• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players who need to go this offseason

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you go with a raw rookie backing up Wilson, but Jackson has barely played the last couple of years so he's a question also, can he still cut it? I suggest B. J. Daniels, if he gets cut from the Texans and I think there's a chance that could happen. I'd feel comfortable with him as back up, knows the system, played in the system and is more like Wilson then Jackson IMO.
For whatever reason though, Pete has chosen TJ over anyone else as the #2.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason though, Pete has chosen TJ over anyone else as the #2.
TJ has been a great fit as back up, but he's 32 and B.J. Daniels also knows the offense, is young and cheap.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ has been a great fit as back up, but he's 32 and B.J. Daniels also knows the offense, is young and cheap.

Having a good backup QB is important, but in reality if Russell Wilson goes down it is unlikely that TJ or any other backup QB would be able to save the season. I'm in favor of going with a cheaper option there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't the savings kinda' negligible? The team could save as much or more by cutting Jon Ryan and signing a rookie deal punter.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a good backup QB is important, but in reality if Russell Wilson goes down it is unlikely that TJ or any other backup QB would be able to save the season. I'm in favor of going with a cheaper option there.

Not all injuries are season ending. If Wilson goes down (knock on wood) for a month or so, you just want someone who won't make dumb decisions and lose you games on his own. A.500 QB is about the best you can ask for. And that's what TJ brings that a rookie or udfa scraps most likely won't.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all injuries are season ending. If Wilson goes down (knock on wood) for a month or so, you just want someone who won't make dumb decisions and lose you games on his own. A.500 QB is about the best you can ask for. And that's what TJ brings that a rookie or udfa scraps most likely won't.
I agree with this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd qualify that by saying that is what TJ has brought to the table thus far. There comes a point that may not be true and it's really hard to know when that point has arrived because he barely see's the field. If he hasn't reached that point yet, surely he will soon. Which is why I think B. J. Daniels is the right QB going forward.......if he's available. I've been impressed with his play in preseason, he's put in the time, knows the system, seems to have a similar style to Wilson, is young and inexpensive. Jackson is close to his expiration date and the next guy shouldn't be some raw rookie or someone who hasn't been with the team.