• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Giants-Bills proposed trade?

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants receive: Picks 21, 22 (1st round), 53 (2nd round), and LT Cordy Glenn
Bills receive: Pick No. 2 overall

Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting and The Sporting News believes the Buffalo Bills have been aggressively scouting UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen for quite some time and they love what they see. Rosen is widely viewed as one of the top two quarterback prospects in this draft class. In order for the Bills to acquire Rosen, they will have to trade up in the 2018 NFL Draft to either the No. 1 or No. 2 in the draft. The Cleveland Browns hold the No. 1 pick and a report leaked that their current general manager John Dorsey is not interested in drafting Rosen, although he has since denied the report. Most expect the Browns to select USC quarterback Sam Darnold. Galko believes it makes the most sense for the Bills to target the Giants' No. 2 overall pick in a trade because Bills management has ties to Giants general manager Dave Gettleman.

“They have aggressively scouting quarterbacks all year long. I think Josh Rosen is the apple of their eye. It’ll be hard to go up and get him, but I think the tie between Buffalo and Giants GM David Gettleman kind of paints a picture of where they both might be thinking to go,”Galko told WGR 500, via GiantsWire.

“The Bills have been stock piling assets. One reason to do that is to make a move to get a quarterback. Whether it’s moving up in draft, trading to get a guy like Nick Foles, or to just take multiple quarterbacks in this draft. They knew that we’re a playoff team, to get to that next step we need a franchise quarterback, and they don’t believe Tyrod Taylor or Nathan Peterman are those guys.”

The Bills hold the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks in this draft. According to the NFL's classic trade value chart, both of those picks would not be enough to move up to the No. 2 overall pick. Per the chart, the Giants' pick holds a value of "2,600" while the Bills' two picks hold values of "800 and "700." In order for the Bills to move up to the No. 2 pick, they would have to sweeten the deal with their second-round pick (No. 53 overall with a "370" value) and likely more than that.

If the Bills are dead set on trading up for Rosen, they could also throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Giants would likely be interested in Glenn because when healthy he is one of the NFL's best left tackles and because he has a team-friendly contract if traded to New York after March 18th. His base salary in 2018 would be just $9.25 million for the Giants.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems legit. Bills have multiple firsts to throw down. Galko is a decent source on this type of thing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... That is a lot of ammo, but such is life in the NFL if you want a franchise QB. This would tell us what NYG think of Rosen if they accept. Both teams need a franchise QB, and the Giants would be foolish if they think they could squeeze a few more years out of Manning.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure trading away your starting LT to help get a QB is a wise decision. Maybe the Bills make it #21, #22, and next year's 1st?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, if we didnt need a QB, id be on board

You only get the #2 once

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Rosen...or Darnold for that matter. Both may turn out just fine, but taking any QB that early just scares the shit out of me. For some reason, taking any other position just feels better. So, that being the case from my point of view, I wouldn't mind seeing this deal done if Glenn is good to go.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Rosen...or Darnold for that matter. Both may turn out just fine, but taking any QB that early just scares the shit out of me. For some reason, taking any other position just feels better. So, that being the case from my point of view, I wouldn't mind seeing this deal done if Glenn is good to go.

Problem is outside of the Lucks and Peyton Mannings of the world, there is always some skepticism with the top QB's.....I dont think many people loved Goff or Wentz either, very rarely are there no brainer top QB's

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure trading away your starting LT to help get a QB is a wise decision. Maybe the Bills make it #21, #22, and next year's 1st?
The points may work out but NO way do I give up three first round picks to take a chance on Rosen.

If I did anyone involved in the decision from Buffalo would be on my hot seat.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB class isn’t great. I think Rosen will be good ( but not great) and I think Mayfield has a chance, but after that it gets murky. Lamar Jackson is an intriguing wild card, but there are real and sincere questions about him even if I like him, personally.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is outside of the Lucks and Peyton Mannings of the world, there is always some skepticism with the top QB's.....I dont think many people loved Goff or Wentz either, very rarely are there no brainer top QB's

I loved Wentz, was OK with the Rams taking Goff (but wanted Wentz).

Rosen is the clear NFL-ready QB in this draft IMO. Darnold will need some time. Questions abound about the rest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The points may work out but NO way do I give up three first round picks to take a chance on Rosen.

It likely doesn't move the needle anyway, since at best that future first would be valued as a 2nd rounder for trades this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if Rosen wasnt great

I was saying last year before the draft the Browns should surrender the #1 pick for Jimmy G, people thought i was crazy...Wont seem so crazy when JG is playing in his 5th Pro Bowl around the same time the Browns are on their 34 starting QB in the same span

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the Bills are trying to do this. It probably sets them back 1 year but if they get Rosen then...yeah, worth it.

I think if the Giants do this then they should go after Bridgewater. Or Kaepernick.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was saying last year before the draft the Browns should surrender the #1 pick for Jimmy G, people thought i was crazy...Wont seem so crazy when JG is playing in his 5th Pro Bowl around the same time the Browns are on their 34 starting QB in the same span
Would it only be 34 at that time? Damn, I'm harsh. Sorry, Browns fans...you deserve better.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the Bills are trying to do this. It probably sets them back 1 year but if they get Rosen then...yeah, worth it.

I think if the Giants do this then they should go after Bridgewater. Or Kaepernick.

tenor.gif

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious-In-Airplane-Gif.gif

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly interested how much Bridgewater would/will get in FA. He had some pretty solid performance in Minnesota despite some bad surrounding casts and a RB who was a non-receiving threat.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way to know how great Rosen could/will be. It's a big roll of the dice. Buffalo made the playoffs. They have bigger holes then just at QB. At least with JG there was a small sample size.
If it's a QB they want, look at FA and or trades. Saving at least one or two of those top picks to fill holes. I can't give up that many first round picks on a hope Rosen is going to be a franchise QB.