• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players who need to go this offseason

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some don't get Graham is not a fit. He'll keep getting hurt on a team like this and he will not consistently produce if he is not fed the ball. He's showed his immaturity also by not being a class act after the saints traded him. It should be obvious the offense played better without him. Russell plays better without elite weapons.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't get it. You really think he just jumps up and catches anything.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell plays better without elite weapons.

Heh.

I think that fits perfectly in that whole correlation/causation dichotomy area.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering what you think the Seahawks should do about replacing him? A rookie at LT or move Gilliam ( which I believe the plan is) ? Neither sound like it would result in a good OL, at least not likely.

They need to explore all of their options, including trying to re-sign him, with the franchise tag being a last resort. If they come to the conclusion after doing their due diligence that franchising him is the right move, that's fine, but they shouldn't give him top 5 left tackle money unless they absolutely feel like it's their best option. Looking in-house and going through the draft aren't their only options besides franchising him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to explore all of their options, including trying to re-sign him, with the franchise tag being a last resort. If they come to the conclusion after doing their due diligence that franchising him is the right move, that's fine, but they shouldn't give him top 5 left tackle money unless they absolutely feel like it's their best option. Looking in-house and going through the draft aren't their only options besides franchising him.

Well I can agree with that line of thinking. IMO the best thing that can happen is to resign him without to long of a commitment, then in addition look at all avenues to add competition for the position. The OL needs to be improved, for sure. Need some players who ceiling is higher then solid vet. Right now the closes thing to that is Okung :eek: that needs to change.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Schneider this morning on 710 AM, Schneider said that Graham will be back next season, so that is one name can scratch off of this list. The poster may not want him to come back, but coming back he is.

Schneider also said that Lynch is leaning toward retirement but the final decision has not yet been made.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Schneider this morning on 710 AM, Schneider said that Graham will be back next season, so that is one name can scratch off of this list. The poster may not want him to come back, but coming back he is.

Schneider also said that Lynch is leaning toward retirement but the final decision has not yet been made.
Heard the interview and agree they plan to bring him back. However I add a but, if the right trade offer came along I do think they would consider it.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the interview and agree they plan to bring him back. However I add a but, if the right trade offer came along I do think they would consider it.
Yep. Schneider isn't afraid of trading.

The fact that a decision on Graham has already been made, combined with their belief that Lynch will retire, makes me wonder if maybe they are ready to move on to a more pass-heavy offense. They saw Graham for 11 games and got a front row seat to how well he blocks in running situations, and they still want him here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Schneider isn't afraid of trading.

The fact that a decision on Graham has already been made, combined with their belief that Lynch will retire, makes me wonder if maybe they are ready to move on to a more pass-heavy offense. They saw Graham for 11 games and got a front row seat to how well he blocks in running situations, and they still want him here.

Think that depends how Rawl does, if he comes back and looks like he did last year, then nothing changes, if not they may be forced to go more pass heavy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go pass heavy? Wilson obviously can do it, we just need better protection for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go pass heavy? Wilson obviously can do it, we just need better protection for him.
Pass heavy means more time on the field for the defense most likely, which isn't a good thing. I rather see a balance myself.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah were keeping Graham .... And Rubin was a huge reason we were ranked #1 vs the Run... YOU keep a guy like that....
Agree. Rubin shouldn't be expensive to resign and Graham is coming back barring a trade.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Hawks necessarily have to pass more on offense than they already do, even if Rawls isn't quite as good as he was in his fairly limited playing time this year. As long as they have an offensive line that plays more like it did in the second half of the season than in the first half and as long as Wilson continues to get the ball out of his hand as fast as he did in the second half of the season, his improvement from inside the pocket adds to the variety of ways they can use the pass even if they don't increase the number of pass plays they call. Teams can no longer say "If we can keep this guy in the pocket, we can limit what they can do on offense".

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse talking about no home town discount. Irvin saying he'll accept a little less to stay. To me it means Kearse wants to stay and Irvin wants to chase the money. "I won't give a home town discount" is intended to tease the best possible offer out of Seattle. "I'll take a little less than I can get elsewhere" is intended to drive up offers from other teams to price Seattle out of the market. Just my interpretation.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to both Carroll & Schneider interviews this week, I would be shocked to not see Graham back here next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought there was much chance that Graham would be leaving.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass heavy means more time on the field for the defense most likely, which isn't a good thing. I rather see a balance myself.
I don't know if that is factually correct. 'Time of possession' can be a faulty statistic in some situations. An offense that passes a lot but has 12-18 incomplete passes throughout game, like most pass-heavy offenses tend to have, will stop the clock a lot when they are on the field. If you have a pass-heavy offense playing against a run-heavy offense, 'time of possession' becomes a very unreliable statistic.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought there was much chance that Graham would be leaving.

I did. I figured the chances were about 50-50. I'm surprised the decision on him has been made so quickly. I'm not disappointed, but I do think that they need to tweak their offensive philosophy a bit if they are going to continue to use him. If he is going to be in on 80% of the first three downs, then he either needs to start blocking better, or they need to start running less, or they needs to design runs to where his blocking effectiveness is not necessary.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham needs to stay, The team was starting to click BEFORE he got hurt. People thinking that they got better when he left are connecting the dots because it's the simplest way. They do not look at his production in the game and a half before he got hurt. The Offense was coming alive WITH Graham and just continued with out him. It didn't click because he was not out there lmao.

Okung, gone i hope. yes i know we would then need a new LT and those are hard to come by but heck the amount of time he misses anyway you might as well move on.

Mebane is a tough one but it's time to move on. No need to resign someone who is in a sharp decline and whose best years are behind him. Keep Rubin to replace Mebane full time, he might have 2 years left in him.

Lynch if he comes back next season i am fine with it. Him and Rawls would be a good one two punch and he pretty much got to rest all this year. Should be pretty fresh next season.

Kearse i am iffy about. He is a middle of the pack WR nothing special or great just a solid worker. If they let Kearse walk then they will need to find a big body WR to take his place so that means in my eyes a 3rd or 4th round pick. Can the Hawks afford to pick WR when they have SO MANY HOLES on the oline? hmm i think not.

We need to keep our LB core together ( Wright, Irvin, Wagner ) These guys make up one of the better LBing cores in the NFL. Wright and Irvin are so very versatile also with Irvin being a solid to great Pass rusher on passing downs. The speed of Wagner and Irvin is top notch also Wright not so much but he isn't slow.

Michael had a rebirth here but is he better than Rawls? no. is he better than a aging Lynch? no. If Lynch comes back then i just don't see how they can keep Michael because he isn't what you would call a 3rd down back.

Tukuafu can be let go. He is a big strong guy but when throwing a block he sometimes tries to avoid the first guy ( Defensive skill set coming back to bite him ). He also has zero talent running the ball. Coleman is just as good a blocker but a better player with the ball in his hands, he just isn't a mountain of a man like Tukuafu.

This brings me to Jackson. Thank you Jackson for your time and you have been a great team player but it's time to move on. If Wilson gets hurt Jackson is not taking this team any place so you might as well save some money and start grooming a solid Back-up. Maybe they can get B.J. back as ii feel he was the perfect back-up for Wilson. He was so athletic that the coaches wanted so badly to get him on the field that they were converting him to a WR but lets be honest this kid was a solid Back-up QB.

Thats my two cents. I do not expect many if any to agree with me but i don't care as opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the radio today and they were talking about Grahams injury. Seems that injury ( torn patellar ) takes a long time to heal. Victor Cruz still hasn't made it back with that injury, Mmmm makes me wonder.