• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you could see leaving via FA

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly opened things up for Delanie, can't even count how many times that wheel route opened up because the safety cheated inside to VD and then Walker had the whole sideline to himself because he already torched the LB. Also draws the safeties out of the middle of the field when he does those seam routes, hmmm, then I guess he literally opens things up in run blocking.

i'd love to see eifert in those situations

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Bowman re-signing, the Niners are not going to be able to keep everyone all of their rising stars long-term IMO. Starting next year, they need to start thinking about replacing a couple of them.

Aldon won't go anywhere. He's the most valuable non-QB on the team at this point. And I think Iupati is a must-keep.

I could live with letting Crabtree and Anthony Davis walk. Crabtree moreso; he's easier to replace IMO.

This is also why I wouldn't be opposed to trading them after the season. I thought the Niners should have traded Bowman in the offseason, but they actually signed him to a pretty reasonable deal considering his level of play.

Tarell Brown is as good as gone after this season IMO.

i could see all of them leaving, so its a matter of who we'll tag?

players know its a business and they have to take care of their future. we fans like to think about 'home town' discounts, but when they get into serious negotiations, odds are they take the money.

this is why drafting is HUGE, the life blood.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can def see Crabtree bolting for more money with how he handled the holdout.

If smith was still qb then I think crabs would leave no question. But now with kap at the helm for good I don't see Crabtree bolting that fast he may actually think about staying.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can def see Crabtree bolting for more money with how he handled the holdout.

If smith was still qb then I think crabs would leave no question. But now with kap at the helm for good I don't see Crabtree bolting that fast he may actually think about staying.

Excellent Points h0ckey

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent Points h0ckey

I think that one of the reasons that Crab with stay is that his relationship to Kap has been like that of VD and Alex, where the QB sees the WR/TE to be the safety valve.

Knowing that you are the man in your QB's eyes may have you thinking twice about bouncing.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that one of the reasons that Crab with stay is that his relationship to Kap has been like that of VD and Alex, where the QB sees the WR/TE to be the safety valve.

Knowing that you are the man in your QB's eyes may have you thinking twice about bouncing.

Then again, it could go to his head and he could think he could be the man anywhere....so what the fuck do I know anyways?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could not agree more and Kap's 'Love' for Crabtree is well documented.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, it could go to his head and he could think he could be the man anywhere....so what the fuck do I know anyways?

Haha! - You could be right about that as well; but, all things considered, being the #1 receiving target on a SB caliber team is not an easy gig to replace.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see them letting VD walk. His deal ends in 2 years.

I wouldn't mind if we up'd his trade value next season then dumped him after the season.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree: As long as his production continues to improve with Kap at QB, Crabtree will probably get tagged once. I am as sure as the rest of ya'll that he'll leave for top dollar as soon as he gets the chance.

Goodwin: We all know that as a player goes up in age, the demand for their services normally goes down. I’d like to see him restructure this year for some cap relief, but if he doesn’t 2013 will be his last big payday. With how the new CBA has been working (very cheap 1-2 year deals for vets), Goodwin could be an option to bring back in 2014.

Iupati: I hope the Niners lock him up to a favorable contract.

Anthony Davis: Gone, but hopefully the 2015 FA market for tackles will be slow like this year’s (i.e. Andre Smith, Vollmer, and even Jake Long took a while to find the deal he wanted). He could be back for a short and affordable contract. I don’t see it happening though.

Boone: If he continues to play as well as he did in 2012, teams will be itching to snatch him up. If the Niner’s want him to stay, they need to extend Boone soon before he becomes a real hot commodity.

Vernon Davis: Depending on how the Niners draft and groom new TE’s in the next few seasons, I can see the situation going one of two ways:
If they develop a TE as effective as Delanie Walker was, VD will be let loose to test FA.
If they don’t have a suitable replacement half as good as VD, I think the Niners will get a nice hometown discount in that VD will not bend the team backwards in order to resign him.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably means that Kap connects with VD more often and inflates VD's stats?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stat padding.

ok, and they should make a little more use of him anyway? not saying make him a focal point, but a little more looks than last season.

with Kap starting from game 1, will this help VD? with Walker leaving, this help a little?

maybe GR might not need to 'purposely' stat pad?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, and they should make a little more use of him anyway? not saying make him a focal point, but a little more looks than last season.

with Kap starting from game 1, will this help VD? with Walker leaving, this help a little?

maybe GR might not need to 'purposely' stat pad?

Well, it is worth noting that losing Walker could mean more blocking assignments for Davis just as easily as it could mean more receiving opportunities.

However, letting Walker go tells me that Celek is ready to take the next step which means Davis' role could be nearly identical to what it was last year. If Baalke wants to deal Davis then G-Ro calling 85 a little more and 15 a little less would be considered very common.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't see any of them leaving. Davis will have a modest salary, Iupati will get a good market value but won't break us. Kaep an Aldon are both going to command a buttload of money but we can do it.

The only one I'm worried about is Crabtree, I'm hoping he'll want to resume his career with us intsead of attempting to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.

We will have massive cap space coming up so these deals will be doable. Think about Flacco's contract, he has such a huge number yet such a tiny cap number this year, that just shows that it is possible to structue these things to give you cap relief in certain years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, it is worth noting that losing Walker could mean more blocking assignments for Davis just as easily as it could mean more receiving opportunities.

However, letting Walker go tells me that Celek is ready to take the next step which means Davis' role could be nearly identical to what it was last year. If Baalke wants to deal Davis then G-Ro calling 85 a little more and 15 a little less would be considered very common.

but the type of blocking VD was assigned, versus Walker, were a little different? Davis does it more from the TE spot, Walker more from motion.

anyways, would be a shame if we made VD block even MORE than he has?

Celek might pick up a little receiving stats from Walker, but does he have the versatility when you include blocking? so IMO Celek isn't replacing Walker.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually don't see any of them leaving. Davis will have a modest salary, Iupati will get a good market value but won't break us. Kaep an Aldon are both going to command a buttload of money but we can do it.

The only one I'm worried about is Crabtree, I'm hoping he'll want to resume his career with us intsead of attempting to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.

We will have massive cap space coming up so these deals will be doable. Think about Flacco's contract, he has such a huge number yet such a tiny cap number this year, that just shows that it is possible to structue these things to give you cap relief in certain years.

but we already have guys extended to these same years too?

yes, you MIGHT manage a small cap hit from a big contract.....one year, but those big numbers will always be pressuring the cap aferward.

we can't help but lose good players every year, thats the way it is. other teams go thru the same thing and they have less good players than we do?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the type of blocking VD was assigned, versus Walker, were a little different? Davis does it more from the TE spot, Walker more from motion.

anyways, would be a shame if we made VD block even MORE than he has?

Celek might pick up a little receiving stats from Walker, but does he have the versatility when you include blocking? so IMO Celek isn't replacing Walker.

You're thinking personnel when you should be thinking assignment - If Celek can't take over Walkers blocking/route assignments then either Davis or ? has to. And if Celek is elevated to the 46 then, barring another TE bumping him, he absolutely would be replacing Walker.