• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you could see leaving via FA

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're thinking personnel when you should be thinking assignment - If Celek can't take over Walkers blocking/route assignments then either Davis or ? has to. And if Celek is elevated to the 46 then, barring another TE bumping him, he absolutely would be replacing Walker.

this is fine by itself, but this isn't what you intended above?

anyways, i was only asking about VD and how you'd make him tradable, i'll leave it here before we go off tangent. :-)

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabs has a similar season to last year then he'll be looking for Wallace/Bowe money at least. If he wants more then that then goodbye. I wonder if he would hold out if he was franchised.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anyways, i was only asking about VD and how you'd make him tradable, i'll leave it here before we go off tangent. :-)

It is precisely what I intended above - I have changed nothing about what I have said and implied. If you are not certain - just ask.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabs has a similar season to last year then he'll be looking for Wallace/Bowe money at least. If he wants more then that then goodbye. I wonder if he would hold out if he was franchised.

The new CBA makes "holding out" a little more painful, but who knows. In any case, I agree, if Crabtree puts up another 1000+ and starts thinking he wears an "S" on his chest - show him the door.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Goodwin, Rogers, and Whitner are eating up $17.5M in cap space.

When those 3 are gone we'll have alot more cap space to resign these key players.

Also Gore is counting $6.5M against the cap. How many years does he have left before he falls off the RB cliff? Not many. Gore will have to take a major hair cut.

Mario Manningham won't be sticking around either for long, and he' still counting $2.8M against the cap.

Finally Boldin counts $6M against the cap. So if he signs on the cheap for a few more years maybe his next deal will count half of that ($3M/year against the cap).

So I think we are in good shape once these expensive guys get off the books.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Goodwin, Rogers, and Whitner are eating up $17.5M in cap space.

When those 3 are gone we'll have alot more cap space to resign these key players.

Also Gore is counting $6.5M against the cap. How many years does he have left before he falls off the RB cliff? Not many. Gore will have to take a major hair cut.

Mario Manningham won't be sticking around either for long, and he' still counting $2.8M against the cap.

Finally Boldin counts $6M against the cap. So if he signs on the cheap for a few more years maybe his next deal will count half of that ($3M/year against the cap).

So I think we are in good shape once these expensive guys get off the books.

I think the FO values Manningham a lot more than some realize. I think he will be a great asset for us for a long time. Perfect slot player/#2 and could theoretically play for 10 more years.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Manningham only have one more year left on this deal? I thought he signed a 2 year deal and not a 3 year deal....

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought it was a three yr.. could be completely wrong though

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup, bro'? Why isn't it draft time, yet?!

Sup, Bro'? Draft time is near and with Eleventeen Hundred picks I expect to beat the AFC team & the refs on 2/2/2014 and bring home the Lombardi!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking personnel when you should be thinking assignment - If Celek can't take over Walkers blocking/route assignments then either Davis or ? has to. And if Celek is elevated to the 46 then, barring another TE bumping him, he absolutely would be replacing Walker.

It is precisely what I intended above - I have changed nothing about what I have said and implied. If you are not certain - just ask.

i did remember? :-)

Here is the string Deep - As you can see your comments seem to be disjointed, but I'll assume I'm the one missing something and ask again what you meant by claiming I changed my position and saying "[you] did remember"

Again I'm honestly asking you - after-all I have always answered your questions as far as I know - Thanks

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup, Bro'? Draft time is near and with Eleventeen Hundred picks I expect to beat the AFC team & the refs on 2/2/2014 and bring home the Lombardi!

Sure hope that is how it plays out. I still can't bear to watch the DVR of the SB...maybe next month I can.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope that is how it plays out. I still can't bear to watch the DVR of the SB...maybe next month I can.

I kind of had to watch it again, and again, and again - I've seen it four times now (live plus three studies) and it doesn't get easier or better let me tell ya.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Two yrs for Manningham it is, I do stand properly corrected.. I personally think he could be good in this offense.. It wouldnt surprise me if they sign him cheap for a cpl more yrs if he regains form after the injury recovery

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is the string Deep - As you can see your comments seem to be disjointed, but I'll assume I'm the one missing something and ask again what you meant by claiming I changed my position and saying "[you] did remember"

Again I'm honestly asking you - after-all I have always answered your questions as far as I know - Thanks

Well, it is worth noting that losing Walker could mean more blocking assignments for Davis just as easily as it could mean more receiving opportunities.

However, letting Walker go tells me that Celek is ready to take the next step which means Davis' role could be nearly identical to what it was last year. If Baalke wants to deal Davis then G-Ro calling 85 a little more and 15 a little less would be considered very common.

Bem - i TRY to leave thngs earlier now before it gets 'out of hand', but i believe you're asking straight up here. so just a quick explanation.....in your post above in bold, you say Davis remains in the 'identical' role.

if you read your post #40, you then post about personnel changing roles? so when i posted "your position changed", i was referring to..........first you said same role, then a few posts later, said they'll change roles.

now if I read this in a "disjointed" way, then MY bad, but lets not argue over this. :-)