• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible trouble in Norman....

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like the Bob Stoops to Florida fiasco the second time around.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure any Sooners need to be all that concerned.......you guys are loaded at RB.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure any Sooners need to be all that concerned.......you guys are loaded at RB.

True but this guy is a game changer. #1 rb in the Country. 6-4 220 being touted as the next AD. Stoops had said last week that Mixon has a chance to start over Ford and Ross. It would be a big blow. But Stoops is real high on Perine as well.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that he hasn't been arrested yet tells me they don't have a case. Why wasn't he arrested at the scene? He was intoxicated and the girl was obviously bloody when they arrived... maybe they had no witnesses and the girl couldn't tell a straight story.

I have no idea what happened other than what I've read on the thread, but the guy would have been in handcuffs and on his way to jail if they had anything to go on. He'd be in jail now if they had anything.

If Joe has issues he needs to go, but lets see what happens before we convict the kid.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means she hit him first.

So what? You should never hit a woman. You think he was afraid for his life? Give me a break. You NEVER hit a woman. You can call her anything you want; but no hitting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? You should never hit a woman. You think he was afraid for his life? Give me a break. You NEVER hit a woman. You can call her anything you want; but no hitting.

Lets not get into this BS again.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would never hit a lady. If she hit him, then she's not a lady.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not get into this BS again.

BS? It isn't BS. Men shouldn't hit a woman unless she's trying to kill you, stab you, throw acid in your face, etc. It just isn't right. Men complain about the pussification of America and I'm one of them. But we men also have societal responsibilities if we want to be treated like men and not a bunch of wusses. One of those qualities is we don't hit women. If Mixon got pissed off and lost it when he was slapped then he's wrong. I don't know what happened but if it turns out she wasn't doing anything more than calling him names or slapping him then he needs to be gone for busting up her face even if she is a bitch. It will irritate me if we have to lose Mixon. But we don't want men hitting women at OU by a 5* athlete or any other male student.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS? It isn't BS. Men shouldn't hit a woman unless she's trying to kill you, stab you, throw acid in your face, etc. It just isn't right. Men complain about the pussification of America and I'm one of them. But we men also have societal responsibilities if we want to be treated like men and not a bunch of wusses. One of those qualities is we don't hit women. If Mixon got pissed off and lost it when he was slapped then he's wrong. I don't know what happened but if it turns out she wasn't doing anything more than calling him names or slapping him then he needs to be gone for busting up her face even if she is a bitch. It will irritate me if we have to lose Mixon. But we don't want men hitting women at OU by a 5* athlete or any other male student.

Like I said, not getting into this shit storm again. It's already been covered in the TT thread.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you aren't supposed to hit anyone. If it is justified or not depends on how the person hit you etc.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but this guy is a game changer. #1 rb in the Country. 6-4 220 being touted as the next AD. Stoops had said last week that Mixon has a chance to start over Ford and Ross. It would be a big blow. But Stoops is real high on Perine as well.

I've heard this before. Remember Darrell Scott?

Trust me, if you lose him, you aren't losing anything of consequence. RBs come and go, there will be another "game changer" in next year's class too.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about losing him personally...but I do worry about the Cali pipeline.

Evident some of these kids haven't fully released from momma's teat. Wet behind the ears en sech.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mixon probably would have ended up transferring anyway. Keith Ford is going to be the best back in the conference IMO and one of the top nationally so mixon would have rarely seen the field.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, wtf is going on with these athletes lately? They think they are above the law and are god's gifts. Actually, I can tell you why they are this way; I blame it on ESPN. They no longer just sign a scholarship anymore, it has to be blown out of proportion by ESPN. These spoiled athletes have about 3-4 hats in front of them and make a spectacle about what school they are going to play at. This is where it starts, IMO......

I agree. I'm sure I'm not the only one who caught this: not only are they doing the "3 hat thing" but now some of them are starting to say "I'm taking my talent to......":gaah:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon probably would have ended up transferring anyway. Keith Ford is going to be the best back in the conference IMO and one of the top nationally so mixon would have rarely seen the field.

Stoops has hinted more than once Mixon might find himself at the top of the depth chart. That's how impressed they've been with him.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no direct quote there from Norman PD and obviously they don't have a warrant or they wouldn't have needed permission to search his dorm. Bunch of "unnamed sources" delivering the news. :rollseyes:
Only a matter of time before he is arrested.