• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Last throw by Kap to Crabtree

Final throw by Kaepernick to Crabtree - more to blame

• Total voters

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
QUESTION: Whats more to blame on the last play of the game for us. Do you think the final throw that Kaepernick made to Crabtree in the Seattle game was a poor decision/read or was it more of a poor throw?

I know this has been discussed a lot lately but just wanted to do a poll to see the results on this board to see what the general consensus of the play was.

1_zps7ba2a535.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was both. Give me a vote for each.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was both. Give me a vote for each.

Thought about that but wanted a decision on what is more to blame. If you think it's both you're more in the bad read/poor decision group.

Meaning if the the throw was perfect, the play could have worked.

OR

The read was poor, there was no play to ever be made.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no reads. He was never going to throw to anybody else. If it were a bad decision it was the fact that he didn't throw it out of bounds or that the play was called in the first place.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was a play, but it would have been EXTREMELY difficult to make. Sherman's coverage was very good, and he's bigger than Crabtree. A better throw would have greatly reduced the likelihood of an INT, but I think a TD would have taken a perfect throw and a great play by Crabtree. Given the coverage, I think Kap should have either just thrown it out the back of the endzone or moved to his left and checked down. In a perfect world, he would have seen and gotten the ball to Boldin, but Kap isn't there yet.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a play, but it would have been EXTREMELY difficult to make. Sherman's coverage was very good, and he's bigger than Crabtree. A better throw would have greatly reduced the likelihood of an INT, but I think a TD would have taken a perfect throw and a great play by Crabtree. Given the coverage, I think Kap should have either just thrown it out the back of the endzone or moved to his left and checked down. In a perfect world, he would have seen and gotten the ball to Boldin, but Kap isn't there yet.

Would have liked to see a throw to Patton on the other side. Throwing away wouldn't have been bad. If it was 4th down, or if there was no time remaining, then I can understand trying to make that play

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a lot of people saying they would have liked him to throw to Patton on the other side. Can we at least all agree that it is a good sign that there is a new name being said? I never heard anybody say, "I would have liked to see him throw to Jenkins on the other side." :suds:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about that but wanted a decision on what is more to blame. If you think it's both you're more in the bad read/poor decision group.

Meaning if the the throw was perfect, the play could have worked.

OR

The read was poor, there was no play to ever be made.

Yep. It was a poor decision. That's my vote.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no reads. He was never going to throw to anybody else. If it were a bad decision it was the fact that he didn't throw it out of bounds or that the play was called in the first place.

I still don't see how that's possible on a professional football team. I've never heard of any pass play ever that didn't at least have a second option.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a poor decision. Crabtree was completely blanketed by Sherman. I would have love for Kap to move to his left and hit Patton for a short pass. Davis could have done a better job blocking Avril. I would like to see Kap complete more passes to the RB's. Moreno had 60 receptions this year. Take what the defense gives you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say poor throw because both the QB and HC said it was the right read and Crabtree had Sherman beat. Kap said it was a bad throw so I have to go with bad throw.

I think he only had 1 read before he got sacked so if the play called for Crabtree to be option 1 then he was going there if he had no time to go through his 2nd read.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked to see a throw to Patton on the other side. Throwing away wouldn't have been bad. If it was 4th down, or if there was no time remaining, then I can understand trying to make that play

Not me. I'd have looked for Boldin or Davis in the middle, the way any top flight QB would have in that position.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't move up to hit Patton there was a LB waiting for him.

He had 3 options: Throw it to Crabtree, Get sacked or throw it away. Yes the best one would of been throw it away but Crabtree had Sherman. It was just a bad throw. It happens.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say poor throw because both the QB and HC said it was the right read and Crabtree had Sherman beat. Kap said it was a bad throw so I have to go with bad throw.

I think he only had 1 read before he got sacked so if the play called for Crabtree to be option 1 then he was going there if he had no time to go through his 2nd read.

Ha ha ha! Take off the blinders dude. Crabtree was blanketed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way the WR on the left would of got the ball If he was read 1. He didn't have time to look at any other receivers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha! Take off the blinders dude. Crabtree was blanketed.

There are no blinders. he throws it to the other shoulder Crabtree is the only one that has a shot at the ball. Im not saying he was wide open but Sherman was in panic mode. Crabtree had him turned around.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um, no he didn't. Sherman let up at the last second because he judged the ball and saw that it was short, but running down the sideline they were almost exactly stride for stride.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily a poor decision from my POV. Even in the huddle if Kap/Harbs said to hit Crabtree, it should go without saying that if he ain't open go elsewhere....

Kap just threw it... didn't even fucking flinch. He just threw without looking at Boldin(much more open than Crabs), Patton(even the 12th man wasn't around), Davis(checkish but better option than Crabs being guarded tight by Sherman)

As for the no time in the pocket, thats BS. He had time to make a throw after passing up option 1 which was Crabtree....

After more and more replays I'm not sure if Crabtree was expecting the ball based on Shermans coverage. He may knew he was getting it presnap but after NO seperation he probably thought Kap saw the same thing, oh wait he threw it, sh*t....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I blame it on the play calling. No reason to go for it all. Had 2 time outs and we were moving the ball.