• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Up If Your Team Has a Higher SoS Than Ohio State

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You. Are. An. Uninformed. Idiot.

Economy of Columbus, Ohio
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
40px-Edit-clear.svg.png

This article's lead section contains information that is not included elsewhere in the article. If the information is appropriate for the lead of the article, this information should also be included in the body of the article. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Columbus, Ohio has a generally strong and diverse economy based on education, insurance, banking, fashion, defense, aviation, food, logistics, steel, energy, medical research, health care, hospitality, retail, and technology. Overall, it was ranked as one of the top 10 best big cities in the country in 2010, according to Relocate America, a real estate research firm.[1]

Forbes in 2016 ranked Columbus the No. 7 best city for young professionals.[2] In 2018 Business.com rated Columbus one of the Top Five best cities for entrepreneurs and startups.[3] Ohio is ranked No. 5 in the nation for headquarters of Fortune 500 companies, with Columbus home to the most in the state.[4]

In 2015 Columbus was named by the Intelligent Community Forum as one of the seven top Smart Cities in the world.[5]

In 2016 the Columbus metropolitan area's GDP was $130.8 billion,[6] ranking it 29th largest in the U.S. and second largest in Ohio, ahead of Cleveland and just behind Cincinnati.[7]

During the recession beginning in late 2007, Columbus's economy was not impacted as much as the rest of the country, due to decades of diversification work by long-time corporate residents, business leaders, and political leaders. The former administration of mayor Michael B. Coleman had continued this work, although the city faced financial turmoil and had to increase taxes, due in part to alleged fiscal mismanagement.[8][9] As Columbus is the state capital, there is a large government presence in the city. Including city, county, state, and federal employers, government jobs provide the largest single source of employment within Columbus.

Prominent employers in the Columbus area include numerous schools (e.g., The Ohio State University) and hospitals, hi-tech research and development and information/library companies such as Battelle Memorial Institute, OCLC, and Chemical Abstracts, and retail clothing and restaurant companies (such as Limited Brands and Wendy`s). Other large employers include Alliance Data, Nationwide Insurance, JP Morgan Chase, American Electric Power, Huntington Bancshares, Worthington Industries and Cardinal Health, not to mention both state and local government.
I stopped at "Columbus is just behind Cincinnati..."

Will not be moving in this lifetime. But, thanks anyway! It was really interesting. :thumb:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee ignored @HammerDown rational and unbiased post and ranked OSU number 1 again. What the hell were they thinking?
Ohio State fans in one breath: "the committee is FUBAR"
Ohio State fans in the next breath: "yay, we're #1!"

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really put northwestern on that list? Sparty? Illinois came back on sparty in sparty. :L. Illinois also beat Wiscy. I can drop the microphone right there. And That’s some serious OSU homer right there — which is expected from you. I figured you’d get all defensive. Those teams all playing other big 10 schools. :wank:

Look... it’s not hard to see who’s dominating the Big10. Joy.

who’s been dominating the playoff? How has OSU done lately? Clemson destroyed you. Teams from the Deep South are dominating the playoff. OSU is good but they’re not playing Auburn, Bama type defenses nor athletes. Not even close bud.

Keep Drankin the kool aid

Wisconsin and Penn State both have more players currently in the NFL than Auburn. Michigan has two fewer.

There was a point in time roughly eight years ago when SEC coaching and recruiting was significantly outpacing the BIG but Saban ironically caused that difference to narrow due to forcing other schools chasing their Saban.

Alabama is still on another level generally (and Clemson is approaching that) but outside of that nothing objectively supports what you're saying

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin and Penn State both have more players currently in the NFL than Auburn. Michigan has two fewer.

There was a point in time roughly eight years ago when SEC coaching and recruiting was significantly outpacing the BIG but Saban ironically caused that difference to narrow due to forcing other schools chasing their Saban.

Alabama is still on another level generally (and Clemson is approaching that) but outside of that nothing objectively supports what you're saying

On defense? Lmao You want to make a bet on who gets more players drafted this year on defense? Auburn vs Wiscy and Penn St combined?

Also there’s this little fact that the deep South has all the ships but 1 Since 2006.

And the fact that Wisconsin is the 6th rated Defense in the land?? Who lost to Illinois? That tells me a lot right there. Sparty is top 40? Also lost to Illinois.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On defense? Lmao You want to make a bet on who gets more players drafted this year on defense? Auburn vs Wiscy and Penn St combined?

Also there’s this little fact that the deep South has all the ships but 1 Since 2006.

And the fact that Wisconsin is the 6th rated Defense in the land?? Who lost to Illinois? That tells me a lot right there. Sparty is top 40? Also lost to Illinois.

Barn has a solid D this year sure. With a true frosh QB.

So looking over NFL players on D

Barn has 17
PSU 18
Wisky 14
MSU 13
Michigan 17

Again those are objective facts. Not sure what championships played 13 years ago has to do with today or what happened when OSU faced Clemson three years ago. Is that result any more pertinent than the Bama game to this season?

This notion the BIG doesn't develop defensive players is false.

Now if we want to talk the difference on the Vols, Miss State etc as to Maryland and Rutgers then yes at the bottom the BIG has issues.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barn has a solid D this year sure. With a true frosh QB.

So looking over NFL players on D

Barn has 17
PSU 18
Wisky 14
MSU 13
Michigan 17

Again those are objective facts. Not sure what championships played 13 years ago has to do with today or what happened when OSU face Clemson three years ago. Is that result any more pertinent than the Bama game to this season?

Lol last years draft — 1st round has 10 Deep South players on D and I didn’t count Kentucky or Texas as Deep South. the big 10 has 6 total on offense or defense.. the Big 10 doesn’t have the elite athletes the south does. Just look at all the nattys — that also will tell you something. Or do those facts not matter? Lol

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State fans in one breath: "the committee is FUBAR"
Ohio State fans in the next breath: "yay, we're #1!"

Lol last years draft — 1st round has 10 Deep South players on D and I didn’t count Kentucky or Texas as Deep South. the big 10 has 6 total on offense or defense.. the Big 10 doesn’t have the elite athletes the south does. Just look at all the nattys — that also will tell you something. Or do those facts not matter? Lol

What we have here is some kind of mental syndrome. I haven't fully diagnosed the problem with surrealism at OSU, but I'm working on it:

https://sportshoop.la/threads/ohio-...y-butthurt-never-ending.295119/#post-14159866

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well yea when you're combining two conferences against one lol

Who's this "deep south conference"?

One team plays one team. The point I'm saying is the Michigan's, and Penn states of the world have been churning out just as many draft picks as any team sans Alabama and eventually Clemson as the numbers add up.

Just as Ohio State is currently on their own plane as to sending NFL talent to the NFL right now in the Midwest.

Michigan had four top 80 picks last year on D. Penn State has been sending solid NFL caliber talent out for over half a decade now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yea when you're combining two conferences against one lol

Who's this "deep south conference"?

One team plays one team. The point I'm saying is the Michigan's, and Penn states of the world have been churning out just as many draft picks as any team sans Alabama and eventually Clemson as the numbers add up.

Just as Ohio State is currently on their own plane as to sending NFL talent to the NFL right now in the Midwest.

Michigan had four top 80 picks last year on D. Penn State has been sending solid NFL caliber talent out for over half a decade now.

Not combining anything I’m looking at consistency. The Deep South has been dominating in college football. OSU has consistently been dominating the Big10, Michigan has consistently had good defenses. Those are all facts. Tough to deal with by many in here I get it. But who’s been taking home the trophy?

I apologize to everyone that the Deep South has been winning all the ships but 1 since 2006. Why is that?

Geez

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UGA lost to South Carolina and they have a great defense. I really don't see your point. You just keep going in circles. Bc a team doesn't win all the games it's supposed to they don't have a great defense? That really makes zero sense. Wisconsin not only produces a lot of NFL lineman but defensive players too.

Current NFL players from each college

Alabama 56
Ohio State 45
Florida 35
Miami (Fla.) 34
LSU 32
Florida State 32
Oklahoma 31
Georgia 29
Penn State 28
Texas A&M 28
Clemson 27
Wisconsin 26
Auburn 26
Stanford 25
Notre Dame 25
Washington 25
Tennessee 24
Michigan 24
Iowa 24
South Carolina 24
UCLA 23
Texas 22
Southern California 20
Nebraska 20

Alabama has ALWAYS been up there. I'm not sure you say the B1G doesn't produce NFL players and defensive players. the SEC has been in a class of their own for awhile but Ohio St is always at the top and a lot of B1G schools still produce a ton of NFL talent. really the B1G and SEC are usually always the two top conferences now.

8 SEC schools
6 B1G schools

4 PAC schools
3 ACC schools
2 Big 12 schools

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not combining anything I’m looking at consistency. The Deep South has been dominating in college football. OSU has consistently been dominating the Big10, Michigan has consistently had good defenses. Those are all facts. Tough to deal with by many in here I get it. But who’s been taking home the trophy?

I apologize to everyone that the Deep South has been winning all the ships but 1 since 2006. Why is that?

Geez

You go from saying Ohio St has played no good defense, which is entirely false to saying the obvious that the SEC has been dominant over awhile now, which everyone knows. Make up your mind...you were wrong with your very first point and now trying to make up for it lolzzz just stop

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA lost to South Carolina and they have a great defense. I really don't see your point. You just keep going in circles. Bc a team doesn't win all the games it's supposed to they don't have a great defense? That really makes zero sense. Wisconsin not only produces a lot of NFL lineman but defensive players too.

Current NFL players from each college

Alabama 56
Ohio State 45
Florida 35
Miami (Fla.) 34
LSU 32
Florida State 32
Oklahoma 31
Georgia 29
Penn State 28
Texas A&M 28
Clemson 27
Wisconsin 26
Auburn 26
Stanford 25
Notre Dame 25
Washington 25
Tennessee 24
Michigan 24
Iowa 24
South Carolina 24
UCLA 23
Texas 22
Southern California 20
Nebraska 20

Alabama has ALWAYS been up there. I'm not sure you say the B1G doesn't produce NFL players and defensive players. the SEC has been in a class of their own for awhile but Ohio St is always at the top and a lot of B1G schools still produce a ton of NFL talent. really the B1G and SEC are usually always the two top conferences now.

8 SEC schools
6 B1G schools

4 PAC schools
3 ACC schools
2 Big 12 schools

No I’ve been saying the same shit for about 24 hours you just get your panties whadded.

And I Never said UGA had a good defense. Look it’s simple, OSU is really good — said that many times. Lol. But we don’t know how good. And that’s fair. No need to get all butthurt. Over the years the Big 10 just hasn’t produced anyone but OSU. Where the SEC has produced a variety of actual champions. Consistently since 2006. Sure you have Clemson now in a bad ACC. FSU back 5+ years ago.

when I look at college football over the years I look at consistency.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go from saying Ohio St has played no good defense, which is entirely false to saying the obvious that the SEC has been dominant over awhile now, which everyone knows. Make up your mind...you were wrong with your very first point and now trying to make up for it lolzzz just stop

OSU has not played a good defense. :L
Yes that’s been said. If you could cut down on the 180s you might be able to understand ??

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This here sums up this entire thread in terms of SJ76's contributions.

My point exactly look at your contribution here. But where’s the you’re dumb and FSU sucks? I’m disappointed

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a few times a year you go full blown homer. I Never said the ACC was good. That’s you deflecting as usual, getting your feelz hurt because someone questions the schedule you’ve played. I said OSU is really good but the Big10 isn’t really full of top tier defenses. Lol. When you tell me the top defenses in the big 10 and Illinois beat some them, sorry it blows up your top defense argument. Nothing personal But Once again you just blow things out of proportion like a woman.

If you think the defense lost that game to Illinois, then you need to stop watching football....seriously.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly look at your contribution here. But where’s the you’re dumb and FSU sucks? I’m disappointed
Everyone already knows FSU sucks, no need to bring it up. I'm just sitting back, watching a fan of a nobody school going in reverse nutswing from other successful teams. Now that is an inferiority complex.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone already knows FSU sucks, no need to bring it up. I'm just sitting back, watching a fan of a nobody school going in reverse nutswing from other successful teams. Now that is an inferiority complex.

So you understand what facts are then... not so much? I’ll try it with a question for you since this is difficult.

why has the Deep South dominated college football since 2006? SEC having multiple champions?

why has OSU dominated the Big 10 for about the same period of time?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the defense lost that game to Illinois, then you need to stop watching football....seriously.

Turnovers lost you the game. But still.. you lost to Illinois. That’s not good