• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bronco's Dline

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dline is my favorite Bronco position group. It is fascinating to me that outside of Agim and Jones - the other guys have been cut multiple times by multiple teams.

Shelby Harris, Mike Purcell, Shamar Stephens and DeShawn Williams must have a unique fraternity. Somehow I think they represent the spirit of this Bronco's team.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive lineman is one of those positions that often needs to develop once they get into the pros. Not to mention there are so many guys that get stuck in the wrong scheme. It's awesome to be able to identify underappreciated Dline talent and find ways to use them to their strengths.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dline is my favorite Bronco position group. It is fascinating to me that outside of Agim and Jones - the other guys have been cut multiple times by multiple teams.

Shelby Harris, Mike Purcell, Shamar Stephens and DeShawn Williams must have a unique fraternity. Somehow I think they represent the spirit of this Bronco's team.
Everyone seems to think Jones is going to be a stud!!!! I hope to see him break through this year.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember.

Everyone thinks, including those on the team from Schlereth to Sharpe, that 1996 team lost to the Jags cause they rested players at the end of the season.

Sorry, but that was false.

If you remember that horrific game, the Broncos started out on fire. Jumped out to a 12-0 lead.

But....

The Broncos DEFENSIVE LINE was very weak. Easily the weakest aspect of the team. Michael Dean Perry was a shell of what he had once been. Dan Williams was horrible. The Jags OL was the best part of that team. Bookend Tackles Searcy and Boselli along with a pro bowl center. They manhandled the Broncos weak DL and with Natrone Means, they were getting 5 yard carries consistently on first down. Forced to go into 8 man box, their wideouts who were very good ate up the depleted secondary.

In the off-season Shanahan drafted Trevor Pryce with the first round pick, signed Neil Smith, Keith Taylor and Maa Tanuvasa. The next year the Broncos faced that OL with a stout DL.

Yes DEFENSIVE LINES are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pissed me off about the Jags game is the horrible pass interference call on Tory James on the interception that he made. We were up 12-0 and would've had the ball inside the Jags 30 yard line. That changed the game as it allowed the Jags to keep running the ball to set-up the pass.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pissed me off about the Jags game is the horrible pass interference call on Tory James on the interception that he made. We were up 12-0 and would've had the ball inside the Jags 30 yard line. That changed the game as it allowed the Jags to keep running the ball to set-up the pass.
one of the worst plays ever

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Broncos were in real trouble when the Jags finally had to punt...after like 4 straight scoring drives, and Michael Dean Perry was walking so slowly off the field that when the punt was hiked, the Broncos were called for 12 men on the field.

It was a 5 yard penalty but it gave the Jags a first down. They scored a TD on the drive.

That's when I knew and few things pissed me off as a fan than when I saw that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fuzzy memories in here. The PI on Tory James occurred when the score was 12-3. And yes, it was BS.

The infamous Michael Dean Perry penalty led to a fg for the Jags, not a touchdown. But considering Denver lost by 3, yes, just as costly.

I still hate the Jags to this day for that game.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fuzzy memories in here. The PI on Tory James occurred when the score was 12-3. And yes, it was BS.

The infamous Michael Dean Perry penalty led to a fg for the Jags, not a touchdown. But considering Denver lost by 3, yes, just as costly.

I still hate the Jagwads to this day for that game.
FIFY