• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno if anyone else has been to the bar along the river to the east of Diamond City, but it didn't kick in for me, until I saw the 2 skeletons sitting on two adjacent stools, one with a Postman's hat (which you can take).

I'm sure there were probably some more obscure Cheers references in there, but I didn't see them.

Heh.
Well, the name of the bar is Prost, which is the German equivalent of Cheers.

And there is a pool room in the back, set up like in the show.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little southwest of Outpost Zimonja is a shack under the freeway, it has boatflies flying around, one was a legendary boatfly and it was carrying a legendary pipe rifle gun, it is my go to gun. With a few upgrades it does 29 damage, uses .38 bullets, 83 fire rate, 203 range, 71 accuracy and weighs 4.4 pounds, and bullets explode on impact doing 15 points area effect damage. I prefer this gun to a mini gun.

That legendary is always there but the loot is random. I got a submachine gun with exploding bullets there too. After playing for a little while I see now that some areas are completely random (I.E. you can run into the pulp fiction guys in a number of places) and other places are always the same (the boatfly shack). Every play through is different and there will be things you miss. Pretty cool.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/10. THEY HAVE THE WRONG RETIRED NUMBERS IN FENWAY.

(in all seriousness, it's been pretty fun so far. I'm only about 7 hours in though, I haven't had much time to play.)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few suggestions to make this great game even better.

1. Like the enemies show up as red on your HUD, it would be nice to have your companion on there as a yellow marker. I feel like I lost my companion, one too many times.

2. A tutorial guide on settlements.

3. Speaking of settlements, an over top camera would be nice.

4. A tagging system that shows up on your map, you come across a safe or computer you can't get into, or some gear you temporarily stored because of weight limit. You tag it and come back later for.

Any other suggestions?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few suggestions to make this great game even better.

1. Like the enemies show up as red on your HUD, it would be nice to have your companion on there as a yellow marker. I feel like I lost my companion, one too many times.

2. A tutorial guide on settlements.

3. Speaking of settlements, an over top camera would be nice.

4. A tagging system that shows up on your map, you come across a safe or computer you can't get into, or some gear you temporarily stored because of weight limit. You tag it and come back later for.

Any other suggestions?

Yes for both. You can go online for #2 but #4 would be really nice to have...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started a melee build after i didnt like my first character

10 strength
9 agility
5 luck

points into idiot savant then your melee perks

Fucking up everybody's day, too fun

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only messed around with the game on my old box that does not meet any of the min requirements. My new box should be delivered by UPS today, and I am putting in a new GFX card (GTX 960) before I even turn the thing on.

I will definitely go the Luck 5 / Idiot Savant route with my first REAL character (while keeping Int as low as possible). There is no level cap in this game, so there is no reason not to try to level up as much as possible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started a melee build after i didnt like my first character

10 strength
9 agility
5 luck

points into idiot savant then your melee perks

Fucking up everybody's day, too fun
You are losing the benefit of the strength bobblehead by going this route.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, hopefully they fix the game. Then I'll buy it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bugs have you guys found so far?

I have a couple that I think are bugs...

1) if you move a table that has a computer on it, the computer disappears, never to be seen again.

2) if you store an item while in workshop mode, the item does not actually exist in the workshop.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't found too many bugs yet, but I haven't done much building yet either.

I decided to advance the main story line and venture down into the deep south to find the Doc in the Glowing Sea. Heh. The load screen bit about the wasteland being a tougher go in the south, isn't kidding around. I'm up to level 27 or 28, have some decent energy sniping weapons, and I ran into a squad of Gunners. These guys made the supermutants that swarmed me look like choirboys. Big armour protection, TWO legendary guys in the same mob.

Turn out the lights.

I've been saving up my power cores for the power armor, might be time to bust that out for these missions.

I suspect for battles like that it might be neccessary to use either the Minute men artillery or the vertibird smoke grenades.

I'd really, really love a plasma rifle, but no sign of one of those yet (other than the one in the Brotherhood armory store.)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go too Far East of Diamond City, you will get destroyed if you are less than level 35, like you said the farther south you go, the more brutal. I headed south and met this legendary assaultron, in the cellar basement of this building. I kept dying, not realizing that if you killed him, he detonates and destroyed you. I end up getting lucky combat armor chest piece from him, it has plus two lucky, to go with my mods it has a damage rating 22, energy defense 22, radiation resistance 15.

My characters overall defense is 120 damage resistance, 95 energy resistance and 40 radiation.

Anyway you will recognize this place, because it has trip wires galore, even in the cellar, even moving trip wires. Not to mention a master lock to get to the cellar.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the game going SE?

I'm level 39 I think. Sniper/stealth build. Got the Overseer's rifle from vault 88, and the third level of the Ninja Perk, and suddenly the game has gotten too easy. Maybe things will scale up now that I'm going after the Institute, but one-shotting high level Supermutants is a bit anti-climactic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am level 14 (I think) and just got the Leader perk to link my settlements. Tonight will be a logistics night as I sort my inventory and set up my first trade routes. I will probably start to build up the movie theater as my primary base. Maybe put up a beacon in the robot base since they have so much food. Working out of Sanctuary just doesnt make sense anymore.

Can I reassign settlers to different settlements?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I reassign settlers to different settlements?

I've sent settlers to run trade routes, never tried to relocate them. Not sure.

Not really a spoiler, so I won't bother with tags, but the beacons REALLY increase the population. A settlement that is 2 or 3 will be up to double figures in no time. YRMV, but I'd suggest leaving starting a new main base till after you have your supply lines set up. At the very least, it'll be much easier to do at that point.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bugs have you guys found so far?

I have a couple that I think are bugs...

1) if you move a table that has a computer on it, the computer disappears, never to be seen again.

2) if you store an item while in workshop mode, the item does not actually exist in the workshop.

If you exit your power armor in a settlement and leave it there unattended without locking it into a power armor crafting station, one of your settlers can enter the armor and you will never get it back. You either need to reload from a previous save or lose your armor altogether.

This one had me in trouble for a while. I had just spent a huge chunk of my resources upgrading my power armor. I took it off at Finch Farm to upgrade the settlement. While upgrading, father Finch entered my armor. I tried everything I could to get him out of it and nothing worked. I tried fast travelling a couple times to see if it would correct or magically reappear and that didn't work either. By the time I realized I wouldn't get it back, my game had autosaved too many times to go back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've sent settlers to run trade routes, never tried to relocate them. Not sure.

Not really a spoiler, so I won't bother with tags, but the beacons REALLY increase the population. A settlement that is 2 or 3 will be up to double figures in no time. YRMV, but I'd suggest leaving starting a new main base till after you have your supply lines set up. At the very least, it'll be much easier to do at that point.
I set the beacon at the movie theater as required by the quest, and it has been growing slow but steady. It really doesnt have the resources to grow too fast, though, so that is probably why it hasnt blown up. I would assume the robot farm would blow up, with all the free food there.