• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poon Machine still on the block

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raptors Remain Likely To Trade Bargnani
Dec 29, 2012 11:32 AM EST

The Toronto Raptors are expected to trade Andrea Bargnani before the end of the 2012-13 season.

One source close to the situation said Friday that Bargnani is "a lock to be moved."

Bargnani has two years and $22 million left on his contract.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm finally ok with letting him go....even I always wanted him to be that guy and thought he could be the stonefaced euro killer.....and we had the 20 game run where he was averaging 24 pts a game and pretty much unstoppable......but he just sucks ass now.....

if we decide to keep calderon over lowry though I will be pissed.....i've read we're shopping lowry instead of calderon which is retarded....i get pissed off at lowry but jose although playing well(hard to tell cause the 7-8 games we won were against crap teams)...and the one game against a real pg(SA)....he sucked....he even got destroyed by the NO's pg.....we almost lost to NO cause of that....

what was the point of giving up our lottery pick for lowry if we just trade him? seems retarded.....you know whats crazy.....OKC has our lottery pick from houston....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm finally ok with letting him go....even I always wanted him to be that guy and thought he could be the stonefaced euro killer.....and we had the 20 game run where he was averaging 24 pts a game and pretty much unstoppable......but he just sucks ass now.....

if we decide to keep calderon over lowry though I will be pissed.....i've read we're shopping lowry instead of calderon which is retarded....i get pissed off at lowry but jose although playing well(hard to tell cause the 7-8 games we won were against crap teams)...and the one game against a real pg(SA)....he sucked....he even got destroyed by the NO's pg.....we almost lost to NO cause of that....

what was the point of giving up our lottery pick for lowry if we just trade him? seems retarded.....you know whats crazy.....OKC has our lottery pick from houston....

I don't believe those rumors one bit. Like you said, we would be incredibly stupid to trade Lowry after acquiring him in the summer and having him play less than 15 games as a Raptor. Over top of that, we traded a first rounder for him and have called him our PG of the future. Lowry has had great games and many mediocre games, and needs improvement. Having said that, if Salesman picks Jose over him, it's so poor of a move that it's almost unfathomable. The ONLY way I can see the Lowry being on the block rumors being legit is if the combination of him and Andrea lands us a big fish. And I'm thinking this is highly unlikely and unrealistic, so the rumors are pure garbage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrea Bargnani, Toronto:

Bargnani tore some ligaments in his right elbow and has been out of action since Dec. 11. The word is that the injury did not require surgery and that an extensive rehab was all that would be required to get Bargnani back. The problem with that concept is Bargnani isn’t exactly the hardest worker in the league and the expected window of sometime in January seems more like late January or early February.

League sources say it would be almost impossible to move Bargnani and the three years and $32.25 million remaining on his deal until he returns and proves the elbow isn’t going to be a problem.

It is clear that Toronto will explore moving Bargnani once he returns to action, and the hope is that return is sometime in early February so teams can get a good look at Bargnani before the February 21st NBA trade deadline.

The Raptors want to dump the salary associated with Bargnani and are not seeking much in return for Bargs. Sources close to the Raptors say they have several players they would consider taking on – a shopping list of sorts – and most of them are players radically out of Toronto’s reach unless other assets are packed in.

The Raptors have been linked to Lakers big man Pau Gasol, Milwaukee’s Ersan Ilyasova, and Denver’s Wilson Chandler; however, Raptors sources warn taking on a ton of long-term salary is not what they are looking for in a deal unless it’s exactly the right player.

Read more at NBA AM: Few Deals On Tap For New Years | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors