• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you could see leaving via FA

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With Bowman re-signing, the Niners are not going to be able to keep everyone all of their rising stars long-term IMO. Starting next year, they need to start thinking about replacing a couple of them.

Aldon won't go anywhere. He's the most valuable non-QB on the team at this point. And I think Iupati is a must-keep.

I could live with letting Crabtree and Anthony Davis walk. Crabtree moreso; he's easier to replace IMO.

This is also why I wouldn't be opposed to trading them after the season. I thought the Niners should have traded Bowman in the offseason, but they actually signed him to a pretty reasonable deal considering his level of play.

Tarell Brown is as good as gone after this season IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it a lot of times already, but, I think Crabtree's holdout as a rookie shows how he'll treat free agency... he's going to bolt for the biggest offer and all it takes is one team to fall in love with him and it'll probably be the Texans with Andre Johnson being 34 or 35 when Crabs hits the open market. Crabtree still lives in Texas and still has a ton of fans there... just seems so likely.

I'm almost positive that they'll let Anthony Davis walk because they can easily throw Boone out to RT... but Boone is a FA the next year so uggghhh they better look for an OT in the 2014 draft.

I agree that Aldon and Iupati are the must keeps, but holy hell are they going to be expensive since OLB pass rusher and beast LG have drawn some of the largest contracts in free agency.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Makes me really wish the Niners went with one of my guys (Codry Glenn or Janoris) instead of AJ Jenkins. Glenn would've made a great RG or RT, and Janoris is going to be better than Tarrell Brown this year IMO (or any other CB on the roster).

The Niners really need to hit on some of these 2nd, 3rd & 4th round picks they have!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have to let somebody go i would think Anthony Davis would be that guy. We're not going to over pay for a RT. So either we let him test the FA market, trade him, or let him walk. Boone could always slide over to RT if need be and hopefully we have a new Center and Guard to start competing for some spots along the Offensive line. Justin Smith is going to be gone in a year or 2 so that will free up some space. Paraag will find a way to keep the core group of the team together. Anthony Davis is just going to ask for more than he is worth IMO. T. Brown will probably be gone too, but you never know. He might be willing to stay in SF for less. I wouldn't mind keep him around at the right price.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Y'know, I take it back. It would not be a good idea to trade Anthony Davis after this upcoming season. A player like him with only 1 more season on his contract probably wouldn't get more than a mid-round pick anwyay, and the Niners could get a pretty high compensatory pick from the knid of contract he'll get.

Also, they could simply franchise him for 1 season if they don't like their options on the OL.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabtree has another year like he did last year I'd be shocked if the Niners don't re-sign him(at the very least he would be franchised). Kap/Iupati/Aldon are the must haves and will get top contracts. But the Niners will have some cap room so I think they can re-sign everyone with the right structuring. Justin/Boldin/Goodwin/Whitner will be off the books to the tune of 24 million. I'm thinking Rogers getting cut is a given next season which will save around 7 mil. It'll be very interesting to see what they do in the next 2 seasons.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If anyone walks I would say Davis since we could always slide Boone back to RT if need be.

Like erckm said though we might be able to keep everyone with some creative contract structuring.

What they should do is work on extensions now for some of the guys because you're more likely to take less money a year before you hit FA then when you do hit FA. Also getting some extensions going now will allow you start that contract juggling act.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By far, I think Crabtree is the most likely one. I dont see him sticking around.

2nd, although much closer here, I could see Anthony Davis being the other likely one to bolt.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see them letting VD walk. His deal ends in 2 years.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see them letting VD walk. His deal ends in 2 years.

Been thinking about this, too. He's good but I don't think he will merit another big contract unless production picks up alot. He started to click with Kaep in the playoffs, we'll see if that was an aberration or if he can start being a weapon again.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vernon opens things up for other players. imo he's the justin smith of the offense.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vernon opens things up for other players. imo he's the justin smith of the offense.

I dunno if I believe that but I'll admit it's hard to know without more knowledge of the offense. What's the board consensus?

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the bigger question will be, what do we think of Staley at the time that the Offensive line needs to get paid.

Do we trade Staley and move Davis to LT?

I think Staley will be the guy to hit the road.

:2cents:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Staley still has like 4 years on his deal. They stole him like 3 years ago and gave him an 8 year extension or something silly like that. I think they will take care of Kaep and Iupati during/after this next season.

On topic for the thread, I would say Cashtree is gonna be gone. He is gonna want 12 mil per after he posts a 85 catch, 1100 yard, 8 TD season.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Crabs is a guarantee to leave if lots of money is thrown his way if Kap continues to develop. Also many of us fill Crabs is our #1 but not a NFL #1 so how much would he really get in FA? Would he go to a team where he is #2?

On topic I think we figure out a way to keep the core OL together. Goodwin is gone so we will be cheap at C for a while. The only person I see might not be resigned is VD or Willis if he wants another big contract.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo whoever comes cheaper, boone or davis, should be resigned. then we draft a guard. barrett jones looks like someone we might be able to grab in the 3rd as our future center.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
imo whoever comes cheaper, boone or davis, should be resigned. then we draft a guard. barrett jones looks like someone we might be able to grab in the 3rd as our future center.

I believe we still have Boone under contract for two years. I wouldn't mind getting him locked up for a 4 year extension.. I think he can be a tad cheaper this year opposed to next years offseason.

In Harbaalke I trust!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we end up drafting a TE early this year VD could become expendable when he comes up.

He opens things up with his physical abilities and works real hard to get the most out of his physical abilities. But he's not a fluid hall of fame type athlete that this offense gravitates around to function at a high level. He'll never mean as much to this offense as Gore did in his prime.

If we have two good WR's, good RB's, and a decent TE Kaep can easily make that work because he'll get the ball to the WR's down field. I'd like to keep VD but we could get by without him if another TE option emerged through the draft that we'd have locked in on the cheap.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the bigger question will be, what do we think of Staley at the time that the Offensive line needs to get paid.

Do we trade Staley and move Davis to LT?

I think Staley will be the guy to hit the road.

:2cents:

Staley probably has the best contract on the team. Plus, hes fairly young still(28 yrs old), a great player, and a great locker room guy.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He certainly opened things up for Delanie, can't even count how many times that wheel route opened up because the safety cheated inside to VD and then Walker had the whole sideline to himself because he already torched the LB. Also draws the safeties out of the middle of the field when he does those seam routes, hmmm, then I guess he literally opens things up in run blocking.