• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the report was already recanted and the league very publicly dismissed its claims when giving Peyton Manning the clean slate.

Did you even read the article?

Yes. But Matthews is a total PED junkie so it's not really shocking he's involved. The guy is a poster child for roid and HGH abuse.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at defensive Packers fans. Maybe they should join the oh poor me our team got caught cheating club with the Pats fans. They actually might be able to help each other.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that its stupid considering the league's previous dismissal, but I also think that if the players have nothing to hide then get it over with... The league will look even more stupid than it does now if all the players are acquitted.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at defensive Packers fans. Maybe they should join the oh poor me our team got caught cheating club with the Pats fans. They actually might be able to help each other.

Not as much fun as joining the "my team has sucked for 40+ years club", but I get your drift.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be fun, now that the Brady case is nearly put to rest, Pat fans can jump across the fence and pile on GB.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I agree that if they're innocent, just cooperate and get it over with. BUT...these allegations came out last year. Peyton Manning has been cleared of any repercussions, and no credible evidence has come out indicating there is any legitimacy to this story.

Why did the NFL wait until the middle of preseason to all of a sudden threaten serious repercussions if they don't cooperate. A couple months ago? Why not. But now the players are focusing on the season ahead. Training, working out, and trying to maintain a consistent schedule as they try to maximize their preparations. This is nothing but a major distraction at this point for these players.

I guess if anything though, if anybody says the NFL favors the Packers and will do anything to let them win (I'm looking at you, Bears and Vikings fans), we can all tell them to eat a bag of dicks. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did not mean this to be a "defensive Packer fan" thing, but I completely get how it looks like that. The Packers being involved is the only reason I read it because it appeared in my tailored sports news feed. I really do think this is just the NFL flexing, but I'll go full Pats fan on this. Could be fun.

FUCK ROGER GOODELL! FUCK THE NFL AND FUCK ALL OF YOU!! EVERYONE IS CLEARLY AGAINST US! RAWR!

Heh, that is fun.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did not mean this to be a "defensive Packer fan" thing, but I completely get how it looks like that. The Packers being involved is the only reason I read it because it appeared in my tailored sports news feed. I really do think this is just the NFL flexing, but I'll go full Pats fan on this. Could be fun.

FUCK ROGER GOODELL! FUCK THE NFL AND FUCK ALL OF YOU!! EVERYONE IS CLEARLY AGAINST US! RAWR!

Heh, that is fun.
That was OK, but you didn't go All Pats on us, you forgot to demand video proof.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasvOK, but you didn't go All Pats on us, you forgot to demand video proof.
Crap, you're right. How about I overuse the word "genius" when referring to Mike McCarthy and talk about Rodgers being the GOAT as if it is a given. Will that make up for it?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, you're right. How about I overuse the word "genius" when referring to Mike McCarthy and talk about Rodgers being the GOAT as if it is a given. Will that make up for it?
I think you need to destroy your cell phone if you really want to sell this.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be fun, now that the Brady case is nearly put to rest, Pat fans can jump across the fence and pile on GB.

We'd probably focus on the Cowboys, but that one lucky SB win in 2011 makes Green Bay remotely relevant...... which is more that we can say for Dallas.

Take heart though, your owner isn't isn't going to live forever so you got that goin for ya.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd probably focus on the Cowboys, but that one lucky SB win in 2011 makes Green Bay remotely relevant...... which is more that we can say for Dallas.

Take heart though, your owner isn't isn't going to live forever so you got that goin for ya.

Focusing on the Cowboys won't bother me too much, I've become numb of the pain over the last 20 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I agree that if they're innocent, just cooperate and get it over with. BUT...these allegations came out last year. Peyton Manning has been cleared of any repercussions, and no credible evidence has come out indicating there is any legitimacy to this story.

Why did the NFL wait until the middle of preseason to all of a sudden threaten serious repercussions if they don't cooperate. A couple months ago? Why not. But now the players are focusing on the season ahead. Training, working out, and trying to maintain a consistent schedule as they try to maximize their preparations. This is nothing but a major distraction at this point for these players.

I guess if anything though, if anybody says the NFL favors the Packers and will do anything to let them win (I'm looking at you, Bears and Vikings fans), we can all tell them to eat a bag of dicks. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

While I do agree this whole thing is just kind of crazy the NFL did try a couple of months ago to get these players to cooperate. They started by asking nicely to meet with them and only Manning decided to cooperate. So then they asked a bit more forcefully saying this wasn't optional to which again the players ignored the league. So it has now reached this point where they are having to threaten to suspend them.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the report was bogus, as is what the NFL said when they gave Manning clean slate, then why should the players even be forced to respond to the allegations stemming from this alleged bogus report?

Unless the NFL commissioner is a fucking idiot....

Do we need any more evidence that Roger has no fucking clue what he is doing?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the report was bogus, as is what the NFL said when they gave Manning clean slate, then why should the players even be forced to respond to the allegations stemming from this alleged bogus report?

Unless the NFL commissioner is a fucking idiot....

Do we need any more evidence that Roger has no fucking clue what he is doing?
I agree, but maybe we can force a meltdown with this.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they cleared Manning, did the NFL say that the whole report was bogus... or did they say that the investigation on Manning was bogus???