• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-season News Thead

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Hosley is not sounding quite so committed to leaving early any more. I think he sees what one more spectacular season could do for his draft stock and I think he has formed some bonds with some of the guys on the team right now. I think we are deep at CB, yet young, but I would certainly not have any problem with Hosley coming back. I think most of his problems this year were injury related.

I would definitely welcome him back. He looked very talented a few years ago and I'm confident that it was injuries that led to his average season. For his sake, though, I hope he stays another year. I don't know why you would go to the NFL early if you're not going to be a 1st or 2nd round guy (which I don't think he will be).

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did all this talk about him staying come from? Thought he checked out months ago.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would benefit from a good senior season. VT would benefit as well

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley's stock has slid a couple spots from what I have seen on some draft boards. He is right now projected anywhere between the 5th-8th by the ones I look at, putting him in the second to third round. Depending on how he might combine, could of course change his stock one way or another (probably would not better him by much IMO). I think he will still declare but if he doesn't combine great could definitely see him dropping to the third.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hosley's stock has slid a couple spots from what I have seen on some draft boards. He is right now projected anywhere between the 5th-8th by the ones I look at, putting him in the second to third round. Depending on how he might combine, could of course change his stock one way or another (probably would not better him by much IMO). I think he will still declare but if he doesn't combine great could definitely see him dropping to the third.

IMO both he and Wilson are gone (hope im wrong). Hosley may be a little slower than advertised but other than that i think they both will test well @ the combine. With that said, i look for both of them to be 3rd rounders. DW has really only had one season, he has put the ball on the ground a few times, and even with all the physical attributes his vision holds him back. Hosley has a great soph film to lean on but he honestly didnt live up to that even before the injury this year. Both could benefit from a senior year but its doubtful that either will.

* BTW when i say they could "benefit from a senior season" Im not trying to say that i dont think they are NFL ready because i think they will both contribute early in their NFL careers. What i am saying is that they could both boost their draft status ($$$) and refine their games by coming back another year.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IF Hosley comes back you get to give Jarrett some snaps as the premier nickel guy possibly. Unless he can't beat out Bonner which is only good news for us if that's the case. This probably would mean Manning would redshirt, which wouldn't be too bad if that's what it comes down to. I know Manning probably wants to play right away, but if it happens it happens.

The only negative is you could end up losing Hosley and Fuller in the same offseason. That makes things a little bit harder on TG.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No huge surprises here, but per multiple sources on twitter, including TheKeyPlay and BeamerBall, four current players will not return to the team next season:

JuJu Clayton
Courtney Prince
Isaiah Hamlette
Dwight Tucker

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No huge surprises here, but per multiple sources on twitter, including TheKeyPlay and BeamerBall, four current players will not return to the team next season:

JuJu Clayton
Courtney Prince
Isaiah Hamlette
Dwight Tucker

all were non-contributers for the most part. this is good news with regards to available schollies.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other interesting news, David Wilson has requested that Coach Beamer(s) be there for his press conference tomorrow.

Not sure what to make of this.....

It would kind of be a dick move to say "Thanks for the years Coach, but I'm taking my talents to South Be...er, the NFL." I've never gotten the impression that DW is a dick.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold that thought...

andy bitter's twitter...

Beamer's site says VT expects to have an 11-man senior class next year. David Wilson not included in that group

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit.....

Will Stewart @WillStewartTSL 1m Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open

WDBJ-7's Travis Wells just reported he has been told that David Wilson will announce he's going pro at his 11 AM press conference Friday.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this puts a huge dent in our chances next year. our defense will be elite, losing only whitley (who ive never rated very highly) and hosely, but our offense will only keep LT3, davis, coles, miller, and becton as major contributors from this season. i dont think gregory is any good tbh, so we will really be relying on true frosh coleman and michael holmes...maybe we will pass the ball more this season.