• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you think might get cut this offseason (any team)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dennis Dixon - QB - Free Agent

Eagles waived or released QB Dennis Dixon, DE Everette Brown, DT Antonio Dixon, DE David King, G.J. Kinne, OT Matt Kopa, CB Trevard Lindley (waived/injured), WR Ifeanyi Momah, WR Will Murphy, C Dallas Reynolds, LB Adrian Robinson and C Matt Tennant.

One of Chip Kelly's former college quarterbacks, Dixon never elevated higher than the fourth-string, and was lucky to survive this long. Dixon hasn't appeared in a game since 2010. A 2009 second-rounder, Brown has appeared in just three games since 2010. Momah made some noise in OTAs, but struggled in camp.

Aug 30 - 1:21 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pats cut TE Daniel Fells. He signed a 3-year 5.25 Million dollar contract last season.

Man they have NOBODY from last year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pats also released TE Jake Ballard, who played with the VaGiants in 2011. He didn't record a stat last year, so I'm assuming he was injured.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The packers are working out Joe McKnight. I didn't even know he was cut. He's a good KR. Might be a good option 'til James gets back.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, rather have Hawkins return kicks and punts. I don't want Williams anywhere near kickoffs or punt returns. He needs to prove he can handle a WR position only after recovering from his injury.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The packers are working out Joe McKnight. I didn't even know he was cut. He's a good KR. Might be a good option 'til James gets back.

IMO, a punt returner is harder to find than kick returner. for PR use whomever is better at catching the ball right now, even if KW. catching then securing the ball.

agree with others in that LMJ doesn't look comfortable fielding punts. kick returning ok, punt returning not ok.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Antonio Cromartie - DB - Jets

Antonio Cromartie expects to be released by the Jets.

Cromartie is entering the final year of his contract and is scheduled to count $15 million against the 2014 salary cap. Both he and ESPN New York expect Gang Green to sever ties before a $5 million roster bonus is due in March. Cromartie will turn 30 in April, may need hip surgery, and is coming off a horrific season. He hopes to re-sign with Nw York after testing the waters.
Source: ESPN New York

Jan 5 - 9:39 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Antonio Cromartie is one of the more underrated CBs in the NFL IMO. Still. If the Niners could get him on a 1-year deal I would be extremely happy. Even if they had to pay serious money like in the 10 million range.

I wouldn't want to sign him to a long-term deal though. It almost never works out when you sign a big-name CB over the age of about 28 to a long-term deal.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Cromartie is one of the more underrated CBs in the NFL IMO. Still. If the Niners could get him on a 1-year deal I would be extremely happy. Even if they had to pay serious money like in the 10 million range.

I wouldn't want to sign him to a long-term deal though. It almost never works out when you sign a big-name CB over the age of about 28 to a long-term deal.

Cromartie was on NFL Network today and he did say he would love to play for the 49ers. So you never know.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That killer punt gave us bad field advantage and they capitalized

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a fan of James anymore. At Oregon I thought he had crazy speed but he doesnt have the speed you want your kick/punt returner to have. I think in the last 2 years you can count on one hand his good returns. Ginn and Hester are both FA I wouldnt mind going for one of them. Or draft Beckham from LSU he could be our kick/punt returner and maybe be our #3 WR.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That should have been a PI

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo, you are posting in the wrong thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cromartie was on NFL Network today and he did say he would love to play for the 49ers. So you never know.

:drool:

If the Niners got a CB like Cromartie, an above-average center & JSmith & Boldin had another great year in 'em then the Niners would be a damn scary team. Especially the center part. The secret to the Niners' great play over the last few years has been the OL IMO. They absolutely need to stay strong on the OL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm reading Champ Bailey will almost certainly be cut this offseason. Could he squeeze out another year? Maybe try a year at FS like a lot of older CBs have done?

Demarcus Ware has a 16 million dollar cap hit next year. I could see Dallas trading him someWare.

Come on Antrel Rolle!!! I've been drooling over the prospect of the Niners getting him for years.

Julius Peppers will probably be gone.

Will Smith? Gone.

Vince Wilfork? Possible. Coming off an injury + 11.6 million dollar cap hit.

Ike Taylor. Steelers have a rough cap situation.

Santonio Holmes could be cut too. He's washed up though IMO. His game was built around speed, and he doesn't have it any more.

DeMeco Ryans, Asante Samuel, Chris Johnson, Jason Babin, Zach Miller, Chris Clemons, Daniel Manning, Mathias Kiwanuka, Kyle Wilson all possibilities,

Sydney Rice: gonezo. As crazy as this sounds, he could be an option on whom the Niners could gamble this ofseason. He'll come cheap; he'd want revenge for being cut by Seattle; he could give the Niners insight into the offense... I hope the Niners keep an eye on him.

David Baas? Possible. Wouldn't mind having him back.

Roddy White? I'd guess no but maybe.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Ware opposite of ALdon? I think a defense like ours would instantly put some fire and All Pro play back in Ware... winning culture in the lockerroom and a defense that gives a damn... he'll be surrounded by All Pros n Pro bowls.... thats really dreamy after saying it outloud...

Taylor could be a good one to have at CB... brings the toughness n can be a good CB in certain games, wouldn't expect it every week.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Antrel Rolle's probably always been a pipe dream, but the one guy for whom I'm keeping my fingers crossed is David Baas. Coming up on 33, he shouldn't get huge money if he's cut; he could give the Niners a year or 2 for cheap. Centers can usually play a long time. I'd be more comfortable with him than with Richie Incognito to say the least.