• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you think might get cut this offseason (any team)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way: this isn't a new revelation, but the Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers. I know a lot of people were upset the Niners didn't draft him.

He has talent, but he must be a complete jackass to not even make the 53 with the Bills. And something tells me the guy doesn't exactly have much of a backup plan.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pat White - QB - Redskins

CBS' Jason La Canfora expects the Redskins to keep Pat White as their No. 3 quarterback.

White has had a surprisingly decent preseason, completing 15-of-28 passes (53.5%) for 149 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. He's added 12 rushes for 83 yards and two scores. As La Canfora notes, the Redskins can cut Rex Grossman and would still have a good shot to get him off the street down the line. If they cut White, one of the league's many quarterback-needy teams might take a shot. Related: Rex Grossman
Source: CBS Sports

Aug 28 - 10:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Free Agent

Da'Rick Rogers has cleared waivers, making him an unrestricted free agent.

A hundred-dollar talent with a 10-cent head, Rogers went undrafted in April and then got outplayed by guys like Brad Smith, DeMarco Sampson, and Brandon Kaufman at Bills camp. After getting cut on Monday, no team even wanted to take a flier on his talent.
Source: Jay Skurski on Twitter

Aug 28 - 11:00 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Curry - LB - Free Agent

Former Seahawks No. 4 overall pick Aaron Curry announced his retirement Wednesday.

Just 27, Curry will go down as one of the bigger busts in NFL draft history. He appeared in just 35 games for the Seahawks, recording six sacks before getting traded to the Raiders for a seventh-round pick. He fell out of the league this offseason after getting cut by the Giants. Curry recently admitted the $34 million guaranteed he got following the 2009 draft caused him to lose motivation.
Source: Aaron Curry on Twitter

Aug 28 - 12:05 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

A hundred-dollar talent with a 10-cent head, Rogers went undrafted in April and then got outplayed by guys like Brad Smith, DeMarco Sampson, and Brandon Kaufman at Bills camp. After getting cut on Monday, no team even wanted to take a flier on his talent.

Maybe he should go kill someone & then his agent will get a call from the Patriots. :)

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 9ers WR issues Im surprised they dont kick the tires on Da'Rick Rodgers

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess if I had just read to the end of the thread I would have seen this.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way: this isn't a new revelation, but the Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers. I know a lot of people were upset the Niners didn't draft him.

He has talent, but he must be a complete jackass to not even make the 53 with the Bills. And something tells me the guy doesn't exactly have much of a backup plan.

From all accounts he was very good in practice and didnt do anything personality wise to get himself cut he just had a hard time moving the talent he showed in practice to the actual field. I was hoping we would let him play the majority of the last game and maybe get him on our practice squad.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Curry - LB - Free Agent

Giants released LB Aaron Curry.

The former No. 4 overall pick in the draft continues to prove himself a total bust. The most telling sign for Curry's roster chances was that he was a bubble player who didn't even earn significant preseason snaps.
Source: Art Stapleton on Twitter

Aug 25 - 3:58 PM

I saw an article today that he retired. More like "retired."

He admitted his $37 million guaranteed or whatever killed his motivation. Pretty crazy that he was considered such a safe pick at the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

He admitted his $37 million guaranteed or whatever killed his motivation. Pretty crazy that he was considered such a safe pick at the time.

This is why even the best NFL GMs get it wrong sometimes. There's no way to predict who will be motivated & who will just be content living the comf'y lifestyle of the rich & famous.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was never a fan of Aaron was a prospect. I used to always tell Clyde that he simply didn't have "it". Lack explosiveness you see from Kuechly, Willis, Bowman, Wagner, etc. Not strong enough to put his hand in the dirt and grind on the trenches. Oh well, I am not surprised at all...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Admit it! Your mom made you eat Curry as a kid and you hated it & that's why you didn't like Aaron. :)

Nice call Bingo.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was never a fan of Aaron was a prospect. I used to always tell Clyde that he simply didn't have "it". Lack explosiveness you see from Kuechly, Willis, Bowman, Wagner, etc. Not strong enough to put his hand in the dirt and grind on the trenches. Oh well, I am not surprised at all...

That was a very good call going against the consensus. Hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back it's amazing he was propped up that high when he translated more to a solid cover type OLB. If an OLB isn't a pass rushing menace he has no business getting drafted that high.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is why even the best NFL GMs get it wrong sometimes. There's no way to predict who will be motivated & who will just be content living the comf'y lifestyle of the rich & famous.

I think this is what AJ Jenkins is suffering from. Once KC cuts him and he blows through his money, maybe he'll learn where the weight room is and revive his career.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think this is what AJ Jenkins is suffering from. Once KC cuts him and he blows through his money, maybe he'll learn where the weight room is and revive his career.

I'll have to disagree. AJ Jenkins is suffering from just sucking at football IMO. I didn't even have a positive reaction from him when he played against college DBs.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll have to disagree. AJ Jenkins is suffering from just sucking at football IMO. I didn't even have a positive reaction from him when he played against college DBs.

That could easily be true. He looks like a kid out there. Right now I'm happy with the Baldwin move, but time will tell.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dang it! I didn't realize Tyler Bray made the cut in KC. :(

They cut Ricky Stanzi to make room for him. In honour of Ricky, here's my mash up:

zqnb.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it! I didn't realize Tyler Bray made the cut in KC. :(

They cut Ricky Stanzi to make room for him. In honour of Ricky, here's my mash up:

zqnb.jpg

I'm all in support of us getting Bray. Send them McCoy for Bray. They've helped us out before. Try to take another high draft pick. I don't care what anyone thinks of Alex or how losing Bray and/or high draft pick would hurt KC, I want him to start as long as he can. Bray has an arm, would mature here, and we have the coaching staff and no pressure to do it.