• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he wasn’t challenged at all

Because while he was being a bit over dramatic, he is most likely correct. Prisoners at Gitmo do in fact receive things like tooth brushes, soap and for fuck sake a checkup before they are laying in a corner not moving. The real issue should be that we can even begin to compare the treatment of children to the treatment of terrorists. Well unless that is you consider these kids a greater threat to America.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted no facts and no sources. I already answered your question. You arent a teacher, and I doubt you know any teachers.

Stay in your lane, small fry.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because while he was being a bit over dramatic, he is most likely correct. Prisoners at Gitmo do in fact receive things like tooth brushes, soap and for fuck sake a checkup before they are laying in a corner not moving. The real issue should be that we can even begin to compare the treatment of children to the treatment of terrorists. Well unless that is you consider these kids a greater threat to America.
So do detainees that your LSM lied about

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait , didn’t my dictatorial ass run you off the thread ? Just asking for a friend

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fighting to eliminate unions is part of the problem. Not surprisingly, the Philly fan fights unions.

Anyone who thinks that the teacher’s union is a problem clearly has zero understanding of the importance of workplace safeguards in the teaching profession.

Not surprisingly again, the person most outspoken about that is the Philly fan.

Workers comp, weekends, overtime pay, pension plans, 40 hour work weeks, protections from indiscriminate firings, the creation of ombudsmen to hear grievances, impartial hearings, contract negotiations, the elimination of child labor laws, the creation of laws that govern working conditions, etc. all brought to you by unions.

not surprisingly someone who works as a trash collector in washington heights and has been a member of 1199c for 30 years and should have been fired 10x for poor performance/attendance but union saved him would feel indebted to said unions.

really worth that .30 cent raise you get each year huh?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted no facts and no sources. I already answered your question. You arent a teacher, and I doubt you know any teachers.

Stay in your lane, small fry.
i do know teachers , my sister being one and if you like i can certainly post actual stories backing up what i have said

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprisingly someone who works as a trash collector in washington heights and has been a member of 1199c for 30 years and should have been fired 10x for poor performance/attendance but union saved him would feel indebted to said unions.

really worth that .30 cent raise you get each year huh?
i dont think we need to go there do we ? kinda derogatory isnt it ?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as teachers unions he would be right . Almost impossible to fire a bad teacher including sex offenders and of course they are against vouchers which would help inner city youth

yep

ive seem so god awful teachers in my time who knew they were protected and would even flaunt it.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

didnt obama pardon a few terrorists from GITMO one of his first ever acts in office?

selective outrage

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a specialized field like this you would think the employees would have a bit more power

Thus the reason for a union.

If a company doesn’t like what the union is demanding, the company is free to hire replacements.

The union protects the individual within the union from unfair practices and retribution from the company. The union protects the collective members by saying the employees are valuable and you can’t simply kick somebody out because they make too much money because they were loyal to the company for years.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fighting to eliminate unions is part of the problem. Not surprisingly, the Philly fan fights unions.

Anyone who thinks that the teacher’s union is a problem clearly has zero understanding of the importance of workplace safeguards in the teaching profession.

Not surprisingly again, the person most outspoken about that is the Philly fan.

Workers comp, weekends, overtime pay, pension plans, 40 hour work weeks, protections from indiscriminate firings, the creation of ombudsmen to hear grievances, impartial hearings, contract negotiations, the elimination of child labor laws, the creation of laws that govern working conditions, etc. all brought to you by unions.

Unions for government employees is a horrible idea and simply wrong. Government employees are supposed to be civil servants. You take what is offered or find another job. Schools do not exist for the teachers...they exist for the education of students. If all the students were to disappear, there would be no teachers. If all the teachers disappeared, they would be replaced.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mandatory sentencing for people using a gun in commission of a crime is one . Make the details specific so the Supreme Court won’t strike it down

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.