• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will always be people to fill jobs that are needed. Jobs are dictated by demand.
Ah, not true. Many a recession has been caused by lack of manpower to fill demand. its part of the delicate balance. Since no manpower, product becomes scarce. Prices rise. Inflation kicks in, economy cools off or stalls.

On top of that, try deporting 13M out of our economy and see what happens. It won't be pretty. Which is why this talk of rounding up all illegals is just lip service by the GOP to its base. Never gonna happen.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure youve ever been part of a union but I was for 35 years. Without them I would have been at the mercy of a huge company with greedy CEO’s and other top officials sucking every drop of blood out of the employees.

Having said that I know that unions are as corrupt as the party that they serve.. the democrats... but unions helped build this country and kept many people working. All good. They’re a dying breed anyway.

Well I basically fight unions for a living. Labor laws are in place. This isnt upton sinclairs jungle anymore, thus IMO making unions an annoying benign tumor that serves no purpose but to leach off a host.

I've seen some utter BS with unions like real nonsense. Also, glassdoor, indeed reviews, google reviews etc let people know what they are getting into when they agree to a job. If the conditions are so horrible people wont agree to do the job thus forcing the employer to adjust to get a steady stream of talent.

The teachers union is also by far the biggest problem with the education system in America. Front line teachers should be paid more but the money is often siphoned to the union and board of ed.

I utterly despise unions. Particularly 1199c

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they trash? I am a pilot and am part of a union. Another company, without a union, during the oil downturn laid off their highest paid, senior pilots, who also have the most qualification because they refused to be abused. That company rehired them at first year salaries. That is complete bullshit. So a union can protect employers from that kind of abuse.

Is it right that six people in a company take four million in bonuses one week before declaring bankruptcy, while in negotiation with a highly skilled, high risk job, with a shortage of qualified applicants during a negotiating period? Oh, that company is public ally traded and not privately owned...oops, it was.

How are unions in 2019 not trash?

There isnt a modern day union that I dont have a problem with except maybe the NFL players union and thats only out of spite for Snyder.

Electricians and Plumber unions is a travesty. Kids just starting off trying to make it after trade school get black balled unless they adhere... bullshit

teachers union.... trash
see my response to reptec. I go nose to nose with unions quite often and have never in my career seen them act ethically.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, not true. Many a recession has been caused by lack of manpower to fill demand. its part of the delicate balance. Since no manpower, product becomes scarce. Prices rise. Inflation kicks in, economy cools off or stalls.

On top of that, try deporting 13M out of our economy and see what happens. It won't be pretty. Which is why this talk of rounding up all illegals is just lip service by the GOP to its base. Never gonna happen.

Oh no...I know if we deport 13 million the economy will go down. I am not for that either. I am for stopping the influx of new illegals, legalizing those brought here when they were younger (if they can take care of themselves), and keeping a merit based system.

If man power becomes scarce, salaries should rise. That is simply how it goes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are unions in 2019 not trash?

There isnt a modern day union that I dont have a problem with except maybe the NFL players union and thats only out of spite for Snyder.

Electricians and Plumber unions is a travesty. Kids just starting off trying to make it after trade school get black balled unless they adhere... bullshit

teachers union.... trash
see my response to reptec. I go nose to nose with unions quite often and have never in my career seen them act ethically.

Dude...I just gave you two examples of why unions are not trash.

Teachers unions shouldn’t exist. They are government employees and thus public servants.

And you have never represented a company that acts unethically? Bullshit because companies are typically unethical.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...I just gave you two examples of why unions are not trash.

Teachers unions shouldn’t exist. They are government employees and thus public servants.

And you have never represented a company that acts unethically? Bullshit because companies are typically unethical.

in a specialized field like this you would think the employees would have a bit more power

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Open borders would be disastrous

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again false news

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fighting to eliminate unions is part of the problem. Not surprisingly, the Philly fan fights unions.

Anyone who thinks that the teacher’s union is a problem clearly has zero understanding of the importance of workplace safeguards in the teaching profession.

Not surprisingly again, the person most outspoken about that is the Philly fan.

Workers comp, weekends, overtime pay, pension plans, 40 hour work weeks, protections from indiscriminate firings, the creation of ombudsmen to hear grievances, impartial hearings, contract negotiations, the elimination of child labor laws, the creation of laws that govern working conditions, etc. all brought to you by unions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he wasn’t challenged at all

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check in after not checking for a week and skinsdad is still linking fake news websites and reporting then as facts.

Some people never learn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fighting to eliminate unions is part of the problem. Not surprisingly, the Philly fan fights unions.

Anyone who thinks that the teacher’s union is a problem clearly has zero understanding of the importance of workplace safeguards in the teaching profession.

Not surprisingly again, the person most outspoken about that is the Philly fan.

Workers comp, weekends, overtime pay, pension plans, 40 hour work weeks, protections from indiscriminate firings, the creation of ombudsmen to hear grievances, impartial hearings, contract negotiations, the elimination of child labor laws, the creation of laws that govern working conditions, etc. all brought to you by unions.
As far as teachers unions he would be right . Almost impossible to fire a bad teacher including sex offenders and of course they are against vouchers which would help inner city youth

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan saavedra - ignorant angry white man, fake news breitbart “reporter” and current angry white man sportshoopla favorite.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn’t obamacare supposed to fix it all ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as teachers unions he would be right . Almost impossible to fire a bad teacher including sex offenders and of course they are against vouchers which would help inner city youth

No, he would be wrong.

Its easy to fire bad teachers. You only hear about the difficult cases because the ones that are easily let go of arent even news enough for angry ryan saavedra, your current favorite.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder why ? I won’t jump to his conclusion yet but still.......

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he would be wrong.

Its easy to fire bad teachers. You only hear about the difficult cases because the ones that are easily let go of arent even news enough for angry ryan saavedra, your current favorite.
As I have posted with facts my sources are much better then what the LSM provides

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teachers union does a very effective job of safeguarding teachers from all that I listed above.

Short sighted simpletons want to get rid of the teachers union because they dont know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.