• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing with house money

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that last part. Dynasties are built around defense and ball control, by being great for 60 minutes and let the other team make mistakes. A couple of them had explosive downfield threats like Rice or Irvin, but they played ball control first and foremost. Remember too that the niners didnt have Rice for their first 2 titles, and were very vanilla on offense, just like the Pats. Too much is put in to the idea of fast starts, when finishing is whats really important, and Seattle has closers all over the roster.

Fair point. I guess I'm hoping to see a somewhat modified playbook for the playoffs where we're mixing in a lot more play action, seam and drag routes. We did see that to an extent last season during the playoffs and it really caught our opponents off guard. My concern is becoming too comfortable playing in tight games because all it takes is for the defense to have one reasonably bad game and we're gone.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days injuries will bite us,but until then enjoy the ride because it is very rare for a team and a group of guys to come along like this,all the stars have to align from the Owner to on down the line.

One thing is certain however,the Seahawks are now known as a club/franchise many players want to come to and that will not end even after Carroll is gone if we are smart,plus i can see Paul Allen doing some kind of fan ownership thing in time down the road,he will not let the Hawks ever leave this city.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...the Seahawks are setup for a repeat this year...hard for Dallas to beat them twice up in Seattle IF it gets that far.

What's interesting is ALL of Seattle's assistants, including their front office, are up for grabs by the rest of the NFL once the season is done.

Make it happen Seattle, the bell hath rung for thee.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...the Seahawks are setup for a repeat this year...hard for Dallas to beat them twice up in Seattle IF it gets that far.

What's interesting is ALL of Seattle's assistants, including their front office, are up for grabs by the rest of the NFL once the season is done.

Make it happen Seattle, the bell hath rung for thee.

You have Dallas winning at Green Bay? They do have some good historical trends working for them with their undefeated road record..

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has a tough row to hoe. Detroit defense is pretty good and if they shut down Murray it will be on Romo to win it. I heard Suh is now playing, so that makes it much tougher. After a brutal game against Detroit they have to go into Lambeau and try to beat the Packers. They may be 8-0 on the road, but I bet they wish they would have beaten a couple more conference teams in their house to have a better record for the three way tie breaker.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got the Cowboys winning their first game, but it's not a slam dunk and I'll be rooting for the Lions. Lions defend the run really well, so if the can shut down Murray and put it on Romo, who knows, maybe we see those huge turn overs. It would be excellent if Calvin Johnson broke out for a huge game, that could be a game changer right there. Looking forward to watching this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
total longshot, especially on the pittsburgh end, but steelers hawks round 2?