• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible trouble in Norman....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the off season was for us was so nice and quiet.

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662660

Joe Mixon, University of Oklahoma running back and former Rivals.com five-star recruit, was involved in a serious altercation early this morning that led to the summoning of the Norman Police department, a source from within the Norman Police Department told SoonerScoop.com.

Norman police responded to an incident at Pickleman's Gourmet Café in Norman at 2:39 a.m. on Friday. A spokesman for Pickleman's gave no comment on the situation.

A synopsis of the report suggests aggravated assault and battery.
​ ​
Sources indicated Mixon was not arrested at the scene as officers wanted to study security footage of the incident before filing any charges. Police did receive footage of the incident today.

The incident report obtained by SoonerScoop contains limited information, as one or more juveniles is involved. A spokesman for OU is aware of the incident and issued the following statement:

"We are aware of the matter and it is under internal review."

Norman Police told SoonerScoop.com a public information officer was not available to comment on the details of the incident.

Mixon was capping off a night of celebration as Thursday was his 18th birthday.

Carey Murdock also contributed to this report

- See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662660#sthash.fpVRHY1F.dpuf

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inb4 suspended for directional St game.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno, but there are a lot of stories/rumors flying around right now, so who knows what happened for sure.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:is wrong with people.

yeah, maybe he's all innocent but something tells me he's all fucked up after a big night of partying and just couldn't help running his mouth at some place to eat.

Hope I'm all wrong about that.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:is wrong with people.

yeah, maybe he's all innocent but something tells me he's all fucked up after a big night of partying and just couldn't help running his mouth at some place to eat.

Hope I'm all wrong about that.

one of the stories making the rounds is that the girl started in on him, hit him and used the N word.

supposedly, she has some serious injuries.

you'd think that if it were that serious, he would have been arrested on the spot.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the stories making the rounds is that the girl started in on him, hit him and used the N word.

supposedly, she has some serious injuries.

you'd think that if it were that serious, he would have been arrested on the spot.

it didn't say anything about some girl, where did you get that.
why would some girl just start up on someone for no reason.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from landthieves. like I said, there are different stories making the rounds and nobody really knows what happened, at this point.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, that's too bad. Hope everything works out for y'all. Mixon wasmon Oregon's final list so I watched some of his camp and HS stuff. Hopefully he was just there as a bystander.

Sheesh, a rule to live by kids. Nothing good happens after midnight unless it is where you live.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks, he's a big-time recruit. Just turned 18, hopefully he'll mature and be okay.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh, it's like every time I check LockerPulse there's a new article on a CFB player getting in some shit. :L

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the off season was for us was so nice and quiet.

Norman police responded to an incident at Pickleman's Gourmet Café in Norman at 2:39 a.m. on Friday. A spokesman for Pickleman's gave no comment on the situation.

Just goes to prove there are no good team headlines that involve the 2 a.m. time frame.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU just can't stand it when Texas gets a little publicity. Attention whores

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the season start?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the season start?

Given the police blotter in the state of Texas the last couple months, the PBA asked each college coach to start 2 a days a week early.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma is a bitch. When Sam Bradford got clocked and was out for the year far too many Texas fans were loving it. Then when Colt McCoy got knocked out of the National Championship game it wasn't so damn funny to lose a great QB to an injury. Now the OU fans are getting a kick out of Charlie Strong weeding out the dickheads in Austin. And what happens? Our next potential Heisman running back is possibly caught up in an aggravated assault case. By the way, I don't care if some girl was screaming the N word at Mixon. IF that happened it's still no excuse to hit a woman. And if she didn't say it then it's possible (nothing is for certain yet) somebody slapped the race card on the table to try to justify doing something violent. IF this turns into a legitimate assault case against a woman, Joe Mixon is toast at OU. The administration won't mess around.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so, Joe...

I wonder if he'll be suspended longer than the TT basketball brawler?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gone:

Joe Mixon's Oklahoma career is getting off to an ignominious start.

RJ Young of SoonerScoop.com reported that the 5-star running back was allegedly involved in an altercation early Friday morning at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe in Norman with a female:

Sources indicated Mixon was not arrested at the scene as officers wanted to study security footage of the incident before filing any charges. Police did receive footage of the incident today.

The incident report obtained by SoonerScoop contains limited information, as one or more juveniles is involved. A spokesman for OU is aware of the incident and issued the following statement:

"We are aware of the matter and it is under internal review."

According to Charlie Hannema of News on 6 in Tulsa, Norman police plan to arrest Mixon "as soon as they can find him":

Law enforcement sources tell our sister station @NEWS9 #OU freshman RB Joe Mixon will be arrested "as soon as they can find him."
— Charlie Hannema (@CharlieHannema) July 25, 2014

Norman PD released a statement via Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World:

Norman PD issues release. Incident actively investigated. Due to nature & stage of investigation, identity of suspect(s) not being released.
— Eric Bailey (@EricBaileyTW) July 26, 2014

Kevin Finlay, Mixon's attorney, spoke with The Oklahoman about his client's status.

"We are cooperating, fully, with the police on this," said Finlay. "Joe is definitely looking forward to the truth coming out … that’s about all I can say at this time."

He also clarified that Mixon isn't actively avoiding the police but is instead working with the authorities in Norman, via Martina Del Bonta of Fox 23 in Tulsa:

I just spoke with Joe Mixon's lawyer who confirmed Mixon is not on the run. They've been working with Norman PD.
— Martina Del Bonta (@MartinaFOX23) July 26, 2014

Andrew Knittle of The Oklahoman spoke with the alleged victim:

Woman attacked by @Joe_MainMixon says she fears OU fans' reaction, though she hopes Joe Mixon "goes to prison for years for what he did."
— Andrew Knittle (@AndrewKnittle) July 26, 2014

The Oklahoman gained access to the police report, which stated that the female victim had "apparent broken bones."

"A female was hit in the face by a male subject—(the subject) is gone—she is in the bathroom," the report added. "She is (conscious) and she is intoxicated …. She is bleeding from the mouth … no difficulty breathing."

Mixon was a highly regarded recruit coming out of Freedom High School in Oakley, California. According to 247Sports' composite ranking, he was the fourth-best all-purpose back in the class of 2014 and 21st-ranked player overall.

His arrival at Oklahoma was met with plenty of promise and major expectations from Sooners fans. However, since Mixon has stepped foot on campus, things haven't gone according to plan.

ESPN.com's Travis Haney reported that he was finding life in Norman difficult, though:

Was told this week that Joe Mixon had not acclimated well since arriving at OU. Already had to be convinced to stay. And now this.
— Travis Haney (@TravHaneyESPN) July 25, 2014

Mixon tried to leave OU "after a week," the coach told me earlier in the week. "He's a flaky kid. I bet he doesn't last the year."
— Travis Haney (@TravHaneyESPN) July 25, 2014

Since this is a developing situation, it would be unfair to jump to any major conclusions until all of the information regarding the incident comes to light.

At the very least, the Sooners football program has a major mess on its hands.