• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFFS! Bengals v. Texans game thread

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck Dalton got so much love is beyond me. Dalton is a Mark Sanchez clone. Small, slow, weak, but lots of college hype because "they're winners." Well, that college bullshit don't mean dick here. Athleticism does. Arm strength does. Dalton has neither. Stop it. Stop the insanity right now.

I just can't agree on this. He has the athleticism. He has made plenty of plays with his legs when he needs to. He has the arm. He has connected multiple times on long bombs throughout the season. He has the accuracy. He's also prone to making a bone-headed throw from time to time. I chalk that up to being a rookie. That and he throws the ball away way too quickly. A lot of announcers gave him props for getting rid of the ball quickly, but I think he just gave up on the plays too early sometimes. He needs to be a little more patient. Of course, when your Oline is like a sieve, it's hard to be patient.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't agree on this. He has the athleticism. He has made plenty of plays with his legs when he needs to. He has the arm. He has connected multiple times on long bombs throughout the season. He has the accuracy. He's also prone to making a bone-headed throw from time to time. I chalk that up to being a rookie. That and he throws the ball away way too quickly. A lot of announcers gave him props for getting rid of the ball quickly, but I think he just gave up on the plays too early sometimes. He needs to be a little more patient. Of course, when your Oline is like a sieve, it's hard to be patient.

The announcers are fucking morons. You wait and see. I'll accept your apology after next season.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's maybe Mark Sanchez. Nothing more. Slow, weak arm. That doesn't in games in today's game. 10 year ago? Yeah. That would do. Not now.

But is this the new trend, or was this season an aberration because of the lock out? I'm not trying to be a homer, this is a real question.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is this the new trend, or was this season an aberration because of the lock out? I'm not trying to be a homer, this is a real question.

It's a valid question. We've been saying it's a passing league for a few years now, though.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
-Dalton was named the NFL Offensive rookie of the month for October
-He is also one of only five rookie quarterbacks ever to throw at least 20 touchdown passes
-Dalton was named as a Pro Bowl first Alternate in his first year
-Has led four wins featuring fourth-quarter comebacks
-leads rookie QBs, the others all first-round draft picks, in TD-INT differential
-Andy Dalton became the third rookie in league history with 3,000 passing yards and 20 passing touchdowns.Dalton is the first to do so and lead his team to the playoffs
-Dalton ranks eighth in the league in yards per attempt (13.3)

not bad for a rookie, when its all said and done he will probably be in the pro bowl because big ben or brady will probably be in the super bowl, and if not ben might skip cuz his injuries

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's maybe Mark Sanchez. Nothing more. Slow, weak arm. That doesn't in games in today's game. 10 year ago? Yeah. That would do. Not now.

slow? weak arm? he hasnt struggled to make any throws this yr, ive seen him make them all..not saying he's guranteed to be a superstar, but after seeing him this yr how can you not be impressed?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's gonna be absolutely no defense played in this 2nd game.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow? weak arm? he hasnt struggled to make any throws this yr, ive seen him make them all..not saying he's guranteed to be a superstar, but after seeing him this yr how can you not be impressed?

He is slow. His arm is weak. I'm not sure what you've been watching.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you are gonna use the lockout as an excuse for the defense then it is for the offense. Lack of a typical offseason really hurts rookies

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
-Dalton was named the NFL Offensive rookie of the month for October
-He is also one of only five rookie quarterbacks ever to throw at least 20 touchdown passes
-Dalton was named as a Pro Bowl first Alternate in his first year
-Has led four wins featuring fourth-quarter comebacks
-leads rookie QBs, the others all first-round draft picks, in TD-INT differential
-Andy Dalton became the third rookie in league history with 3,000 passing yards and 20 passing touchdowns.Dalton is the first to do so and lead his team to the playoffs
-Dalton ranks eighth in the league in yards per attempt (13.3)

not bad for a rookie, when its all said and done he will probably be in the pro bowl because big ben or brady will probably be in the super bowl, and if not ben might skip cuz his injuries

He's had some nice accolades as a rookie, but the only thing that means is he's AHEAD of schedule. It doesn't mean he'll be any better 5 years down the road than had he played like a normal rookie. That's the point that most people tend to miss.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy appears pretty agile to me for a QB, saw him run for big first downs many times this yr, if he's slow, Palmer is a paraplegic

Palmer is immobile as they come. He has a cannon, though.

I guarantee you Dalton doesn't go for more than 3400 yards next season if he starts every game. He's simply not capable. That won't cut it in today's NFL.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it's a passing league, but you can still run. Marvin Lewis is an idiot. What worked for us in 2005 was that we used the pass to set up the run. Running the no huddle set up Rudi Johnson to have a great season. No one is ever going to call Rudi a hall of famer, but the offense we ran allowed him to tear into tired defenses. And don't give me the shit that the no huddle makes for a tired defense. Even when we ran the no huddle, we were still snapping the ball with 5 seconds or less on the play clock. You don't run the no huddle exclusively, but basing your offense on it will lead to success.

I think we can all agree that coaching is the biggest problem this team has.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think dalton throws for at least 3800 next yr, wouldnt be shocked if he goes for 4000. Green will be a yr older, shipley will be back, hopefully simpson will...and if they get a capable RB to open up the pass game...

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think dalton throws for at least 3800 next yr, wouldnt be shocked if he goes for 4000. Green will be a yr older, shipley will be back, hopefully simpson will...and if they get a capable RB to open up the pass game...

Keep drinking! Good times!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it's a passing league, but you can still run. Marvin Lewis is an idiot. What worked for us in 2005 was that we used the pass to set up the run. Running the no huddle set up Rudi Johnson to have a great season. No one is ever going to call Rudi a hall of famer, but the offense we ran allowed him to tear into tired defenses. And don't give me the shit that the no huddle makes for a tired defense. Even when we ran the no huddle, we were still snapping the ball with 5 seconds or less on the play clock. You don't run the no huddle exclusively, but basing your offense on it will lead to success.

I think we can all agree that coaching is the biggest problem this team has.

The coaching is the worst

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, give a 12 year old Madden gamer the play calling duty, and this team would be 20 times better than it is right now.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, give a 12 year old Madden gamer the play calling duty, and this team would be 20 times better than it is right now.

How did I know they would come out the first series of the 2nd half and go run, run, pass, punt? Am I the fucking smartest guy on the planet? Should I be on ESPN NFL Matchup? No...I have common fucking sense. I know the Bengals. I know Marv. If they cannot see how transparent and inept they are then there is literally no hope. Literally....NONE. People being paid millions of dollars with decades of football knowledge are going up against us each week...they see this same shit I do. Anyone can see this. I honestly have no idea how Marv is still a HC in this league. I really think Mike B. is actually trying to lose. I really, really do.