• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Posted this on Giants board...indulge me

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edibles are kicking in and I'm feeling good after watching Snell throw a no no

But hear me out

The 2010 Giants title team had 3 top level starters (Timmeh, Cain, Sanchez), an emerging lefty stud (Bum of course), a very good bullpen with a nail biter closer, and a middling offense. That was always their model, never the favorite, beat you with great playoff pitching.

This lines up pretty well with the 2024 team.

Biggest difference is sadly that the 2010 team had a much better record at this point, had their big 3 the entire season, and a positive run differential. So I'm not high enough to think this team is like that, but there are parallels. Give us this team to start the year and we are a strong wild card with a rotation that can win a title, just like the not-favorite 2010 team.

I hope they find a way to keep Snell, why not? Finishing strong he may see what I'm typing here...he looks like he likes the Snoop life too.

They are very unlikely to make the playoffs, but if they do they will be extremely dangerous in that pitching dominated random tournament.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edibles are kicking in and I'm feeling good after watching Snell throw a no no

But hear me out

The 2010 Giants title team had 3 top level starters (Timmeh, Cain, Sanchez), an emerging lefty stud (Bum of course), a very good bullpen with a nail biter closer, and a middling offense. That was always their model, never the favorite, beat you with great playoff pitching.

This lines up pretty well with the 2024 team.

Biggest difference is sadly that the 2010 team had a much better record at this point, had their big 3 the entire season, and a positive run differential. So I'm not high enough to think this team is like that, but there are parallels. Give us this team to start the year and we are a strong wild card with a rotation that can win a title, just like the not-favorite 2010 team.

I hope they find a way to keep Snell, why not? Finishing strong he may see what I'm typing here...he looks like he likes the Snoop life too.

They are very unlikely to make the playoffs, but if they do they will be extremely dangerous in that pitching dominated random tournament.
It's a marathon, so you need those end of the rotation guys to help you win enough games to get to the postseason, but yeah if you do make it and you have 2 or 3 starters that are pitching well there's always a chance.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to play the role of fluke trash Cody Ross and who is going to throw at his bat now that Roy Halladay is dead?
haha, I always forget that dude's name. He was really a good platoon hitter, true lefty masher. Which made it weird that he hit 2 off of Halladay.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, I always forget that dude's name. He was really a good platoon hitter, true lefty masher. Which made it weird that he hit 2 off of Halladay.
And then in 2011 you have the only time in Cliff Lee’s career he would blow a 3 run lead.

Yep… @msgkings322 Phils fans stole your thread. We’re 4-12 in our last 16 and now we’re raging and unruly.

IMG_4872.gif

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long way to go but it doesn’t help their case that the Mets, Dbacks and Padres are playing well. They might have the same model as that team but they will likely have to get very hot this last third of the season

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long way to go but it doesn’t help their case that the Mets, Dbacks and Padres are playing well. They might have the same model as that team but they will likely have to get very hot this last third of the season
Oh for sure, I don't expect them to get there this year (they do have one of, if not the easiest remaining schedules...)

I was just noting the parallels, the Giants will likely never be the team with the big hitters scaring the other teams (Bonds was once in a lifetime, and they had guys like Kent with him too). The 2010-2014 model was always pitching-led. This team is starting to round into form with a similar model to the 2010 team. I'm pretty excited for 2025 especially if they can sign Snell, maybe one reason he didn't get dealt was a feeling he was receptive to that. Then they have 3 aces and 2 emerging studs as one of the best rotations in the game, good relievers, and some emerging young hitters too.

If the team they have now had been the opening day team with everyone healthy they probably have 5 more wins and are right there as a wild card.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to play the role of fluke trash Cody Ross and who is going to throw at his bat now that Roy Halladay is dead?
We used to reverse his name and call him Ssory Doc...he was a pretty random key to that title LOL

Hey tell Ryan Howard to get the bat off his shoulder next time...