• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is kind of an interesting point that I'm curious to get your thoughts on...

If you want to criticize liberals for not being honest enough or the media for not being perfect fine...

You seem to believe honesty is critically important and I think that's a good thing.

But...

Shouldn't that make you outraged that Trump lies ALL the time. Like he doesn't even care about the truth remotely. Does that not piss you off?

Cause I'm struggling to see how you could only be pissed at liberals for dishonesty when the republican president is the single most dishonest politician in the country.
Trump isn't as dishonest as the MSM, not even close, but, in theory, wee he lying as much as they do, yeah I hate that. But, I won't rage against him when he's paying the evil left back with their own corrupt coin. You reap what you sow.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also enjoy our intelligent posters (yourself included) and the discussions we have.

That said I think there hasnt been much discussion recently (at least for me) for 2 reasons...

1. I probably agree with most of you all on the issues you named save for collusion, though I think most of the posters here are leaping to wrong conclusions because they don't actually have genuine beliefs aside from hating liberals and this gives them an excuse to hate them even more.

And

2. This thread has become a bit of a cesspool. We have one poster ranting about how blacks are less intelligent, one poster calling a congresswoman a terrorist because she's a Muslim, and one person who thinks that progressives are worse than Nazis. Why would I or anybody want to engage in that kind of environment? Those arent people who are interested in serious discussion or worth sharing a discussion or thread with.
So, just interact with the posters you feel it's worth engaging with. And this is by far the most civil and tame politics forum I've yet seen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't.

The irony is that you have complete faith in the most dishonest politician in the country while you rant about how everybody else is too naive.
perhaps you should read above .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called a Muslim congresswoman a terrorist. That's about as ignorant as it gets.

Why is it ignorant? Is a Muslim woman in Congress not capable of being a terrorist?

Or are you not allowed to call a person of Islam a terrorist? Can we still call Osama a terrorist or is it offensive because he was Muslim?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just interact with the posters you feel it's worth engaging with. And this is by far the most civil and tame politics forum I've yet seen.
he cant back up his arguments with facts

he believes the MSM is beyond reproach and when you post things showing it isnt well you get no response

if you bash AOC he deflects to climate change and ignores the foolish policy all the main dems support

if you post the senate investigation saying there was no collusion he deflects to lying trump

he ignores evidence about the FBI and the DOJ coming from direct testimony and hearings but , you "misread " it

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also enjoy our intelligent posters (yourself included) and the discussions we have.

That said I think there hasnt been much discussion recently (at least for me) for 2 reasons...

1. I probably agree with most of you all on the issues you named save for collusion, though I think most of the posters here are leaping to wrong conclusions because they don't actually have genuine beliefs aside from hating liberals and this gives them an excuse to hate them even more.

And

2. This thread has become a bit of a cesspool. We have one poster ranting about how blacks are less intelligent, one poster calling a congresswoman a terrorist because she's a Muslim, and one person who thinks that progressives are worse than Nazis. Why would I or anybody want to engage in that kind of environment? Those arent people who are interested in serious discussion or worth sharing a discussion or thread with.

1- what wrong conclusions?

2- ignore the idiots. That is why I don’t respond to them, except to question them.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cant back up his arguments with facts

he believes the MSM is beyond reproach and when you post things showing it isnt well you get no response

if you bash AOC he deflects to climate change and ignores the foolish policy all the main dems support

if you post the senate investigation saying there was no collusion he deflects to lying trump

he ignores evidence about the FBI and the DOJ coming from direct testimony and hearings but , you "misread " it
I love when people pretend he MSM isn't corrupt. I worked wishing it, including for the New York Times for two years. Most normal people have no idea how much ideology permeates into publication.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel the bern

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called a Muslim congresswoman a terrorist. That's about as ignorant as it gets.

Not just because she’s a Muslim. Did you read any of her tweets? Isn’t she a spokesperson for CAIR a terrorist group?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is kind of an interesting point that I'm curious to get your thoughts on...

If you want to criticize liberals for not being honest enough or the media for not being perfect fine...

You seem to believe honesty is critically important and I think that's a good thing.

But...

Shouldn't that make you outraged that Trump lies ALL the time. Like he doesn't even care about the truth remotely. Does that not piss you off?

Cause I'm struggling to see how you could only be pissed at liberals for dishonesty when the republican president is the single most dishonest politician in the country.

I'll give you this and then I am out.

I do not like lying by either party.

I don't think I had ever seen a president more falsely accused than Obama ….. until Trump was elected.

The Russian collusion was a fabrication from the beginning. I have not trusted the media left or right for way before Trump became president. I can only say that you aren't old enough to remember when the press was more fact based than it is now. Not perfect but better than it is today.

I have said this before and will say it again. I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate. If you want to know what my politics are … Ronald Reagan was the best president in my life and although I was not crazy about him as a person Bill Clinton was the 2nd most effective president in my life.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The back pedal begins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Silence here

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts:

The oil & natural gas industry in Texas has paid over 14 BILLION dollars in state and local taxes & royalties

That equates to 38 million dollars a day earmarked to fund:

Schools

Universities

Roads

First Responders

And Democrats want to eliminate this industry?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I get bored with the same ol shit in the news... a liberal nut job seems to always step up to the plate to provide me great theater and restore my belief that they will never disappoint. I sincerely hope this racist mo fo gets the book thrown at him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I get bored with the same ol shit in the news... a liberal nut job seems to always step up to the plate to provide me great theater and restore my belief that they will never disappoint. I sincerely hope this racist mo fo gets the book thrown at him.

#3yearsinprison
#fingerscrossed

Status
Not open for further replies.