• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players who need to go this offseason

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought there was much chance that Graham would be leaving.
Me neither. Some people did though, and some of those even quite adamant about it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brings me to Jackson. Thank you Jackson for your time and you have been a great team player but it's time to move on. If Wilson gets hurt Jackson is not taking this team any place so you might as well save some money and start grooming a solid Back-up. Maybe they can get B.J. back as ii feel he was the perfect back-up for Wilson. He was so athletic that the coaches wanted so badly to get him on the field that they were converting him to a WR but lets be honest this kid was a solid Back-up QB.
To me Jackson is the perfect backup. A former starter vet who no longer thinks he's anything more than a backup, and he's a guy who the other veterans respect as someone who'll come in and give it everything he has. Isn't going to cost much. Doesn't need "grooming." A project is a good idea as a third QB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Jackson is the perfect backup. A former starter vet who no longer thinks he's anything more than a backup, and he's a guy who the other veterans respect as someone who'll come in and give it everything he has. Isn't going to cost much. Doesn't need "grooming." A project is a good idea as a third QB.

1.5 mill compared to 300,000 to 400,000 isn't that much? See the thing is if Jackson plays we are not going any place so you might as well give that playing time to someone you can groom. If he looks good then people will be calling you for trade offers. That's a bonus, turning a back-up QB into a 3rd round pick in a trade? yes please.

would never happen with Jackson.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that if get strapped for cash then reworking Graham's deal by paying him bonus money to spread his cap hit across the length of his deal certainly seems to be a good option. Graham certainly wouldn't mind the guaranteed money.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham needs to stay, The team was starting to click BEFORE he got hurt. People thinking that they got better when he left are connecting the dots because it's the simplest way. They do not look at his production in the game and a half before he got hurt. The Offense was coming alive WITH Graham and just continued with out him. It didn't click because he was not out there lmao.

Okung, gone i hope. yes i know we would then need a new LT and those are hard to come by but heck the amount of time he misses anyway you might as well move on.

Mebane is a tough one but it's time to move on. No need to resign someone who is in a sharp decline and whose best years are behind him. Keep Rubin to replace Mebane full time, he might have 2 years left in him.

Lynch if he comes back next season i am fine with it. Him and Rawls would be a good one two punch and he pretty much got to rest all this year. Should be pretty fresh next season.

Kearse i am iffy about. He is a middle of the pack WR nothing special or great just a solid worker. If they let Kearse walk then they will need to find a big body WR to take his place so that means in my eyes a 3rd or 4th round pick. Can the Hawks afford to pick WR when they have SO MANY HOLES on the oline? hmm i think not.

We need to keep our LB core together ( Wright, Irvin, Wagner ) These guys make up one of the better LBing cores in the NFL. Wright and Irvin are so very versatile also with Irvin being a solid to great Pass rusher on passing downs. The speed of Wagner and Irvin is top notch also Wright not so much but he isn't slow.

Michael had a rebirth here but is he better than Rawls? no. is he better than a aging Lynch? no. If Lynch comes back then i just don't see how they can keep Michael because he isn't what you would call a 3rd down back.

Tukuafu can be let go. He is a big strong guy but when throwing a block he sometimes tries to avoid the first guy ( Defensive skill set coming back to bite him ). He also has zero talent running the ball. Coleman is just as good a blocker but a better player with the ball in his hands, he just isn't a mountain of a man like Tukuafu.

This brings me to Jackson. Thank you Jackson for your time and you have been a great team player but it's time to move on. If Wilson gets hurt Jackson is not taking this team any place so you might as well save some money and start grooming a solid Back-up. Maybe they can get B.J. back as ii feel he was the perfect back-up for Wilson. He was so athletic that the coaches wanted so badly to get him on the field that they were converting him to a WR but lets be honest this kid was a solid Back-up QB.

Thats my two cents. I do not expect many if any to agree with me but i don't care as opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one lol.

Note that the DA is going to press charges against Coleman for the DUI charge. For that reason I think he is gone.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.5 mill compared to 300,000 to 400,000 isn't that much? See the thing is if Jackson plays we are not going any place so you might as well give that playing time to someone you can groom. If he looks good then people will be calling you for trade offers. That's a bonus, turning a back-up QB into a 3rd round pick in a trade? yes please.

would never happen with Jackson.
1.5M is less than 1/53 of the cap. Jackson can come in for a short period of time and not screw it all up due to his experience. Wouldnt be the case if we have some rookie back there. Just like every other team with a top quality QB, we are in bad shape if our guy goes down long term no matter who we have as a backup.

I guess we have totally different ideas about what a backup QB looks like.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is a sub .500 QB and that is not going to improve. Some times you have to move on and for cheaper i would say that time is now. The hawks traded Jackson away so they too know it's past that time. But he is like a ugly mole that just keeps coming back after it's been removed lol.

I like Jackson and think he is a undervalued player but it's time to move on. Just like they moved on from a MUCH BETTER QB in Hasselbeck. Jackson is not the spry young man he once was, he is not going to be able to avoid the pressure our POS oline allows through and will hurt the team more than anything. Who cares if players love him. They will be the first to tell you when it's pay day that the NFL is a "Business"

A Back-up QB should be able to win 50% or greater games when thrown onto a team like the Hawks not someone who would Might win 50% but most likely not.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is a sub .500 QB and that is not going to improve. Some times you have to move on and for cheaper i would say that time is now. The hawks traded Jackson away so they too know it's past that time. But he is like a ugly mole that just keeps coming back after it's been removed lol.

I like Jackson and think he is a undervalued player but it's time to move on. Just like they moved on from a MUCH BETTER QB in Hasselbeck. Jackson is not the spry young man he once was, he is not going to be able to avoid the pressure our POS oline allows through and will hurt the team more than anything. Who cares if players love him. They will be the first to tell you when it's pay day that the NFL is a "Business"

A Back-up QB should be able to win 50% or greater games when thrown onto a team like the Hawks not someone who would Might win 50% but most likely not.
I think you are wrong regarding TJ.
You were really wrong about Bennett who probably was our best defender last year.
Like you said, they are just opinions.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are wrong regarding TJ.
You were really wrong about Bennett who probably was our best defender last year.
Like you said, they are just opinions.

I was not "really wrong" about Bennett where in the world did you come up with that. Matter of fact in our playoff game him vacating his assignment to do his "own thing" showed up it's ugly head BIG TIME. Then you got the announcers talking about how the coaches allow Bennett to leave his assignment because he is a special player. No they are wrong but just assumed because he does it ALL THE TIME that the coaches allow him to have free reign. Bennett has a ton of success because of the players around him " Like Avril " I think Cliff was our best DE this year because he plays solid "TEAM" football. Bennett plays "Me" Football. Avril is happy with his contract, Bennett thinks he deserves more money when he is being paid well for his production.

Also here is a little stat for you to see what i am getting out. Avril had 9 sacks and Bennett had 10. Avrils sacks = more yards lost, why? because they were pure sacks for the most part and Bennetts was a QB running away from Avril into the pocket and getting cleaned up by Bennett.

Avril makes Bennett look better than he is. Heck Irvin had 5.5 sacks in less than 50% the rushing attempts than Bennett had. Go Figure. lol

Never said Bennett was a bad player what i said is he believes himself a better player than he is and ignores the amount of sacks he gets because of the Stud beside him Named Avril who gets "true" sacks. Bennett is not as good as he "THINKS" he is.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Okung e-mailed all 32 teams to tell them that he's going to have shoulder surgery with an expected recovery time of 5 months. Do you think this, along with the fact that he's serving as his own agent, will make it more likely that the Seahawks re-sign him or do you think it'll be the thing that gets them to decide to move on from him?

Report: Seahawks' Russell Okung tells teams he's having shoulder surgery

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's a player just doing what a agent would do. The fact that it's the player doing it is the news. Had he had an agent who did this it wouldn't even be news.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's a player just doing what a agent would do. The fact that it's the player doing it is the news. Had he had an agent who did this it wouldn't even be news.

But do you think the fact that he's having surgery and doesn't expect to be ready until around July will make the Seahawks more or less interested in re-signing him? I only added the fact that he's his own agent because I think it might give the team the advantage in negotiations should his surgery not be the final straw for them in terms of having interest in re-signing him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the fact he is often injured will make many clubs think twice about signing him. He averages 12 games a year and has never played a full 16. I believe these are stats teams will look at more than anything. He is a average LT with below average health, at one time he was looked at as a stud LT then Cable came to Seattle and he has never been even close to a top tier LT since.

My take is he will get offered a good contract from some team with a Injury clause in it that will protect them and also make it hard for the Hawks to even come close to matching. Just my take.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, the team has until early March to sign Okung without any other team being able to contact him. Contact prior to that would be tampering.
My gut feeling is the team speaks high of Russell as he walks away. It will be a mutual parting as I think the Hawks roll the dice a little more on the OL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you think the fact that he's having surgery and doesn't expect to be ready until around July will make the Seahawks more or less interested in re-signing him? I only added the fact that he's his own agent because I think it might give the team the advantage in negotiations should his surgery not be the final straw for them in terms of having interest in re-signing him.
I think that matters a lot, but he should be able to play before too long.
I don't think he gets quite as much as he would without the injury.
I think Seattle signs him only if he becomes a value play, which I don't see happening.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think his record as a starter is relevant when we are not asking him to fill that role. And the "the hawks know it's past that time" stuff is bunk because they brought him back to the team! Did they forget?

You probably could find a cheaper backup though, I guess. And what you're going to get for that is someone with ZERO experience. Backup QBs get next to no reps during the week. Match that up with zero experience, and you're talking about someone who won't really be able to function if they have to come in for a series or a quarter cold off the bench. That's why I think it's smart to have a vet like TJax as a backup and then a greenhorn project as your 3rd guy if you fancy someone who hasn't played the position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his record as a starter is relevant when we are not asking him to fill that role. And the "the hawks know it's past that time" stuff is bunk because they brought him back to the team! Did they forget?

You probably could find a cheaper backup though, I guess. And what you're going to get for that is someone with ZERO experience. Backup QBs get next to no reps during the week. Match that up with zero experience, and you're talking about someone who won't really be able to function if they have to come in for a series or a quarter cold off the bench. That's why I think it's smart to have a vet like TJax as a backup and then a greenhorn project as your 3rd guy if you fancy someone who hasn't played the position.

No way you go with a raw rookie backing up Wilson, but Jackson has barely played the last couple of years so he's a question also, can he still cut it? I suggest B. J. Daniels, if he gets cut from the Texans and I think there's a chance that could happen. I'd feel comfortable with him as back up, knows the system, played in the system and is more like Wilson then Jackson IMO.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you go with a raw rookie backing up Wilson, but Jackson has barely played the last couple of years so he's a question also, can he still cut it? I suggest B. J. Daniels, if he gets cut from the Texans and I think there's a chance that could happen. I'd feel comfortable with him as back up, knows the system, played in the system and is more like Wilson then Jackson IMO.

Personally, I have wanted to see Chuckie Keeton come to Seattle for years - and with his recent injury history he should be an UDFA.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have wanted to see Chuckie Keeton come to Seattle for years - and with his recent injury history he should be an UDFA.

Looks interesting, but obviously won't be experienced in the Seahawks offense and would not be a replacement for Jackson. Maybe a PS player?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks interesting, but obviously won't be experienced in the Seahawks offense and would not be a replacement for Jackson. Maybe a PS player?

I honestly don't know right now. He could come in and earn the back up spot as a rookie - a la Russell Wilson - or he could be a PS player as he gets acclimated. The only thing I can truly say about him at this point is that he has the worst injury luck I've ever seen. In 5 collegiate seasons - 4 of them ended with a season ending injury.