back in case you missed it. RG3 is the one deflecting blame.

you must have seen a different press conference then i did . i could have sworn RG3 said i have to play better and i shouldnt have thrown that pass that was picked

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must have seen a different press conference then i did . i could have sworn RG3 said i have to play better and i shouldnt have thrown that pass that was picked

I could have swore I heard him say what more can I do. Maybe not.

Either way, when you say there are things you can't say...it's a bad thing to say.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense that RG3 just doesn't know what to make of this mess.

I also think it's entirely possible that shanny is orchestrating this entire thing. When the fuck has he EVER accepted blame for a loss, especially by saying, " My bad! I didn't have them prepared!"

The guy deflects blame like it's his profession.

I do think RG3 needs a mentor though. No more weekly press conferences. No more press conferences at all, until you get yourself healthy and start hitting wr's in the numbers again.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Griffin and his teammates all know they have to play better to win. What they also know and will not directly come out and say is, the coaching stinks in DC right now. Of course the veterans will say, "I like playing for this staff", "they are great to work with", "It's all on us as players". That's what they are supposed to say. This team as a whole is a complete mess and everyone including every player in the locker room knows this.

This is more of a rift between a disgruntled owner and a tarnished coach. Well guess what, Mike's ego finally got the best of him this time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think it's entirely possible that shanny is orchestrating this entire thing. When the fuck has he EVER accepted blame for a loss, especially by saying, " My bad! I didn't have them prepared!"

I do think RG3 needs a mentor though. No more weekly press conferences. No more press conferences at all, until you get yourself healthy and start hitting wr's in the numbers again.

Yesterday if you watched the press conference. Just figured I would point that out. In fact Shanahan has never come out and said, well its the players fault. Rg3 has been known to blame the Line, play calling and WRs for a poor performance once or twice though. Just saying.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday if you watched the press conference. Just figured I would point that out. In fact Shanahan has never come out and said, well its the players fault. Rg3 has been known to blame the Line, play calling and WRs for a poor performance once or twice though. Just saying.

Mike Shanahan cannot come out and say those things.....HE put them together on the field. RGIII absolutely can say those things, he's the one getting killed because the lightest offensive line in the NFL cannot pass block. He's the one who has NO legitimate (recognized and acknowledged by other teams) #1 WR. He has No TE (Spectacular catch by Paulsen) to consistently throw to. Reed is hurt and they refuse to include Davis in their passing plans. You can refute this but these are the facts!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, what he did yesterday in his presser was an admission that he wanted to quit as reported after the Seattle game last year. What he's doing now is trying to get fired. As you've correctly stated, M. Shanahan NEVER accepts blame for a loss, that's the way he works. When a coach like him says "My bad" he's daring the owner to fire him, pay the remainder of his contract. What a sleazebag!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan cannot come out and say those things.....HE put them together on the field. RGIII absolutely can say those things, he's the one getting killed because the lightest offensive line in the NFL cannot pass block. He's the one who has NO legitimate (recognized and acknowledged by other teams) #1 WR. He has No TE (Spectacular catch by Paulsen) to consistently throw to. Reed is hurt and they refuse to include Davis in their passing plans. You can refute this but these are the facts!!

Didnt realize that in order to be a #1 WR, it required a thumbs up from the other 31 teams in the NFL. But fact is Garcon is on pace for 100 catches this year and is over 1000 yards receiving. What more does he have to do in order to be a #1 WR in your eyes?? You can defend Griffin until you are blue in the face, but fact is other QB are getting it done while he is not. You cant blame the line for his inability to read defenses presnap. Missing open WRs on his throws is not a product of the play called or the coach failing him. Its not all his fault, but he has to share some of the blame. And the easiest way to either prove or dispell that all this stems from the line is simple, put Cousins in as the starter and see if the offense runs well. Let him play against Dallas and NY. Both teams are still fighting for a playoffs spot and neither will likely play soft. But we cant do that, because god forbid Cousins come in and get it done, would force one to question the whole RG3 deal from top to bottom.

Side not, dont look now, but Tannehill is quietly leading his team on a playoffs attempt this year behind a worse line with a worse supporting case on offense. And he only cost 1/4 of what Griffin did.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize that in order to be a #1 WR, it required a thumbs up from the other 31 teams in the NFL. But fact is Garcon is on pace for 100 catches this year and is over 1000 yards receiving. What more does he have to do in order to be a #1 WR in your eyes?? You can defend Griffin until you are blue in the face, but fact is other QB are getting it done while he is not. You cant blame the line for his inability to read defenses presnap. Missing open WRs on his throws is not a product of the play called or the coach failing him. Its not all his fault, but he has to share some of the blame. And the easiest way to either prove or dispell that all this stems from the line is simple, put Cousins in as the starter and see if the offense runs well. Let him play against Dallas and NY. Both teams are still fighting for a playoffs spot and neither will likely play soft. But we cant do that, because god forbid Cousins come in and get it done, would force one to question the whole RG3 deal from top to bottom.

Side not, dont look now, but Tannehill is quietly leading his team on a playoffs attempt this year behind a worse line with a worse supporting case on offense. And he only cost 1/4 of what Griffin did.

Maybe you missed it, maybe ignored it, but I said that Garcon is a #1 on this team, but no team this season has played him as if he was a game changer, like players other teams have. What the opposition has done is play 8 in the box and dared YOUR legitimate #1 to beat them. Sure there was no offseason to work on passing game and that's a coaching issue. 6 foot tall, 212 pound (runs a 4,48 -40) Garcon has been (factually) always a number 2 and in my eyes will always be that. RGIII does share some of the blame on this we agree.......some of the blame......but as you suggest but will not admit.....who owns the rest???

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you missed it, maybe ignored it, but I said that Garcon is a #1 on this team, but no team this season has played him as if he was a game changer, like players other teams have. What the opposition has done is play 8 in the box and dared YOUR legitimate #1 to beat them. Sure there was no offseason to work on passing game and that's a coaching issue. 6 foot tall, 212 pound (runs a 4,48 -40) Garcon has been (factually) always a number 2 and in my eyes will always be that. RGIII does share some of the blame on this we agree.......some of the blame......but as you suggest but will not admit.....who owns the rest???

I think you are missing it. Teams are not daring Garcon to beat them. They are daring RG3 to beat them with his arm. And he isnt doing it. You could have Garcon, Andre Johnson and Megatron on the field, and if your QB cant read the defense and beat it with his arm, it wont matter. Yes, the coaching has made a huge mistake. But I think its more in investing so much in a single player only to turn around and say, well we dont have enough around him. All it proves is what we have already known, its a team sport. We invested in RG3 as if he could carry the team. Now when he cant infact carry the team, its every one elses fault.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are missing it. Teams are not daring Garcon to beat them. They are daring RG3 to beat them with his arm. And he isnt doing it. You could have Garcon, Andre Johnson and Megatron on the field, and if your QB cant read the defense and beat it with his arm, it wont matter. Yes, the coaching has made a huge mistake. But I think its more in investing so much in a single player only to turn around and say, well we dont have enough around him. All it proves is what we have already known, its a team sport. We invested in RG3 as if he could carry the team. Now when he cant infact carry the team, its every one elses fault.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Griffin in fact "carried" the team to the NFCE crown last season. There were many reasons for that but I'm sure you will agree Shark that Griffin played a HUGE role in that. The knee injury derailed things (ravens game) that likely required surgery at that point, clearly playing on one leg in the Dallas game, then re-inserted into the Seattle game when he shouldn't have been. This team hasn't changed much, same players from the year before. What is evident is we don't have Andre Johnson or Megatron on our team to throw too. Having said that, the QB deficiencies or mechanics you always mention are who's fault? No pass protection is who's fault? A QB who is not 100% healthy is who's fault? A defense that couldn't stop you and me if we put a team together is who's fault? A play caller who struggles late in close games is who's fault? Griffin has never deflected blame for his poor play. Is the guy confident? Yes. Does he have an ego? Likely, all NFL players do as it comes with the territory. He didn't ask to be drafted by the Skins. He didn't ask for the owner/coach dis-function that is going on. The guy poured his heart & soul into rehabbing so he could return and help his team win.

I will agree with most that Griffin has played poorly this season and the list of reasons why are long. Is he solely to blame for this mess of a franchise? Hell no! Shanahan has been a pompous ass from day 1 and is clearly trying to collect some free money at this point because he just wants out. I truly believe that with the right GM, Head coach and staff in place, Griffin and his teammates will thrive. I'm not going to use Griffin or any one player as the whipping boy for this mess. It starts at the top and trickles downhill and unfortunately changes for all are in order.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Griffin in fact "carried" the team to the NFCE crown last season. There were many reasons for that but I'm sure you will agree Shark that Griffin played a HUGE role in that. The knee injury derailed things (ravens game) that likely required surgery at that point, clearly playing on one leg in the Dallas game, then re-inserted into the Seattle game when he shouldn't have been. This team hasn't changed much, same players from the year before. What is evident is we don't have Andre Johnson or Megatron on our team to throw too. Having said that, the QB deficiencies or mechanics you always mention are who's fault? No pass protection is who's fault? A QB who is not 100% healthy is who's fault? A defense that couldn't stop you and me if we put a team together is who's fault? A play caller who struggles late in close games is who's fault? Griffin has never deflected blame for his poor play. Is the guy confident? Yes. Does he have an ego? Likely, all NFL players do as it comes with the territory. He didn't ask to be drafted by the Skins. He didn't ask for the owner/coach dis-function that is going on. The guy poured his heart & soul into rehabbing so he could return and help his team win.

I will agree with most that Griffin has played poorly this season and the list of reasons why are long. Is he solely to blame for this mess of a franchise? Hell no! Shanahan has been a pompous ass from day 1 and is clearly trying to collect some free money at this point because he just wants out. I truly believe that with the right GM, Head coach and staff in place, Griffin and his teammates will thrive. I'm not going to use Griffin or any one player as the whipping boy for this mess. It starts at the top and trickles downhill and unfortunately changes for all are in order.

Thanks!!!! I started to write this myself almost word for word. The exception would be that I would have made it clear that had we an Andre Johnson or Megatron on this team...teams would play us differently the running game would be more potent and it is possible that players of that caliber makes the passer look good too. I love what Pierre Garcon brings to this team, but clearly he is NOT the type of game changer for this team that other number 1's are for theirs...... at least not yet.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that collectively you all made good pts. The bottom line is that the offense can get better next season by a combination of somewhat improved offense via FA and draft, offseason preparation by RG3 and perhaps different coaching. The problems are the result of several factors and blame goes across the board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look guys shark is on a hate RG3 kick because he bought into all the hype last off season and he wants a scapegoat

can Rg3 play better sure but yesterday exposed a poor tackling defense and a special teams that is amongst the worst in NFL history

the o/line was playing decently until the last victory but it tanked , probably because it is the lightest in the NFL

shanny got handed a shit sandwich , improved it some , but in the end he was inflexible with coaches and kept around and hired dead weight Play calling was uneven at best and clock management was an issue during the whole regime

given time RG3 can read defenses and throw accurately . i think its true it take 2 years to be fully back to where you were after an ACL but shark thinks RG3 should have done something most athletes cant because he thinks Rg3 put a gun to shanny's head and forced him to make the trade

shark's anger should be with the front office and not the 23 yr old qb but he would rather take shots at him

the next items have nothing to do with shark

most people have forgotten what it is to be 23 or 24 . or they are so holier then thou that they believe their collective shit doesnt stink

most people believe every single bit of print and are too stupid to research the hole issue BEFORE jumping to conclusions . sure sometimes you are right but more often then not you are in the end changing your argument because you want to save your collective faces

and it doesnt matter what side of the issue you fall on

i bought into the hype . i believed that Rg3 would come back and come back strong ,i believed that helu would be 100 % rak would , merriweather would davis would carriker would but in the end only helu and nield were anywhere near 100 % right away

then we get bushwhacked vs philly and from there it went down hill

after yesterdays game it is clear shanny must go some of you hated on him the hole time some didnt but there is too much turmoil to overcome .

i bet people in the late 40[s thru the early 70' s never thought this team could be fixed . but it did and for a a couple of decades we won championships and competed for titles . i believe it will happen again . sooner or later the right combo will be in place

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AARZdRMQsk8]RG3 Emotional Press Conference After Loss to Chiefs 12/8/13 - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but this press conference is brutal. The media is a bunch of pigs. They know that the guy is really down yet they are relentless with their questions & hardly any of this has anything to do with play on the field.

I just wish that RG3 would not have any more of these press conferences for the entire season (and possibly the offseason). If it means paying a fine - great - pay it as it will be worth it. I just fear that he is going to explode at one of the next press conferences & say the wrong thing. It appeared as if he came close at this one. Very sad.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him explode. How on earth could he blame everyone else when its his fault that the offense is not successful this year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press that covers the redskins is unique. The vast majority hate the organization and look for anything that might be a rift. They never liked shanahan because, quite frankly, shanahan treated them with disdain from day one. They dislike Snyder for the same reason. RG3 just gets painted with that same brush. The next coach has to have better communication skills. Some are masters at respecting the press yet really not saying anything. This is paramount for any coach coming in here.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him explode. How on earth could he blame everyone else when its his fault that the offense is not successful this year.

Did you watch this clip? These questions have nothing to do with other players. Actually - RG3 did place the blame on himself at one point. I completely agree that RG3 is a major part of the problem right now. That is not my point.

The fact is that these press conferences serve no purpose for RG3 or the Redskins. They only feed the pigs known as the media and help promote their web-sites, TV shows, papers, etc. It is a pretty disgusting display by these reporters.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press that covers the redskins is unique. The vast majority hate the organization and look for anything that might be a rift. They never liked shanahan because, quite frankly, shanahan treated them with disdain from day one. They dislike Snyder for the same reason. RG3 just gets painted with that same brush. The next coach has to have better communication skills. Some are masters at respecting the press yet really not saying anything. This is paramount for any coach coming in here.

Great points. Also - when it gets to the point of not benefiting anyone - just walk away. RG3 will learn this lesson in a similar way to how Cam Newton has learned it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW j_y - places like the WP must have a relatively big audience that apparently likes their views on a lot of this. Just read some of the comments below their articles - predominately consists of morons who are pretty clueless.