• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in love with the idiot savant perk, received 2,500 xp on completing one mission.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My intelligence is 5, it seems it pops often enough.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wanted to be master hacker and master lock picker asap. I'm holding off on getting the intelligence bobble head, because idiot savant perk will be a little less effective.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't played the game in a week or two but I'm fairly sure there is a way to relocate them. I've done it, although I forget if you have to talk to them or go to the workshop. There definitely is a way to directly relocate them.

When your settlement is under attack it is added to the quest log under Misc.

What makes it a settlement? My main base is the Red Rock garage outside of Sanctuary but I put up about 7 machine gun turrets because I got tired of being jumped while fiddling in the shop.

I finished the Sanctuary settlement.

I don't want people stealing my stuff at the garage. Will they do that if I am attacked?

I have my armor there and while I don't have a core in the armor I have about 20 in my workchest. Should I grab those and just hold on to them?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I thought was my impenetrable fortress at Sanctuary got completely and utterly effed up while I was out exploring. Food and water were around 60 each, defense was just over 100, with 18 settlers, water and food were at 0 when I got back. Happiness plummeted. Time to really consolidate, close ranks, multiple walls, double the amount of turrets, make sure guard posts are assigned. I can't defend 1 settlement let alone multiple.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes it a settlement? My main base is the Red Rock garage outside of Sanctuary but I put up about 7 machine gun turrets because I got tired of being jumped while fiddling in the shop.

I finished the Sanctuary settlement.

I don't want people stealing my stuff at the garage. Will they do that if I am attacked?

I have my armor there and while I don't have a core in the armor I have about 20 in my workchest. Should I grab those and just hold on to them?

Not sure, I rarely get attacked since I only have 1 big settlement (sanctuary) and when I do I always help out so they never succeed. The other settlements that are already there (the ones you have to gain trust from) only have about 2 people and I've yet to see them get attacked and the ones that I've emptied out never get attacked since there's nothing there. I'm not sure if it's the amount of people or the amount of water and food you have that makes it a target. If you see an exclamation point next to your settlement names in your pipboy (it's right next to the "Quests" tab) then that's missing something and likely needs more defense.

Yeah, just carry the fusion cores, they don't weigh anything so it's not negatively affecting you by carrying them at all. Same with almost all types of ammo.

I just put a bunch of turrets on the roof of the house where your workshop is located in sanctuary and they pretty much did all the work when a ghoul horde showed up, but I was in the settlement at the time so it may be percentage based in terms of attacks that take place when your not there. In other words, it may be random whether your settlement succeeds or fails in repelling the attack when you're away.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, I rarely get attacked since I only have 1 big settlement (sanctuary) and when I do I always help out so they never succeed. The other settlements that are already there (the ones you have to gain trust from) only have about 2 people and I've yet to see them get attacked and the ones that I've emptied out never get attacked since there's nothing there. I'm not sure if it's the amount of people or the amount of water and food you have that makes it a target. If you see an exclamation point next to your settlement names in your pipboy (it's right next to the "Quests" tab) then that's missing something and likely needs more defense.

Yeah, just carry the fusion cores, they don't weigh anything so it's not negatively affecting you by carrying them at all. Same with almost all types of ammo.

I just put a bunch of turrets on the roof of the house where your workshop is located in sanctuary and they pretty much did all the work when a ghoul horde showed up, but I was in the settlement at the time so it may be percentage based in terms of attacks that take place when your not there. In other words, it may be random whether your settlement succeeds or fails in repelling the attack.

I'll just carry my cores around I guess. I have about 19 fully charged ones and about 5 with anywhere from 30-6% left. The system tends to replenish your used cores with a fully charged one.

I hang out in the garage which is where I do my work. So I put in a bed and some turrets because every once in a while some mutants would wander by and attack.

I just don't want them screwing things up because, well, I just laid last night... ;) ;)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else finish Fallout's main storyline yet?

How does one put in spoiler tags btw?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have not finished yet. Not even close, actually. I just got to Diamond City :)

I suspect Shaun is a full grown adult, probably a head-honcho at the institute.

In your response window, there is a tool bar at the top. just right of center are 4 icons (smiley, portrait, movie clips and text). Click on the "text" icon, and the second option is "spoiler".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your response window, there is a tool bar at the top. just right of center are 4 icons (smiley, portrait, movie clips and text). Click on the "text" icon, and the second option is "spoiler".

Thank you sir.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda' surprised at how quickly the ending comes upon you, I guess I'd thought it'd be as drawn out as the game-time put in to getting into the level 40 range.

I'm still making my mind up about the ending though. And obviously HORRIBLE spoilers here, so don't click if you haven't finished yet.

So at some point the Brotherhood/Railroad/Institute come to a head, and you're actually kinda' powerless to find another solution.

I'd decided to go Railroad with my player, so the first unavoidable conflict was against the Brotherhood. Attacking the Police Station, and gunning down the Scribe who'd been an ally (my long gun stealth build character 'sploded her head all over the ground) made me feel, well, shvtty actually. Like I'd murdered her.

I get the need to make the choices 'matter,' and I get not having a happy/smiley ending, but did anyone else who finished find the whole bleak ending a let down of sorts? I'd spent the whole game being a nice guy, and in the end I have to nuke a whole bunch of misguided brilliant people into dust?

It's possible that the DLC content will alleviate some of the bleakness, but I dunno. At any rate, they do a good job of making you 'feel' in this game, I just don't know yet whether I liked the journey's end.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm more than halfway done since I seem to be running out of secondary quests (or I haven't found new ones). I'm starting to randomly explore.

I just got back from the glowing sea

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having a lot of fun building, been building a big tower in Hangmans Alley. I can never have enough resources.

I couldn't build anymore in Sanctuary, reached the max.

I'm level 42, working on getting the local leader perk now.,

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having a lot of fun building, been building a big tower in Hangmans Alley. I can never have enough resources.

I got the Local Leader by about level 14 or so (I had to wait because I did not allocate enough charisma to start the game).

While it is an important perk to have, it is not NEARLY as important as I was expecting it to be. I need to wait for level 40 to get what I was expecting (fast travel while over-encumbered).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Hangman's alley, but it is sooo small. Also, you cant tell what your borders are because the green border only goes about one player-height up. This is a place where a mod/patch would be useful...

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have three story fortress in Hagman's Alley, I kind of like it being small in a way defense wise. I want to see how high I can build it.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the Local Leader by about level 14 or so (I had to wait because I did not allocate enough charisma to start the game).

While it is an important perk to have, it is not NEARLY as important as I was expecting it to be. I need to wait for level 40 to get what I was expecting (fast travel while over-encumbered).

That is why I thought waiting to I was in my 40s to try to get that, with already having a lot more important perks and some good cash on hand.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it is a critical perk. Dont get me wrong. I was just disappointed to find that all workshops did not share a single "container", which was what I expected (after connecting the settlements, of course).