• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who gets more wins in 2015? SF or Oak

Who gets more wins in 2015? SF or Oak

• 49ers

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Raiders

Votes: 30 66.7%

• Total voters

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is going to have to take another step, maybe two to get a better record than the 49ers. That Raiders roster isn't up to par yet either, but it'll get better as the season goes along. Just how much better you think they'll get probably will tell you how you should vote on this poll. Staying status quo with the 49ers until I see it from Carr, not just projection.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you made this poll visible to all. I'd like to know who the 7 delusional 9er fans are.

I thought of it, but I knew this was the only way to draw out some of the 9er fans who live on their team board. It's obvious the majority of the 9er votes were those honks.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man people are WAY under-estimating the 49ers.

Yes they are likely to take a step back this year with all the losses. But that is still a really talented bunch. Certainly more talented than the Raiders team.

They still could have a top 10 defense and won't lose much in the running game going from Hyde to Gore (might even be better). If Kaep is a little bit better, they still will have a shot at the playoffs even.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man people are WAY under-estimating the 49ers.

Yes they are likely to take a step back this year with all the losses. But that is still a really talented bunch. Certainly more talented than the Raiders team.

They still could have a top 10 defense and won't lose much in the running game going from Hyde to Gore (might even be better). If Kaep is a little bit better, they still will have a shot at the playoffs even.
Sounds like somebody is preparing an excuse for a potential 0-1 start.

Relax dude. You should defeat the niners at Wine & Cheese stadium in week one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of it, but I knew this was the only way to draw out some of the 9er fans who live on their team board. It's obvious the majority of the 9er votes were those honks.

Well it isn't just 49er fans voting for their team to finish better. People from the actual division that Oakland plays in have been voting for them to do better than the Raiders too. Now yes maybe you call that us just hating the Raiders but I would say we also know the Raiders better than most fans on this site since well we play them more than anybody else.

While I do think the Raiders have actually made some decent decisions over the last couple of years the biggest area that they are really struggling in is bringing in any kind of quality FA's. This year is a great example in they paid top dollar for some guys that graded out as some of the worst at their position. So overpaying for mediocre to even really bad talent. It is why most of the FA's from last year that they signed are already gone after one year and my guess is that will happen once again after this season as it is just not a place that FA's want to go. In fact it was voted the least place that a FA player would want to go.

So that means the Raiders have to depend on their draft more than any other team in the league in my opinion and right now I would say they have had one good draft (last year) and nothing else before that. The 2013 class has a couple of contributors but the rest have been complete busts. The year before that they didn't even have a pick until the 3rd round and I don't think a single player from that draft is contributing. So to me unless that draft from last year improves to a ridiculous level (Derek Carr becomes a top-10 QB) and they get some very surprising production from this year's draft class then the Raiders are still going to be fortunate to win possibly 6 games. I mean looking at their schedule they might not be favored in a game until week 8 against the Jets as their easiest games at the beginning of the season are on the road making those very questionable if they can win. At this point I see maybe 2 games they would be favored in with the Titans and Jets games being the only two.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raiders will be 8-8 or 9-7

SF will be lucky to be 8-8. depends who retires tomorrow.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I really so nothing positive for the Niners. The QB is trying to reinvent himself (I'm really - really going to try and be better this year - bad sign) Lost a big chunk of offense in Crabtree and Gore. Ran off a top NFL coach that turned the Franchise around and more retirees than a 50 year highs school reunion. Oakland on the other hand is young and hungry and filling critical positions with talented folk but they still have holes to fill.
SFO 5 - 11
Da Raidas 7 - 9

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is anyone predicting 7-9 wins for the Raiders? And then SF a lot less than that?

The Raiders were one of the worst teams BOTH offensively AND defensively last year. And they didn't have that big of an offseason.

I don't get it at all. The Raiders are still easily the least talented team in all of football (despite having two young uber-studs in Cooper and Mack). They are still at least a year or two away from middling IMO.

Has anyone making these predictions actually looked at either of these teams rosters as they currently stand?

SF was a legit top 10 defense last year and they didn't have Aldon Smith most of last season or Bowman all of last year. They might take a small step back as a unit with the loss of Justin Smith....but it isn't going to be a huge tumble to the bottom of the league (where the Raiders will be). And offensively both the Raiders and SF are going to struggle to score....but they are pretty close overall even if Cooper puts up a monster rookie season and they find someone who can run the football.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would like to think the Raiders will have a breakout season, I have seen way too much apathy and acceptance of losing over the past decade+ to get too excited.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Raiders get it rolling this year, I thought JDR should have gotten more consideration when he left J'ville, however, running with a winning team for a couple years isn't all bad either, he will put some fire into our D, and with arguably the best WR in the draft, the Raiders should be able to improve on their 16 ppg avg of last year.

The Raiders lost 5 games last year by 7 points or less, and there were 10 games when they scored 14 points or fewer, including a shutout. This team absolutely must score more points for there to be any hope of improvement.

I think this schedule has a number of winnable games on paper, and while I don't actually see playoff possibility, there is certainly potential for a .500 or better season. I think the Raiders match up against the AFCN pretty well.

The 9ers have taken a lot of hits this offseason, and that trend doesn't appear to be over yet. I don't care how big a drama queen Harbs was, his departure from SF does nothing to improve the team, and I think their schedule looks pretty tough, 3rd toughest according to nfl.com.