• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-season News Thead

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some rumblings throughout the USCe boards that Bud Foster is interested in the DC job there and Spurrier is pressing him hard. IOf he didn't leave for UF, UGA or FSU, I doubt he would leave for them but I figured that I would pass this along.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Bud leaving for another DC job. He does make half of what some coordinators make elsewhere and I think we may need to give him a big raise but I think he is happy here. He has his restaurant in BBurg. Cmon now.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
some +'s:

-Bud has serious ties to this area.
-the possibility (although not as high as once believed) to be our HC one day.
-The $800,000 he is expecting to get in a couple years.
-The fact that this would basically be a lateral move.

Some negatives :

-Bud could see this as a stepping stone for an HC gig.
-Im sure there would be a hefty pay day if he decided to go.
-I think either bud or his wife have ties to the state of south carolina
-Maybe Shane being named Ass. HC caused a bit of a rift in our coaching staff.

FWIW im not too worried about foster leaving but these days who knows?

BTW Foster is going to be on TTL tonight. its on now.
The New River Valley's Rock Station - The Bear <---click the listen live link.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Foster were to leave, you would think that Wiles would go with him. Gray would likely move to DC and CB would coach all DL. We would bring in a new LB coach and have another open slot....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF Foster were to leave, you would think that Wiles would go with him. Gray would likely move to DC and CB would coach all DL. We would bring in a new LB coach and have another open slot....

this is basically FACT.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
...unless we offered him the DC spot...

True.

actually im not sure if Wiles leaves to become DL somewhere else. I've gotten so used to talking about BF as a HC that i was thinking Wiles as a DC :L.

I really dont know how i would feel about Wiles as our DC. TG>CW imo.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FTR i think we should do whatever it takes to keep TG around a long long time.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Bud leaving for another DC job. He does make half of what some coordinators make elsewhere and I think we may need to give him a big raise but I think he is happy here. He has his restaurant in BBurg. Cmon now.

Hate to break it to you, but Foster's Grill is gone. There is now a Chu-Chos in its place. If I'm not mistaken, all they sell are margaritas. I'm kidding, of course, but I don't think people actually eat there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to break it to you, but Foster's Grill is gone. There is now a Chu-Chos in its place. If I'm not mistaken, all they sell are margaritas. I'm kidding, of course, but I don't think people actually eat there.

I think that building is cursed. I can't recall anything having much success there.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've eaten there and it was pretty good i thought

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've eaten there and it was pretty good i thought

Oh I'm sure it is. I'm just joking because their business strategy is so similar to el Rods: use alcohol and happy hours to lure people in.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh I'm sure it is. I'm just joking because their business strategy is so similar to el Rods: use alcohol and happy hours to lure people in.

Definitely the smart way to go. No one was ever in Foster's. Catered to the wrong clientele. The only reason I'd go to Foster's was because it was right across the street from my apartment, so we'd go for a quick shot before going downtown.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry about Bud leaving for another DC position.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not worried about Foster making a lateral move. I do wonder when and where he will get a shot at a HC gig. It would be a temporary set back for us, but could be in everyone's best interest long term. I would love to see him take a couple seasons to polish his CEO skills before Frank retires.

I also doubt that Shane being named associate head coach means anything WRT Bud Foster or anyone else on staff. IMO, that title is best served by the assistant who is (1) close to the head coach in philosophy and skill set, and (2) without coordinator responsibilities.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Hosley is not sounding quite so committed to leaving early any more. I think he sees what one more spectacular season could do for his draft stock and I think he has formed some bonds with some of the guys on the team right now. I think we are deep at CB, yet young, but I would certainly not have any problem with Hosley coming back. I think most of his problems this year were injury related.