• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoffs or everyone is fired.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are a powerhouse on offense and should be lighting up the scoreboard this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're an outhouse in the secondary so we will need to.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's window for playoff success could be a tight one, especially if Johnson starts to decline now that he is 28 years old

I don't know why, this cracked me up. Sounds like mainstream media fear mongering.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC will stay for sure 1 more year unless they go worse than 4-12. No excuse for that. I think Shwartz messing up the pot will buy an extra year or 2.

I think if we get 2 more years of the same then everyone but the coordinators go. Most new coaches would probably be OK with our OC and DC. Worse case 1 coordinator goes and some of his staff.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty realistic to me.

Yep. 28 is the new wall, not 30 anymore, and not just RBs.

I agree with Thndr- this is just the media trying to stir up a story to get the sheep all riled up. Baaa.

Jerry Rice wasn't even half way done at 28. He had a 1,000 yard season left in him 12 years after he was 28. I think Megatron has some good years left- the best physical specimen the WR position has ever seen is not already on the decline at just 28 years old- don't be silly...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Thndr- this is just the media trying to stir up a story to get the sheep all riled up. Baaa.

Jerry Rice wasn't even half way done at 28. He had a 1,000 yard season left in him 12 years after he was 28. I think Megatron has some good years left- the best physical specimen the WR position has ever seen is not already on the decline at just 28 years old- don't be silly...

ignore the writers opinion and focus on Lewand stressing that this year is "playoff or bust." The thread is about what Lewand is saying nothing about CJ fyi

next HC and GM ideas?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC will stay for sure 1 more year unless they go worse than 4-12. No excuse for that. I think Shwartz messing up the pot will buy an extra year or 2.

I think if we get 2 more years of the same then everyone but the coordinators go. Most new coaches would probably be OK with our OC and DC. Worse case 1 coordinator goes and some of his staff.

If Ford Jr. has any guts, Mayhew and everyone else will get fired if they don't make the playoffs. Lewand too.

This whole staff is all talk.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes but he did have a point in that CJ has been dealing with knee issues, on top of other small nagging injuries. It's why he rarely practices during the season anymore. He's by no means hit a peak of any sorts, but his body needs to hold up for a bit longer. Even if he doesn't get targeted much, he's still something teams need to watch out for at any time. He helps open up the O for everyone else.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we have to wait. I want them gone now, before they make the rest of the decisions that have the Lions all-in for 2014. I don't like having people in these positions 'trying to save their job'. Get someone in there who can make good long-term decisions.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the first sweep of house cleaning last year, it should be pretty apparent that the next step is to clear out the In House staff if results are not achieved. Player personnel has been good enough to get to the playoffs, leadership has failed. A new coaching staff should alleviate this issue, but if not, it will be another failure of leadership and the In House management should be replaced.

I had a lot of patience after the Millen dark years, figuring it would take a few to get the right personnel on the field and coaching philosophy going. Players were turned over, now coaching staff was tried and turned over. Time for top management to either produce or be replaced.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew/Lewand are probably on the hot seat. I think Caldwell is safe. I know gms usually want to remake the staff, but most NFL personnel like Caldwell, and he inherited most of this team. Now team has the talent to be a playoff team, so Caldwell will not blameless but he get more than one year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most NFL personnel like Caldwell

i agree Caldwell should keep his job if the Lions don't make the playoffs, as only 1 year is tough for a coach to get an entire team to buy into his system and principles, etc. So firing him wouldn't be fair.

that being said -- I quoted the comment above, because there were a half dozen head coaching jobs open in the NFL and the only team to even call Caldwell was Detroit. so while he may be respected by former players and Tony Dungy -- It is tough to say he is like by most NFL personnel. If that was the case -- He would have had multiple interviews and his choice of head coaching jobs.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree Caldwell should keep his job if the Lions don't make the playoffs, as only 1 year is tough for a coach to get an entire team to buy into his system and principles, etc. So firing him wouldn't be fair.

that being said -- I quoted the comment above, because there were a half dozen head coaching jobs open in the NFL and the only team to even call Caldwell was Detroit. so while he may be respected by former players and Tony Dungy -- It is tough to say he is like by most NFL personnel. If that was the case -- He would have had multiple interviews and his choice of head coaching jobs.

The good news is, that Caldwell and Co. don't have to be the best coaches in the league for this team to improve. They only have to be better than the last bunch. I'm just eyeballin' it, but it doesn't appear the bar was set very high.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're an outhouse in the secondary so we will need to.

ignore the writers opinion and focus on Lewand stressing that this year is "playoff or bust." The thread is about what Lewand is saying nothing about CJ fyi

next HC and GM ideas?

This thread is next HC GM. just a FYI

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to see Mayhew fired if we lose a Pre-Season game. (Especially if VanNoy doesn't start both halves of every game that doesn't count.). Id also love to see him fired if we win all four.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Mayhew fired if the earth continues to rotate far enough that we're facing the sun again.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how this board overwhelmingly aggrees that Mayhew should be gone, but turns into a pissing contest when talking about a 2nd string player......Makes tons of sense.