• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to bring awareness to the issue how about a compromise ? stand for the anthem and flag and raise your fist . to me that shows respect for our country and you get the "word " out

OK. I was pretty young way back then. But do tell. How many peeps were giving John Carlos and Tommie Smith props for standing up and throwing up the black power fist at the 68 Olympics in Mexico? Maybe you didn't feel disrespected then and maybe you wouldn't have been disrespected by it now. I have serious doubts that Trump or the other 99.999% of people who got all butt hurt over what is possibly the most polite protest in the history of protest would've been as cool about that as you say you would be.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I was pretty young way back then. But do tell. How many peeps were giving John Carlos and Tommie Smith props for standing up and throwing up the black power fist at the 68 Olympics in Mexico? Maybe you didn't feel disrespected then and maybe you wouldn't have been disrespected by it now. I have serious doubts that Trump or the other 99.999% of people who got all butt hurt over what is possibly the most polite protest in the history of protest would've been as cool about that as you say you would be.

Think about the words “black power.”
Now think about the words “white power.”

They have the exact same meanings.

Now a comparison of times...in 1968, black people were just getting started on a trip to equal footing in the US and it symbolized the push for equality. White people of today can understand that fist they made and what their fists symbolized. Fast forward 50 years and, contrary to what some claim, black people are given the same opportunities as white people and treated equally in the eyes of the law. A raised fist today, now that black people are viewed on the same level as white people, no longer symbolizes equality, but a push for equal outcomes. The only way to get equal outcomes is to limit the liberty of others and treat them unequally.

If you want to see who is being vilified, look no further than how you take the following terms...
Black power
Woman power or liberation
Gay pride
White power

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3yearsinprison
#fingerscrossed

Yeah, that was some mothafuckin bullshit on so so many levels. I dunno if he needs to be locked up for 3 years, but when I think of some of the possible roads this could've traveled down. I won't lost any sleep or shed any tears over it if he gets the max serntence.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I get bored with the same ol shit in the news... a liberal nut job seems to always step up to the plate to provide me great theater and restore my belief that they will never disappoint. I sincerely hope this racist mo fo gets the book thrown at him.

Speaking of stepping to the plate. How'd this cat do far as providing you with great thetaer and restoring your belief of never disappionting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.9fe08ed454fc

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of stepping to the plate. How'd this cat do far as providing you with great thetaer and restoring your belief of never disappionting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.9fe08ed454fc

Coloumbo.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about the words “black power.”
Now think about the words “white power.”

They have the exact same meanings.

Now a comparison of times...in 1968, black people were just getting started on a trip to equal footing in the US and it symbolized the push for equality. White people of today can understand that fist they made and what their fists symbolized. Fast forward 50 years and, contrary to what some claim, black people are given the same opportunities as white people and treated equally in the eyes of the law. A raised fist today, now that black people are viewed on the same level as white people, no longer symbolizes equality, but a push for equal outcomes. The only way to get equal outcomes is to limit the liberty of others and treat them unequally.

If you want to see who is being vilified, look no further than how you take the following terms...
Black power
Woman power or liberation
Gay pride
White power

Interesting post, G. Can't say I agree with everything, I'll just touch on this. If the only way to achieve equality for one group. Is to limit the liberty of another group. Then these groups weren't on equal footing.

As for the terms.....in and of themselves they are fairly benign. What I look for at times when these terms are put in the atmosphere is the intent or desire of the people using them. If the terms are used in the sense of trying to instill a sense of pride or self-worth into an individual or even a group. I think that's cool. Its when these terms are used to lift a partricular group up at the expense of bringing another group down. To claim because we are in this group. We are better than or superior to that group. That's when things can start getting dicey.

I'd also add "Nationalism" to that list.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Execute him.

He didn't kill anyone....far as we know. I only posted that cuz I get so sick of hearing how its only one side that's doing all the fuckin up. My homegirl was here earlier talking about dude and how its always conservatives who are fucking up, are all wrong and the root of all evil yadda yadda yadda. I told her I got 2 words. "Jussie Smollet." She actually seemed shocked that I brought him up. Then I stopped her and told her I don't wanna hear the justifications why he did what he did or your personal spin on what he did. It was a plot, it was wrong, it was disgusting, it was inexcusable and it had the potential to do real harm to somebody or somebodies. In that sense I regqard both situations as fairly similar and evil in their nature.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't kill anyone....far as we know. I only posted that cuz I get so sick of hearing how its only one side that's doing all the fuckin up. My homegirl was here earlier talking about dude and how its always conservatives who are fucking up, are all wrong and the root of all evil yadda yadda yadda. I told her I got 2 words. "Jussie Smollet." She actually seemed shocked that I brought him up. Then I stopped her and told her I don't wanna hear the justifications why he did what he did or your personal spin on what he did. It was a plot, it was wrong, it was disgusting, it was inexcusable and it had the potential to do real harm to somebody or somebodies. In that sense I regqard both situations as fairly similar and evil in their nature.

I don’t care that he didn’t kill anybody. He was going to. It is like an attempted murderer. We don’t execute him because he failed...does that make any sense?

I am with you. There are evil people on both sides. I personally feel there is actual evil in certain liberal stances, such as abortion. I believe murder to be evil. I know some liberals don’t actually see it as murder, just like liberals used to see black people as non-human. That doesn’t make the stance less evil.

I don’t believe fighting for equal rights to be evil. I do find vilifying a group of people based on skin color, a penis, and their religion to be evil.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting post, G. Can't say I agree with everything, I'll just touch on this. If the only way to achieve equality for one group. Is to limit the liberty of another group. Then these groups weren't on equal footing.

As for the terms.....in and of themselves they are fairly benign. What I look for at times when these terms are put in the atmosphere is the intent or desire of the people using them. If the terms are used in the sense of trying to instill a sense of pride or self-worth into an individual or even a group. I think that's cool. Its when these terms are used to lift a partricular group up at the expense of bringing another group down. To claim because we are in this group. We are better than or superior to that group. That's when things can start getting dicey.

I'd also add "Nationalism" to that list.

Define equality in your distraction for me. Are you talking equality of outcome or opportunity? With regard to opportunity, should we take away all socioeconomic advantages of one child over another? If you do, aren’t you restricting the liberty of the parents? For the moment, leave race out of the equation because I am speaking specifically on socioeconomic terms.

Ok...I agree. It is how a term is used; however, there are certain connotations and notations that terms carry. Black power back in the sixties and seventies means something far different to all of us than it did then. The term itself should be very offensive, just as the term white power should be. I seriously doubt any thing but a small faction of people within a group believe they are superior to another group.

The term white nationalist has been completely hijacked into sounding like a bad thing, but it shouldn’t. White simply denotes a race and nationalist want what is best for their country. That used to be called patriotism.

If you want to see an interesting hijacking of words or symbols, look up the origin of the schwastica.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
black power sign isnt an issue to me

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2019-2-21_22-27-11.jpeg upload_2019-2-21_22-27-11.jpeg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dems are talking about "reparations." Will the party of slavery and of Jim Crow; that opposed the 13th/14th/15th Amendments; whose members founded the KKK; whose House and Senate members voted for the '64 Civil Rts bill by a smaller percentage than did republicans--SUE ITSELF?!?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What “facts” are Booker and Harris waiting on when it comes to Jussie Smollett?

That the check Jussie wrote his co-conspirators is fake? The hardware store where they bought the masks and rope doctored the video footage?

It’s absolutely absurd. Such phonies.

But when the story broke they sang different tunes

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The tolerant left people on this board support

Status