• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I have no problem with controlling immigration and knowing who is coming into the country and why. My issue is with the fact (and yes it is a fact) that our immigration policy tends to revolve around maintaining a so called cultural norm, which is and has been code for making sure America says a nation of predominantly white people. People from south of the border are just the latest bad guys if you look at the history of the country. At one point it was people from China/Japan, and I have no doubt that at some point people from India will be the existential threat to the "American" culture.

If it were true that the US was trying to keep a certain racial percentage, Hispanics would have never grown to their current level.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a racist can’t love them because a racist believes a group of people are inferior.

I don’t like a majority of all people. I base me liking you on belief systems and your actual character. I don’t like strangers in general.

George Washington supposedly had a love relationship with Sally Hemmings, yet he owned slaves. Bought and sold them. Its is very possible to love. like and even care for portions of a group while actually hating the group as a whole.

Again Im not saying thats where you as a person are. But I am saying the idea that one cant be racist because they like these particular members of a certain racial group is in fact a crock.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were true that the US was trying to keep a certain racial percentage, Hispanics would have never grown to their current level.

Some times shit just sneaks up on you. America was kinda busy over the last 16 or so years dealing with the Muslim threat after all. While some have been laser focused on the threat from the border, things kinda ramped up after that 2012 census report.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I did not call him a racist.

I merely pointed out the fact that saying I cant be racist cause i have a few black friends, or like these particular black people is rather condescending to say the least. Concepts like telling a black person they are a GOOD example of a black person, or one of the "GOOD ONES" has the implied backhanded comment that most of us are in fact some how bad because we are black. And to be honest the idea of protecting the "Integrity" of the country by stopping or limiting migration based on where someone comes from...

Well thats kinda racist when the integrity you want to stop is brown, while inviting the infusion of Norwegians.

BUt.. carry on

Stopping people from an area is not racist.

Murder rates/100k...average income/month

El Salvador...84...365
Honduras...57...522
Mexico...20...729
Guatemala...28...570
Venezuela...57...564

Norway...one half...4215
Sweden...1...3181

I can’t imagine why we would want them more. We haven’t even looked at education. But yeah...it is about race.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Washington supposedly had a love relationship with Sally Hemmings, yet he owned slaves. Bought and sold them. Its is very possible to love. like and even care for portions of a group while actually hating the group as a whole.

Again Im not saying thats where you as a person are. But I am saying the idea that one cant be racist because they like these particular members of a certain racial group is in fact a crock.

Owning slaves was about property...not racism. Do you actually believe white people wouldnt have owned other white people? You think far more of white people then than I do.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping people from an area is not racist.

Murder rates/100k...average income/month

El Salvador...84...365
Honduras...57...522
Mexico...20...729
Guatemala...28...570
Venezuela...57...564

Norway...one half...4215
Sweden...1...3181

I can’t imagine why we would want them more. We haven’t even looked at education. But yeah...it is about race.

Thats all awesome. BUt sometimes I tend to take people at their words and actions. And when you have the President calling people from south of the border Animals on multiple occasions, and referring to non-white countries as shithole countries... I kinda get the feeling that race does factor into it more than a little.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegal immigration is a non-issue. It's red meat for the ignorant right. Illegal immigration is supported by big business, including some of the biggest republican spenders in the country. Oh, you think ALL the dishwashers, maids, and service workers working for the Koch brothers et al are ALL legally here?

That's like saying that life begins at conception. Pure fallacy.

Then again, the right wing sure does like to be awfully selective in what they choose to believe is true....
If your daughter ever gets raped by, and knocked up by an illegal, I'm sure you'll be cool with it.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats all awesome. BUt sometimes I tend to take people at their words and actions. And when you have the President calling people from south of the border Animals on multiple occasions, and referring to non-white countries as shithole countries... I kinda get the feeling that race does factor into it more than a little.
Well, since you're apparently ignorant on the issue, the infamous "animals" quote/soundbite was directly in answer to a question about MS13, sooooo what you wrote is a lie. Not yours, the media's, but you're parroting it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times shit just sneaks up on you. America was kinda busy over the last 16 or so years dealing with the Muslim threat after all. While some have been laser focused on the threat from the border, things kinda ramped up after that 2012 census report.

Hispanic population has been increasing by percentage consistently since the 70s.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your daughter ever gets raped by, and knocked up by an illegal, I'm sure you'll be cool with it.

And if yours gets raped and knocked up by a white guy (much more likely) Im sure you will tell her it was Gods will baby.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if yours gets raped and knocked up by a white guy (much more likely) Im sure you will tell her it was Gods will baby.
I don't have a daughter, but if I did, under your inaccurate hypothetical, you'd be wrong (but, I'd expect nothing less from you).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you believe he feels all people from the south are bad?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a daughter, but if I did, under your inaccurate hypothetical, you'd be wrong (but, I'd expect nothing less from you).

So wait, are you telling me you have not procreated?? Or just no daughters??

Purely scientific question mind you??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe he feels all people from the south are bad?

I think he feels the majority of people from the south are bad, or at least bad for his vision of the country yes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he feels the majority of people from the south are bad, or at least bad for his vision of the country yes.

No...Do you really believe he feels they are bad or there is a better chance of them being bad for this country based on economics and crime than other people? Or could it be he simply feels people breaking the laws to enter this country are bad for breaking the law? Or could it be the fact that MS-13 is growing, drug numbers are up, and illegal crime is a daily occurrence as shown by Dad frequently?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a racist can’t love them because a racist believes a group of people are inferior.

I don’t like a majority of all people. I base me liking you on belief systems and your actual character. I don’t like strangers in general.

Well you don't actually LOVE them. You love them in the way people love public figures but that's quite different than love in the way most people mean it. So your love for them isn't all that serious.

But you can love somebody and still have underlying beliefs they're inferior. There's nothing that makes them incompatible.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you resent child molestors? How about murderers?

Do you actually believe Trump resents all Muslims? It isn’t logical to believe that.

Yes.

Yes. Using your own line of thinking it's reasonable to believe that. He wanted to ban ALL Muslims.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think you mean Thomas Jefferson.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many more lies are you going to listen too ? he called MS 13 animals not everyone

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you mean Thomas Jefferson.

My bad, it was kinda late, and all those founding fathers is pasty white wigs were the same any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.