• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is smarter than them collectively, and he has already all but assured they do the exact opposite next time. There can't be anyone out there with more than half a brain cell who thinks the commissioner should have absolute power like this. I guarantee you Goodell himself doesn't think he "should" be able to unilaterally do anything he wants. But he's going to continue doing it to really hammer it home to everyone. Nobody will have even half a doubt anymore before he's done.

So come next round of collective bargaining the players will be willing to give up a little more money, maybe play longer seasons with more games. They'll agree to just about anything, as long as Goodell has to give up some of this power. And they'll come away smiling and thinking they won.

He's slimy and dirty, and seemingly a shitty human being. But he's damn good at his job. As long as you agree that his job is to make as much money as possible for the owners.

Agreed on all points. And yes, he will "concede" power but it will cost money. And the owners will reward him with more cash. Dumb players.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic. They wait for the golden child manning to retire before showing any teeth. The report is a joke. It was nothing but a few drug dealers saying that they supply for some nfl player as well to try to get a new customer. It's not even worth considering.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did not mean this to be a "defensive Packer fan" thing, but I completely get how it looks like that. The Packers being involved is the only reason I read it because it appeared in my tailored sports news feed. I really do think this is just the NFL flexing, but I'll go full Pats fan on this. Could be fun.

FUCK ROGER GOODELL! FUCK THE NFL AND FUCK ALL OF YOU!! EVERYONE IS CLEARLY AGAINST US! RAWR!

Heh, that is fun.

Seems you forgot hammerdown. That sumbitch is gonna hound you guys forever. :D

And I am with you on this one, :bullshit:.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic. They wait for the golden child manning to retire before showing any teeth. The report is a joke. It was nothing but a few drug dealers saying that they supply for some nfl player as well to try to get a new customer. It's not even worth considering.

Probably, but when your boss tells you to come into the office because he has some questions...you go into the office and answer the questions. If you don't, you get fired. These guys have contracts and can't be fired, but they can be punished under the rules the NFLPA agreed to. So these few players need to get over themselves and go answer the questions.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you Pats fans can save it b/c this isn't like the Brady case at all.

You're right. The CBA clearly spells out suspensions for PED offenses and a 25k fine for equipment tampering so there really is no comparison.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit on this implication that Goodell is the reason why the league makes money.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit on this implication that Goodell is the reason why the league makes money.

yep

everyone know that Obama is the reason for all that is good in life

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but when your boss tells you to come into the office because he has some questions...you go into the office and answer the questions. If you don't, you get fired. These guys have contracts and can't be fired, but they can be punished under the rules the NFLPA agreed to. So these few players need to get over themselves and go answer the questions.

Can you imagine James Harrison as an employee?

Boss: James, I need to see you in my office.

JH: My ass isn't going to your office. You come to my office if you want to speak to me.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally haven't read the story and could give 2 shits. Anything name Al Jazeer is a fugazee

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Troof.

Jerry is the reason, and so they will put him in the HOF!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine James Harrison as an employee?

Boss: James, I need to see you in my office.

JH: My ass isn't going to your office. You come to my office if you want to speak to me.

I imagine a less funny version and more asshole version of Terry Tate.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Anything name Al Jazeer is a fugazee

"Al Jazeera America offers unbiased, fact-based, in-depth stories of U.S. and international news, including sports, business, lifestyle and investigative journalism" from their website per google

Now Sonny they are just a poor misunderstood news organization that only reported facts as they saw them without any kind of bias. Right?

cough cough :bullshit:bunch of foreign commy bassturds with a agenda thankfully they are no more in the USA tv lineup

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Al Jazeera America offers unbiased, fact-based, in-depth stories of U.S. and international news, including sports, business, lifestyle and investigative journalism" from their website per google

Now Sonny they are just a poor misunderstood news organization that only reported facts as they saw them without any kind of bias. Right?

cough cough :bullshit:bunch of foreign commy bassturds with a agenda thankfully they are no more in the USA tv lineup

A highly clothed/covered-up group of people committing violence...not sure why "Al Jazeera types" wouldn't relate to the NFL :noidea:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A highly clothed/covered-up group of people committing violence...not sure why "Al Jazeera types" wouldn't relate to the NFL :noidea:
Ford that is sickly funny on several dark levels I wont go into :clap:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are valid arguments to be had on both sides.

If the police/FBI asks for you to come in and you are innocent you probably have little to lose if you have reasonable legal representation. We have seen that the NFL doesn't work like that. You can be punished just because they have a gut feeling that you have done something. There is a LOT more to fear about saying the wrong thing or just coming off the wrong way even if you have done absolutely nothing wrong.

There is also the ever present NFLPA battle of precedent and their constant struggle to try and fight the level of power from the league. We don't know if they have been advised to not come in by the union.

We also don't know if the league has any info not made public in that documentary that they have questions about. If not then this is an odd event, but they have done odd things before that defy simple logic.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt guilt or innocence is really at play here...they already test for steroids so that would be the tell all in terms of guilt. More than anything I think the NFL wants to know if they've had any contact with the snitch and if so, what was the reason...why did your name come up in this allegation, etc.

Given that the NFLPA has not responded to this threat of suspension, the CBA apparently gives the league the power to investigate any and all drug related infractions
They should all just say Tom Brady did it!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it should be a quick meeting to discuss it with the 4 players:noidea:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players need to stop acting like petulant children. If they take this to court, they are going to get slapped down again while affirming the NFL's power. Just show up, answer the questions & turnover any requested documents.

Unless of course you are guilty & have something to hide...