• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wish there was a way to "break-down" my weapons, though. Not having that option just creates a shit-ton of busy work, and the lack of the ability does not make sense in a "real-world" explanation sense. This is definitely a needed mod/patch.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wish there was a way to "break-down" my weapons, though. Not having that option just creates a shit-ton of busy work, and the lack of the ability does not make sense in a "real-world" explanation sense. This is definitely a needed mod/patch.
you can break down any weapon that isn't starred, i think

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can break down any weapon that isn't starred, i think
Yes, but you have to "build" the lessor component.

What I am suggesting is that you can break it down to just a pile of components, including a bare chassis.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you have to "build" the lessor component.

What I am suggesting is that you can break it down to just a pile of components, including a bare chassis.
i'm confused.

i have the perk that allows breaking down weapons into stuff like crystal, copper, springs, nuclear materials, etc, and i use it a lot. i collect any weapon that can break down into good stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm confused.

i have the perk that allows breaking down weapons into stuff like crystal, copper, springs, nuclear materials, etc, and i use it a lot. i collect any weapon that can break down into good stuff.
I am not referring to breaking it into materials. I am talking about breaking it down to a bare chassis, a sight mod, a barrel mod, a stock mod, etc.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not referring to breaking it into materials. I am talking about breaking it down to a bare chassis, a sight mod, a barrel mod, a stock mod, etc.
okay, i get it now

you're talking about the ability to craft weapons from broken down materials, right? i agree, that would be a nice addition to the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got this as a Xmas present... Never played the prior games before so I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into.

Anyone care to recap or give recommendations?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got this as a Xmas present... Never played the prior games before so I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into.

Say good bye to your loved ones.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i had never played the previous games, either, but it's pretty straight forward.

have you played skyrim? it's very much like skyrim as far as most game play goes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as game play goes, plan on multiple play throughs. There are choices that will need to be made that will close off certain paths (choosing between the Minute Men and the Brotherhood, for example).

Prioritize your intent and focus on that. Then, in a future play through, prioritize something different.

As far as character creation, study the perk chart first and determine what perks you want early and make sure your initial SPECIAL set allows you to get those early. You will eventually want to use your perk points on SPECIAL, but that is for later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had never played the previous games, either, but it's pretty straight forward.

have you played skyrim? it's very much like skyrim as far as most game play goes.
Never played skyrim either... I'm more of a 1st person shooter type gamer. COD, Halo, etc. I also play Assassin's Creed. But that's the extent of my gaming.

Been wanting to branch out though. I don't have the time to play competitively online anymore like I used to. So I'm starting to get into games that are more campaign (Stop & Go) oriented.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as game play goes, plan on multiple play throughs. There are choices that will need to be made that will close off certain paths (choosing between the Minute Men and the Brotherhood, for example).

Prioritize your intent and focus on that. Then, in a future play through, prioritize something different.

As far as character creation, study the perk chart first and determine what perks you want early and make sure your initial SPECIAL set allows you to get those early. You will eventually want to use your perk points on SPECIAL, but that is for later.
What paths, perks, specials, etc. would you recommend for first timers? As in, first starting out in the game? What makes life easiest?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want the strong back (forget what it is called specifically - something like Strength 5 or 6). Max that out as much as you can.

Don't worry about vendor prices. You won't be able to sell your stuff fast enough anyway. I didn't even sell my first item until about level 20-something. But charisma is still important. You will probably want to link your settlements together, so I think that requires a char of 6.

Idiot Savant is your friend. That should be your priority #1.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never played skyrim either... I'm more of a 1st person shooter type gamer. COD, Halo, etc. I also play Assassin's Creed. But that's the extent of my gaming.

Been wanting to branch out though. I don't have the time to play competitively online anymore like I used to. So I'm starting to get into games that are more campaign (Stop & Go) oriented.
be aware that shooting on fallout 4 isn't like in a FPS. shot registration gets a little better when you can add weapon perks, but it's never as accurate/magnetic as in games like COD or Halo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be aware that shooting on fallout 4 isn't like in a FPS. shot registration gets a little better when you can add weapon perks, but it's never as accurate/magnetic as in games like COD or Halo.
I'm assuming you mean the magnetic/auto-aim in the campaigns. I rarely ever played the campaigns in those games. I was more of the online matchmaking type FPS gamer.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you mean the magnetic/auto-aim in the campaigns. I rarely ever played the campaigns in those games. I was more of the online matchmaking type FPS gamer.
There's a pretty high degree of auto aim in matchmaking for both games as well. The same is true of recoil reduction compared to non-FPS games that happen to have guns like Fallout 4.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's similar in that you explore the wasteland while you build up your character and kill lots of creatures but it's not a pure shooting game. There's a good bit of talking to other characters and doing quests as you build up your experience. There's a lot of freedom in choosing what you want to do and explore although you are pushed into certain directions. You can definitively go at your own pace.