• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I set the beacon at the movie theater as required by the quest, and it has been growing slow but steady. It really doesnt have the resources to grow too fast, though, so that is probably why it hasnt blown up. I would assume the robot farm would blow up, with all the free food there.

Yeah, you need one food, water, and bed for every settler. I put in a few pumps, a bunch of whatever food I have handy, and as many sleeping bags (lowest requirements) as I can cram in, and go off and run a few missions, viola, 10 or more settlers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you exit your power armor in a settlement and leave it there unattended without locking it into a power armor crafting station, one of your settlers can enter the armor and you will never get it back. You either need to reload from a previous save or lose your armor altogether.

This one had me in trouble for a while. I had just spent a huge chunk of my resources upgrading my power armor. I took it off at Finch Farm to upgrade the settlement. While upgrading, father Finch entered my armor. I tried everything I could to get him out of it and nothing worked. I tried fast travelling a couple times to see if it would correct or magically reappear and that didn't work either. By the time I realized I wouldn't get it back, my game had autosaved too many times to go back.

This could be wrong (I read it somewhere), but if you can pickpocket the fusion core, they'll auto-eject from the armour. Could be problematic if you don't have decent sneak though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a fully built armor in the stand at Sanctuary and a stripped down chassis sitting in the street. None of my other settlements have stands yet.

(outside of the gas station... I guess I should put it there...)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the game going SE?

I'm level 39 I think. Sniper/stealth build. Got the Overseer's rifle from vault 88, and the third level of the Ninja Perk, and suddenly the game has gotten too easy. Maybe things will scale up now that I'm going after the Institute, but one-shotting high level Supermutants is a bit anti-climactic.

Enjoying it immensely, I started over once because of I didn't like the way my character was now I'm good at level 29. Looking forward to level 30, so I an get the fast travel while over encumbered perk. Been working with the railroad missions lately. Teamed up with companion Strong, right now, he defiantly can carry a lot more than regular people.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be wrong (I read it somewhere), but if you can pickpocket the fusion core, they'll auto-eject from the armour. Could be problematic if you don't have decent sneak though.

That first time it happened to me at Finch Farm, the armor actually graphically disappeared. The game recognized that he was wearing it, but I couldn't see it. Father Finch's right arm was graphically mutated, making him look like Stretch Armstrong. I couldn't pickpocket him, I couldn't engage in dialog with him... nothing... completely glitched out.

The second time it happened to me I immediately loaded from the previous autosave without messing around. The second time the settler was graphically wearing the power armor and your trick might have worked that time. Having it happen a second time also made me realize this was a reoccurring problem and I have since exited my power armor only when able to immediately dock it in a crafting station.

I've got a complete beastly fully-modded T-60f Lead painted suit and I'll be damned if I lose it again.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying it immensely, I started over once because of I didn't like the way my character was now I'm good at level 29. Looking forward to level 30, so I an get the fast travel while over encumbered perk. Been working with the railroad missions lately. Teamed up with companion Strong, right now, he defiantly can carry a lot more than regular people.

Strong is a beast. My favorite companion (so far at least). Put a modded Super Sledge in his hand and he's a full-blown destroyer.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my guy has a legendary berserker sledgehammer, sometimes I'm busy collecting junk, he's killing folks.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even met Strong yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even met Strong yet.
Me neither. I have avoided reading any writeups of any of the companions I have not met yet.

Granted, I have only met Cogsworth, Dogmeat and the Minuteman dude. I just stick with Dogmeat since he doesnt count as a companion in regards to lone wanderer.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. I have avoided reading any writeups of any of the companions I have not met yet.

Granted, I have only met Cogsworth, Dogmeat and the Minuteman dude. I just stick with Dogmeat since he doesnt count as a companion in regards to lone wanderer.

That is the only good thing about the dog, otherwise he just gets in the way. And a complete waste when fighting tougher guys. The funny thing is you can equip him with dog armor but it doesn't really help his defense.

On the power armor, just don't leave the fusion core in them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I spent all night in Sanctuary going through my gear and playing a bit with my settlements.

A few thoughts...

1) I thought that the inventories of the workstations all got shared with the Local Leader perk. Nope. Just the junk and other craft-able items. That was a disappointment.

2) They really need to change weapons into something similar to the power armor. You have a chassis that you can add components to, and then all the components (mods). It takes way too long to try to take inventory of my mods when I cannot just take the mods off without replacing them. Make it cost a screw or a unit of oil to break a gun down into its component parts. Would be well worth it.

3) They should have a settlement management screen or something. The only way to relocate a settler is put him on supply duty, then bump into him at the other town and take him off of supply duty. That is stupid.

4) When one of your settlements is under attack, add it to your quest log. If you happen to miss the quick pop up, you have no way to know it is actually happening. Further, have a benefit/consequence for saving/failing the settlement.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My defense resistance is 235, thanks to do railroad missions, and crafting of course.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I spent all night in Sanctuary going through my gear and playing a bit with my settlements.

A few thoughts...

1) I thought that the inventories of the workstations all got shared with the Local Leader perk. Nope. Just the junk and other craft-able items. That was a disappointment.

2) They really need to change weapons into something similar to the power armor. You have a chassis that you can add components to, and then all the components (mods). It takes way too long to try to take inventory of my mods when I cannot just take the mods off without replacing them. Make it cost a screw or a unit of oil to break a gun down into its component parts. Would be well worth it.

3) They should have a settlement management screen or something. The only way to relocate a settler is put him on supply duty, then bump into him at the other town and take him off of supply duty. That is stupid.

4) When one of your settlements is under attack, add it to your quest log. If you happen to miss the quick pop up, you have no way to know it is actually happening. Further, have a benefit/consequence for saving/failing the settlement.

Haven't played the game in a week or two but I'm fairly sure there is a way to relocate them. I've done it, although I forget if you have to talk to them or go to the workshop. There definitely is a way to directly relocate them.

When your settlement is under attack it is added to the quest log under Misc.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't played the game in a week or two but I'm fairly sure there is a way to relocate them. I've done it, although I forget if you have to talk to them or go to the workshop. There definitely is a way to directly relocate them.

When your settlement is under attack it is added to the quest log under Misc.
I could not find a way to manage the settlers outside of giving them specific jobs in the town or assigning them to a supply line. I found through a Google search the trick of intercepting them in the target town.

I checked my quests when I first got the pop up, and it wasn't there. I will check again next time I get the warning.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not find a way to manage the settlers outside of giving them specific jobs in the town or assigning them to a supply line. I found through a Google search the trick of intercepting them in the target town.

I checked my quests when I first got the pop up, and it wasn't there. I will check again next time I get the warning.

Are you on a console? I'm on PC and there might be a difference there. I remember just talking to them and choosing to move them to another settlement.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on PC. There is a "move" option, but that just allows you to move them to a different point in the same settlement.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on PC. There is a "move" option, but that just allows you to move them to a different point in the same settlement.

Not for me, when I go to the workshop and press R (Move) on a settler it lets me choose which settlement to send them to. I don't have the Local Leader perk, I don't know why it would but maybe that changes the number of options you have? Maybe you have to navigate more menus because of it. I founded the required settlements but I took down the recruitment towers and sent anyone who arrived there to Sanctuary since I didn't feel like micro managing all those settlements.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me, when I go to the workshop and press R (Move) on a settler it lets me choose which settlement to send them to. I don't have the Local Leader perk, I don't know why it would but maybe that changes the number of options you have? Maybe you have to navigate more menus because of it. I founded the required settlements but I took down the recruitment towers and sent anyone who arrived there to Sanctuary since I didn't feel like micro managing all those settlements.
I tried it tonight, and it worked. I must have been using the "go" function or something instead.