• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postgame Locker Room

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the call, Shanahan gets fired. Houston hires him. And we continue to look.....lsot

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Make shanny quit, go 3-13, have gm fire Kyle shanny immediately, continue to release negative press about shanny, eventually shanny quit on his own.

Texans already looking at wise hunt.

At least wait until the texans hire somebody else...

That's what Snyder should do.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Make shanny quit, go 3-13, have gm fire Kyle shanny immediately, continue to release negative press about shanny, eventually shanny quit on his own.

That's what Snyder will do, but that's the type of response that will make any potential coach worth his salt say I won't work for that guy. So we get stuck with the Zorns of the world.

Take a higher road. Act mature. Go to Shanahan and be professional. It isn't working and its time for a change. I know you want that Houston job. Lets talk about a settlement.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I meant "that's what Snyder WILL do." Not should.

Was already thinking about a different post...

Honestly though, I don't think Snyder has it in him to be mature.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Snyder has a gorilla the size of Alaska in the room. Texans have to comply with Rooney rule just like every other team that dismisses a coach.

Snyder cant let this fester he has to act fast to right the ship and set the tone for next year and beyond. I bet Shanny and Kyle are out in 48 hours and Haslett is interim HC and Morris is interim OC

JMHO but it could not be worse than whats been going on

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I meant "that's what Snyder WILL do." Not should.

Was already thinking about a different post...

Honestly though, I don't think Snyder has it in him to be mature.

And there is the root of the problem. All the rest of the issues over the last 15 years are just symptoms of the real problem.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has a gorilla the size of Alaska in the room. Texans have to comply with Rooney rule just like every other team that dismisses a coach.

Snyder cant let this fester he has to act fast to right the ship and set the tone for next year and beyond. I bet Shanny and Kyle are out in 48 hours and Haslett is interim HC and Morris is interim OC

JMHO but it could not be worse than what been going on

No way Haslett is the interim HC. If anyone, it might be Raheem. Or the bingo caller we pulled in during the Zorn fiasco.......

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Haslett is the interim HC. If anyone, it might be Raheem. Or the bingo caller we pulled in during the Zorn fiasco.......

The Interim HC doesnt matter at this point. Haslett, Morris, Snyder himself. the only reason to hold Shanahan is to try and get out of paying his 2014 check, and keep him from getting the Houston job.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is the root of the problem. All the rest of the issues over the last 15 years are just symptoms of the real problem.

Although Jason Reid, of all people, has a good point:

The Danny mostly stayed out of the way, gave shanny everything he wanted, and Danny made his own bed.

Case in point: Richmond training camp, new weight room, new chef, new traveling schedule, hiring of Kyle as playcaller, etc.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Danny mostly stayed out of the way, gave shanny everything he wanted, and Danny made his own bed.

Case in point: Richmond training camp, new weight room, new chef, new traveling schedule, hiring of Kyle as playcaller, etc.

From the outside looking in, this all seems true. I'm not defending shanahan. I'm more concerned about where we go from here and what Snyder does next.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i have to agree , he stayed away for the most part

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to agree , he stayed away for the most part

But did he? Or did he undermine mike and Kyle by allowing RG3 to meet with him and discuss how RG3 had issues with the play calling?

My guess there is a shit load more about this that has yet to come out. As someone posted earlier, no one without blame for this.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that Mike gets fired but he shouldn't. RG3 is losing my respect day by day, the more I read.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that Mike gets fired but he shouldn't. RG3 is losing my respect day by day, the more I read.

No one including RG3 cares about losing your respect. As you know, the NFL is all about what have you done for me lately. Mike & Co have failed and Mike typically deflects responsibility. He is the HDIC and should accept all responsibility just as RG3 should for the offensive woes. In any case, the Skins will find a new HC with or without your respect and begin anew. Just how things work GK.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one including RG3 cares about losing your respect. As you know, the NFL is all about what have you done for me lately. Mike & Co have failed and Mike typically deflects responsibility. He is the HDIC and should accept all responsibility just as RG3 should for the offensive woes. In any case, the Skins will find a new HC with or without your respect and begin anew. Just how things work GK.

Guess you didn't see mike's presser, huh?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they should care a great deal. When a team in a bigger market (such as DC) has half the stadium empty, its never a good sign for the team as a whole. Mike is done in DC, its not a matter of if, but when. RG3 is still on his rookie deal. If they do what is suspected and bring in a coach who will cater to him even more, and the team still fails, he runs the risk of people thinking it was more him than the team around him. Joey Harrington come to mind.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike took responsibility and most of the players had Mike's back in case you missed it. RG3 is the one deflecting blame.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didn't see mike's presser, huh?

Of course not. He's just spouting off with the mouth without thought. He doesn't want to see RG3's flaws in character...just like I didn't want to. I was hoping he was different.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this numerous times, but RG3 needs a mentor. And not his dad and not his agent. Hate to say it, but McNabb may have been right. He's just not the right messenger. I'd love to see a Darrell green or art monk take the guy under his wing. He's still young, there is still hope.