• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFFS! Bengals v. Texans game thread

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's exactly 2 players on the team worth a damn. Green and Atkins. The rest are bums.

Dalton is not the answer. We should trade our 2 first rounders for a real QB. Of course we won't.

If Luck becomes available, we should give up those 2 first rounders and then another next year. Without question. But we won't.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone hears any stories of a naked man running a drunking rampage in Auglaize County tonight, you will know it's me.

Just whiskey dick the woman and call it a night.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalton is a stud, he proved that all yr long until he hit the rookie wall which is expected. Green is a stud, Gresham, and Shipley. Defensively there's nothing to talk about. This team is probably at least 3-4 players away from being average.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luck becomes available, we should give up those 2 first rounders and then another next year. Without question. But we won't.

Or Peyton Manning....

Of course we won't.

This team won't win 6 games next year. They went 6-2 because the schedule was ultra soft in those 1st 8 games and those teams were ill prepared. Once teams got their legs and we started facing our division and better opponents we got our asses kicked. This team isn't good. This season was an illusion. Anyone without orange colored glasses on has got to see this.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Line = this loss. No running game. No holes. Hope the Bengals get a RB and some Offensive linemen next season.

Happy with Dalton's first year.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dalton. He's never going to set the world on fire, but he can win games. If we had a different owner, I would be optimistic. I just don't see Mike Brown opening his wallet to bring in the right free agents to push this team over the hump. You can't build a team through free agency, but you sure as fuck can mask some of the deficiencies.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or Peyton Manning....

Of course we won't.

This team won't win 6 games next year. They went 6-2 because the schedule was ultra soft in those 1st 8 games and those teams were ill prepared. Once teams got their legs and we started facing our division and better opponents we got our asses kicked. This team isn't good. This season was an illusion. Anyone without orange colored glasses on has got to see this.

Yup. But he would never come here.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is a stud, he proved that all yr long until he hit the rookie wall which is expected. Green is a stud, Gresham, and Shipley. Defensively there's nothing to talk about. This team is probably at least 3-4 players away from being average.

Stud my ass. He threw for 3300 yards in a year in which 10 guys threw for more than 4000. I'd venture a guess that Dalton was near dead last in QB's who started 14,15, or 16 games. Dead last. Make this insanity stop. I speak the truth. Look up the facts. Quit lying to yourself. Dalton stunk.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Dalton. He's never going to set the world on fire, but he can win games. If we had a different owner, I would be optimistic. I just don't see Mike Brown opening his wallet to bring in the right free agents to push this team over the hump. You can't build a team through free agency, but you sure as fuck can mask some of the deficiencies.

Prior to the new CBA, I'd totally agree with you.

Chickens are coming home to roost soon...Mike Brown will HAVE to spend the money on players.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer only had about 500 yards less than Dalton and he only played in, what, 9 games?

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this year a 90% rule will kick in.

I also could've just pulled that out of my ass...

I have no clue on the details of the CBA, so you could be right. But you just know Brown will fill the roster with cheap guys that no other team wants. If I were the owner, I would go hard at either Forte or Lynch. I would either sign one of them, or force their current team to overpay to keep them.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck Dalton got so much love is beyond me. Dalton is a Mark Sanchez clone. Small, slow, weak, but lots of college hype because "they're winners." Well, that college bullshit don't mean dick here. Athleticism does. Arm strength does. Dalton has neither. Stop it. Stop the insanity right now.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stud my ass. He threw for 3300 yards in a year in which 10 guys threw for more than 4000. I'd venture a guess that Dalton was near dead last in QB's who started 14,15, or 16 games. Dead last. Make this insanity stop. I speak the truth. Look up the facts. Quit lying to yourself. Dalton stunk.

3300 yards in a season where they ran ran pass isnt too bad..he's going to be a very good nfl QB if he stays healthy. He can throw the ball, can run, just needs to learn when to use his feet, he's a rookie for goodness sakes. Very very few rookie QB's had the season he had this yr, maybe 3-5 in the history of the NFL

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3300 yards in a season where they ran ran pass isnt too bad..he's going to be a very good nfl QB if he stays healthy. He can throw the ball, can run, just needs to learn when to use his feet, he's a rookie for goodness sakes. Very very few rookie QB's had the season he had this yr, maybe 3-5 in the history of the NFL

And this season in the NFL should have a big asterisk next to it. Defenses didn't have their legs. Players weren't properly conditioned or prepared. You'll see. Trust me...you'll see.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The following are Dalton's stats between wins and losses because almost every game we won was against a losing team and every game we lost was against a winning team:

Wins
61.8%
13 TD
6 Int
88 QB Rating

Losses
54.1% completion
7 TD
7 Int
71.9 QB Rating

I've been saying it all season, Dalton has really struggled against winning teams (essentially those with very good defenses). When he's forced to throw into tight pockets his accuracy takes a huge hit. There was also a stat mentioned a couple times that he's in the bottom 3rd in the league for QB's completing passes against 5+ man rushes. That won't cut it.

He'll improve no doubt, but the question is, how much? Color me as not sold yet.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00/splits/2011/

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to break this up between wins and losses because almost every game we won was against a losing team and every game we lost was against a winning team:

Wins
61.8%
13 TD
6 Int
88 QB Rating

Losses
54.1% completion
7 TD
7 Int
71.9 QB Rating

I've been saying it all season, Dalton has really struggled against winning teams (essentially those with very good defenses). When he's forced to throw into tight pockets his accuracy takes a huge hit. There was also a stat mentioned a couple times that he's in the bottom 3rd in the league for QB's completing passes against 5+ man rushes. That won't cut it.

He'll improve no doubt, but the question is, how much? Color me as not sold yet.

He's maybe Mark Sanchez. Nothing more. Slow, weak arm. That doesn't in games in today's game. 10 year ago? Yeah. That would do. Not now.