• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Broncos aren't pretty on offense. In fact - there is a case for wide receiver and Oline malpractice. Yet - this team finds ways to stay in the game and has the extra something it needs to win - especially in the 4th quarter. I've seen plenty of seasons of Bronco teams that played like the Steelers did today - only to find a way to lose - this Bronco's team finds ways to win. It is the one thing that connects the Broncos season from beginning to end. I keep expecting the game where everything comes together for this team - and it doesn't happen, but they are winners. Maybe it is my personality, but this is one of my favorite Bronco teams of all time. They have grit.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. And one thing this game last night looked like just about every game all season long. Close, hard fought, not over until it was over. The kind of game a team has to be mentally tough to win over and over again. I've seen it many times this year and even I had my doubts last night. Even though the score was 13-12 the way they played at times, mostly the dropped passes and that zone defense allowing Steelers WRs their own zip code to work with had me thinking this was it. Even after Roby punched the ball out and Ware recovered, that drive got off to a rocky start. It wasn't until DT took in the 2-pt conversion that I began to think, "The Broncos are going to win this thing."

I think we know the Broncos can't expect to be that sloppy next week and still win. But one thing is certain: they can keep it close and always have a chance. I believe last year's Broncos, top tier offense and loaded with potential on defense, would have lost that game last night.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Broncos aren't pretty on offense. In fact - there is a case for wide receiver and Oline malpractice. Yet - this team finds ways to stay in the game and has the extra something it needs to win - especially in the 4th quarter. I've seen plenty of seasons of Bronco teams that played like the Steelers did today - only to find a way to lose - this Bronco's team finds ways to win. It is the one thing that connects the Broncos season from beginning to end. I keep expecting the game where everything comes together for this team - and it doesn't happen, but they are winners. Maybe it is my personality, but this is one of my favorite Bronco teams of all time. They have grit.

I feel the same way. Would certainly be great if the game against NE is when everything comes together.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Or maybe they gut out another close one against the Pats and it all comes together in the Super Bowl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of post-game...

Kubiak really singled out Fowler's play and gave the game ball to McManus.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz loses that game. Manning wins that game because of his head and countering Pittsburgh and forcing them into some bad defenses

Read the post game comments from Tomlin and Harrsion

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz loses that game. Manning wins that game because of his head and countering Pittsburgh and forcing them into some bad defenses

Read the post game comments from Tomlin and Harrsion

Oz and the offense put up more points versus a healthier Steelers team then this one. I don't bye it. Plus teams win and lose games not just QB's. I don't care what Tomlin and Harrison say. Another one brainwashed by ESPN.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz and the offense put up more points versus a healthier Steelers team then this one. I don't bye it. Plus teams win and lose games not just QB's. I don't care what Tomlin and Harrison say. Another one brainwashed by ESPN.

What does ESPN have to do with the their comments?
Don't believe what the head coach and defensive players say I don't care.
Simpleton.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Points eb and flow. Every game has its own dynamic and while 27 on the road seems more impressive than 23 at home, the truth is the difference in a playoff game and regular season game really makes the individual game dynamic that much more real.

Meanwhile if the Broncos win next week by a count of 27-24 will you be less impressed with Manning because Oz led the Broncos to a 30-24 win?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add the wind was nuts .. this was part of the drops .. My guess is that mannings passes were just slightly off and that thew off WR's that are use to being hit in stride

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add the wind was nuts .. this was part of the drops .. My guess is that mannings passes were just slightly off and that thew off WR's that are use to being hit in stride

What about the other team. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't have to guess Crash. Just watching game showed wr drops. If you need a perfect spiral every time to make a catch, you aren't a quality receiver. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers WRs had drops also, as I recall Bryant dropping one and wondering why the heck he was smiling afterwards ..

Dropping a pass is something every WR does, you shake it off and move on .. The problem is when it becomes contagious, or in DTs case this season, a mental / confidence thing ....

Norwood's drop a few weeks ago was a bullet from Oz - I would cut him some slack for that ....

Yes, some of the drops this season have been bad - Vernon Davis comes to mind, as does DT ....

With that said, the Sanders, DT, Fowler, Norwood, Caldwell and Latimer corp is the best the Broncos have ever had ..

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. just went back and looked up the WRs on the last Super Bowl team:

- Flipper Anderson
- David Gamble
- Willie Green
- Patrick Jeffers
- Eddie Mac
- Rod Smith

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning usually uses just enough power to get the ball there ...his Balls were affected some way and bens Seemed to be more catchable ..Something was going on .. just not sure what

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't it a broken up pass or a "defended pass" if the defense breaks it up? A dropped pass is entirely on the intended receiver with the defense having no impact on the catch. In this regard, our receivers this year have been awful. When a corner makes a play that's one thing. It's going to happen in the nfl. But we've had a lot of open receivers all year just inexplicably drop some easy passes. Stuff that NFL caliber receivers should be able to do routinely. I do hope they get that fixed this week. Some weeks have been worse than others, so hopefully we have one of those "on" weeks just two more times.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it a broken up pass or a "defended pass" if the defense breaks it up? A dropped pass is entirely on the intended receiver with the defense having no impact on the catch. In this regard, our receivers this year have been awful. When a corner makes a play that's one thing. It's going to happen in the nfl. But we've had a lot of open receivers all year just inexplicably drop some easy passes. Stuff that NFL caliber receivers should be able to do routinely. I do hope they get that fixed this week. Some weeks have been worse than others, so hopefully we have one of those "on" weeks just two more times.

Boy Howdy! That's what we say in Texas - when we agree in spades.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy Howdy! That's what we say in Texas - when we agree in spades.
And "Bless your heart, dear" is what they say when they're calling someone else an idiot (like the Carolina news was doing to that Seahawks fan complaining about Newton's use of the "12" flag)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And "Bless your heart, dear" is what they say when they're calling someone else an idiot (like the Carolina news was doing to that Seahawks fan complaining about Newton's use of the "12" flag)

Definitely. Imagine that: A Seahawks fan complaining about an opponent not being a gracious winner.