• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players who need to go this offseason

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've already done so, learn to read.

Yeah, your rubber stamp answer earlier is pure.BS. written by a butt hurt fan. Sober up or if you are sober, hit the bottle. Sleep it off and re-post with something that holds a shred of credibility. I am done with this thread.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet i'm still waiting for you to tell me a single player on that list who doesn't belong on it. your posts are irrelevant until you can do so.

Kearse. He is a WR who has the bigplay ability

That is why your post is irrelevant

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not have a serious discussion about this.

Graham's due 9 million but we can release him with zero cap hit. Do you cut him? The offense performed better without him
Kam: do you renegotiate? You can call the people who don't want to haters but he's got 2 years left on his deal and it's stupid to negotiate before the last year of a deal because it opens a door you don't want to open. And he didn't even play well this season. If they aren't going to renegotiate then why risk another stupid, selfish holdout.
Okung: He's solid when he's in there but he's not reliable. What to you with him given how thin the line is?
Richard: is anybody really happy with his handling of the defense? The points are low, but we run a slow tempo offense and they've been giving up long, time consuming drives and have fallen apart at the end multiple times this season. Under Quinn they were more basic and more aggressive. Come on, what the fuck was with all the zone coverage this season? It makes them look average.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the previous two d-coordinators ran a lot of zone too.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fun read.

I know this isn't the finish you all wanted but the Hawks are going to be a good team again next year.

Here's to hoping for a good season from the Mariners! :suds:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch
Graham
Kam
Okung
Wright
Rubin
Kearse
Jackson
Michael
Tukuafu

Graham: With the injury factor and a $9 million dollar cap hit it is possible that he could be cut. There is no dead money so it would cost the team nothing. Still, he is a serious athlete who creates big mismatch problems.
Bottomline: If injury recovery seems unlikely and the cap gets tight then he could be cut but if there is money available then there is no reason not to keep him for another year to see how it goes.

Kam: With a $6.1 million dollar cap hit and only $2 million in dead money it would be an immediate cost savings but the Seahawks hold the cards with 2 more years on the deal. He caused issues with his stupidily planned hold out last year and came back often to play subpar with making numerous mistakes in his coverage duties and not being the big hit player he was in years before.
Bottomline: Won't be cut. If he is not on the team next year than it will be via trade.

Okung:Injury prone and has never lived up to his one all-pro year. Still one of the better OL players the Seahawks have (a rather pathetic statement). Currently an UFA so there is no cap hit to let him walk. Is going to negotiate his own contract this offseason.
Bottomline: I don't expect him to be resigned unless he decides to take a discount to come back. This will only happen if his shoulder injury yesterday was serious. Basically no chance he will be a Seahawk next year.

Wright: $6.25 million cap hit an $2 million in dead money. Solid player who fills a need.
Bottomline: Not going anywhere. Don't know why you would even suggest him.

Rubin: Played solid as a run-stopping DT this year under a relatively cheap contract $2.6 million). With his deal up he is an UFA.
Bottomline: With Mebane's contract also up and his future in question (I hope he comes back with a lesser cap hit), the Seahawks should push to resign Rubin. Unless some team offers him a big deal I expect him to be back next year.

Kearse: His contract is also up so no cap hit if he walks. Big play guy but he is a bit inconsistant.
Bottomline: Seahawks should try to resign him if the price is right. He is a local guy so I could see it happening. I hope they do as Lockett, Baldwin, Kearse is a pretty decent WR corp.

Jackson: Fred or TJack? I will assume that you are referring to Fred but both deals are up.
Bottomline: Fred was solid for his small deal this year. Wouldn't mind him coming back on the cheap but he is easily replaceable. TJack is a good back up QB who is also rather cheap. Wouldn't mind him back either.

Micheals: Played much better in his return but still not great. If Marshawn is gone he could come back to break Rawls but I wouldn't be too broken up if he walked.
Bottomline: Eh. He could be replaced in the draft or FA but if he takes the minimum then it could work.

Tukuafu: Another contract that is up so no cap hit to let him walk.
Bottomeline: Would mind him returning. His versatility makes him a lttle valuable and he is a good lead blocker.

No talk of Lynch or Irvin here?

Lynch: $11.5 million cap hit with a $5 million in dead money. His attitude is always a question.
Bottomline: Could easily retire. I would say only about a 25% he returns next year. If he is gone it is a $6.5 million in cap savings.

Irvin: Played well this year in a contract year. But he is a great athlete who has had a tendancy to make really stupid mistakes in the past.
Bottomline: I can't see a scenerio where he would return. Someone will overpay for him.

Really not a lot of other main players not under contract. Shead's contract is up and should be resigned. Morgan is another. Lockette could fall under this catagory if he can even play again (which is questionable).

Lane
is possibly the biggest MUST resign at this point IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Burley back. Also Helfet, Dobbs, and Bailey are on the list of guys I wouldn't mind seeing back for another year. Maybe Sweezy on the cheap.

We have over $30 million in cap at the moment. This could expand to over $45 pending decisions on the likes of Graham and Lynch. Very few major holes to fill. Irvin, Okung, Mebane, Lane, Sweezy, and Rubin are the only true starter/rotation roles that are currently not filled and some of those could return.

Almost forgot Jon Ryan is a FA, but I do expect him back on a 3 year or so deal.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list is ridiculous why would we cut Kam when he is under contract? why would we cut Jimmy Graham when we already invested a #1 pick for him? Why should we cut KJ Wright? I think we can all agree that pete, john and the rest of the coaching staff are pretty good at finding talent but that doesn't mean we can start cutting good players left and right like chip Kelly

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright and Rubin being on your list is ridiculous. Wright had arguably his best year for us and you could make an argument that Rubin was our best run defender and was the reason why our run was outstanding this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Richards first year. He had injuries and holdouts to deal with and still led the top scoring defense. But hes gotta go? Gtfo with that. Does he have a lot to learn? Certainly. Is there room to improve? Definitely. How about appreciating the good and moving forward with it instead of focusing on the negatives and calling for him to go? What if the next guy leads the league in scoring but doesnt make it to the SB? Gonna fire him too?

Coaches are just like players. They learn year to year, and can develop and improve. You dont just go firing any first year coordinator because things didnt go perfectly.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch, mebane, and okung are the ones i see being gone for sure. The rest will stay unless we can come up with better replacements.

And i dont know why anyone wants to dump graham, he can make our offense better, losing him had nothing to do with our O improving.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i dont know why anyone wants to dump graham, he can make our offense better, losing him had nothing to do with our O improving.

He was having a very good game right before he went down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,509.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham: With the injury factor and a $9 million dollar cap hit it is possible that he could be cut. There is no dead money so it would cost the team nothing. Still, he is a serious athlete who creates big mismatch problems.
Bottomline: If injury recovery seems unlikely and the cap gets tight then he could be cut but if there is money available then there is no reason not to keep him for another year to see how it goes.

Kam: With a $6.1 million dollar cap hit and only $2 million in dead money it would be an immediate cost savings but the Seahawks hold the cards with 2 more years on the deal. He caused issues with his stupidily planned hold out last year and came back often to play subpar with making numerous mistakes in his coverage duties and not being the big hit player he was in years before.
Bottomline: Won't be cut. If he is not on the team next year than it will be via trade.

Okung:Injury prone and has never lived up to his one all-pro year. Still one of the better OL players the Seahawks have (a rather pathetic statement). Currently an UFA so there is no cap hit to let him walk. Is going to negotiate his own contract this offseason.
Bottomline: I don't expect him to be resigned unless he decides to take a discount to come back. This will only happen if his shoulder injury yesterday was serious. Basically no chance he will be a Seahawk next year.

Wright: $6.25 million cap hit an $2 million in dead money. Solid player who fills a need.
Bottomline: Not going anywhere. Don't know why you would even suggest him.

Rubin: Played solid as a run-stopping DT this year under a relatively cheap contract $2.6 million). With his deal up he is an UFA.
Bottomline: With Mebane's contract also up and his future in question (I hope he comes back with a lesser cap hit), the Seahawks should push to resign Rubin. Unless some team offers him a big deal I expect him to be back next year.

Kearse: His contract is also up so no cap hit if he walks. Big play guy but he is a bit inconsistant.
Bottomline: Seahawks should try to resign him if the price is right. He is a local guy so I could see it happening. I hope they do as Lockett, Baldwin, Kearse is a pretty decent WR corp.

Jackson: Fred or TJack? I will assume that you are referring to Fred but both deals are up.
Bottomline: Fred was solid for his small deal this year. Wouldn't mind him coming back on the cheap but he is easily replaceable. TJack is a good back up QB who is also rather cheap. Wouldn't mind him back either.

Micheals: Played much better in his return but still not great. If Marshawn is gone he could come back to break Rawls but I wouldn't be too broken up if he walked.
Bottomline: Eh. He could be replaced in the draft or FA but if he takes the minimum then it could work.

Tukuafu: Another contract that is up so no cap hit to let him walk.
Bottomeline: Would mind him returning. His versatility makes him a lttle valuable and he is a good lead blocker.

No talk of Lynch or Irvin here?

Lynch: $11.5 million cap hit with a $5 million in dead money. His attitude is always a question.
Bottomline: Could easily retire. I would say only about a 25% he returns next year. If he is gone it is a $6.5 million in cap savings.

Irvin: Played well this year in a contract year. But he is a great athlete who has had a tendancy to make really stupid mistakes in the past.
Bottomline: I can't see a scenerio where he would return. Someone will overpay for him.

Really not a lot of other main players not under contract. Shead's contract is up and should be resigned. Morgan is another. Lockette could fall under this catagory if he can even play again (which is questionable).

Lane
is possibly the biggest MUST resign at this point IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Burley back. Also Helfet, Dobbs, and Bailey are on the list of guys I wouldn't mind seeing back for another year. Maybe Sweezy on the cheap.

We have over $30 million in cap at the moment. This could expand to over $45 pending decisions on the likes of Graham and Lynch. Very few major holes to fill. Irvin, Okung, Mebane, Lane, Sweezy, and Rubin are the only true starter/rotation roles that are currently not filled and some of those could return.

Almost forgot Jon Ryan is a FA, but I do expect him back on a 3 year or so deal.

Very nice recap... I wonder if we'll put a franchise tag on either Okung or Sweezy to buy us another year while we figure out the OL... I would prefer to sign Sweezy to a new contract... He's been a solid player who continues to improve... He's our toughness on that OL..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch
Graham
Kam
Okung
Wright
Rubin
Kearse
Jackson
Michael
Tukuafu
Lunch? Sure, he's 30. Time to part ways. But there is no other reason otherwise. Not concerned about his attitude or any of that other bullshit. His teammates never says anything negative about him and the media never says anything positive about him. Considering that he does not talk to the media, should this surprise anyone?

Graham? Yeah, I hope Graham goes. I have nothing against Graham and have no reason to believe he is a negative presence on the team or in the locker room. But elite, high-profile receivers have just not worked out in the Russell Wilson era. Sidney Rice was a good guy, but it didn't work out with him, even when he was healthy. Didn't work out with Percy Harvin and now it has not worked out with Jimmie Graham. Sure, Jimmie had a couple of good games. But for the most part, he wasn't the difference maker we were hoping for. I wish him well going forward but I think both he and the team would both be better off if he was somewhere else next season.

Kam? Yeah, I think it is time to part company with him too. He only missed one game his first four years and has now missed 7 (5 from injuries) in his last two years. This could be where he is trending. I'm also wondering if his contract status has affected his play? Early in the season when opposing tight ends were torching our secondary, a lot of that was on Chancellor. Something tells me that his heart isn't in it to the extent that it was previously.

Okung? I guess it will all depend on how much they think he is worth compared to what type of offers he gets on the open market. We can't throw too much money at him but if the dollars are right, I hope he stays.

Wright? I have no idea why he is on your list. You are the only guy who posts here who has a problem with Wright.

Rubin? Don't know. He hasn't been on my radar long enough to give an informed opinion.

Kearse? Again, it will depend on how much they have to pay him. But, I like Kearse. I hope he stays.

Jackson? He was brought in to be a third down back. I'd like to see them find a younger third down back who they have more confidence in. He played 18 games and only had 55 touches. He's turning 35 next month.

Michael? Michael seemed like a re-born football player after he won the starting RB spot over Bryce Brown and DuJuan Harris. But if Rawls is healthy next summer, Michael isn't going to beat Rawls in a head-to-head competition. So I guess the question is, will Michael remain the motivated and commited player in a part time role? Considering he was cut by three teams last year, the skeptic in says no.

Tukuafu? No reason to part ways with him. He isn't asks to do much and any replacement we might bring in would not be asked to do much either, so why replace him?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham? Yeah, I hope Graham goes. I have nothing against Graham and have no reason to believe he is a negative presence on the team or in the locker room. But elite, high-profile receivers have just not worked out in the Russell Wilson era. Sidney Rice was a good guy, but it didn't work out with him, even when he was healthy. Didn't work out with Percy Harvin and now it has not worked out with Jimmie Graham. Sure, Jimmie had a couple of good games. But for the most part, he wasn't the difference maker we were hoping for. I wish him well going forward but I think both he and the team would both be better off if he was somewhere else next season.

I don't think we have seen enough of Graham to decide his worth on this team. I mean people like to point out that he wasn't lighting it up on the score sheet, but then again nobody in our receiving corp was doing anything for those first 6 or 7 games. Graham was still on pace for around 900 yards but then he got hurt. I just wonder what JG could have been like when Wilson caught fire for the last 8 games. That might have been pretty special. I like the idea of moving on from Lynch and then giving Graham another year to see how he does with the new and improved pocket-passer Wilson.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,509.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting takes on Kam... Curious to see how the offseason is handled with him leading up to training camp... If anything, he did not play at a Pro Bowl level this year... A glaring weakness that was exposed quite a bit this year was his pass coverage, mainly on TE's...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like Kam to stay. He had a sub-par season for sure. However, if he threatens another hold out, dump his ass.