• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Out to get Brady and the Pats" thing never made a lick of sense........Its never good for any league to go after or take down the golden boy, or "The Face" of their sport.......Nothing about that is good for business

Goodell started his career with the Jets. Biggest rivals, no love lost, Belichick doesn't take the HC there and returns to NE. Mangini goes there to be HC, and not only tries to grab some coaches and players but blows the whistle on the camera, because he was privy to it working as DC for BB. He gives Ray Rice only a 1 game suspension for the assault, but then when the video is shown on TMZ, he changes it to 4. Makes sense to give a player ( "The face" in your words) to a 4 game suspension for equipment violation. When never has a player been suspended 1 game for that, just a 25k fine. Your right Dirt Goodell and Kraft were best friends and all the Pats fans are brainwashed

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell started his career with the Jets. Biggest rivals, no love lost, Belichick doesn't take the HC there and returns to NE. Mangini goes there to be HC, and not only tries to grab some coaches and players but blows the whistle on the camera, because he was privy to it working as DC for BB. He gives Ray Rice only a 1 game suspension for the assault, but then when the video is shown on TMZ, he changes it to 4. Makes sense to give a player ( "The face" in your words) to a 4 game suspension for equipment violation. When never has a player been suspended 1 game for that, just a 25k fine. Your right Dirt Goodell and Kraft were best friends and all the Pats fans are brainwashed
This I will agree with the tampering did not warrant 4 games, much less the draft pick, and 1M fine. Not that I agree with Goodell but when Brady and the team chose not to cooperate Goodell took it personally. I tease but I wouldn't expect Brady or any other player to just come out and admit wrong doing, it's human nature to deny if it's for self protection.
Do I think Brady at least knew yes, do I think the punishment is over board yes. The NFL shouldn't up the anti just because a player tries to protect himself. The punishment should have been 25Thousand, and a case or face suspension agreement.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I will agree with the tampering did not warrant 4 games, much less the draft pick, and 1M fine. Not that I agree with Goodell but when Brady and the team chose not to cooperate Goodell took it personally. I tease but I wouldn't expect Brady or any other player to just come out and admit wrong doing, it's human nature to deny if it's for self protection.
Do I think Brady at least knew yes, do I think the punishment is over board yes. The NFL shouldn't up the anti just because a player tries to protect himself. The punishment should have been 25Thousand, and a case or face suspension agreement.

I'm would guess he knew, but Goodell has a hardon for the Pats and especially after Belichick blatantly disregarded the memo about where you could film the very first game after the memo was sent out. He would have better off pissed , spit on or told Goodell to fuck himself. His " I misinterpreted the memo" was a real arrogant and showed Goodell no respect. A cop let's you off for speeding with a warning and he catches you 5 minutes later speeding , he won;t be so kind. Disregard for the powers to be or authority. I think if Goodell gave him 1 -2 games when it was always 0, I don;t think Tom would have fought it

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm would guess he knew, but Goodell has a hardon for the Pats and especially after Belichick blatantly disregarded the memo about where you could film the very first game after the memo was sent out. He would have better off pissed , spit on or told Goodell to fuck himself. His " I misinterpreted the memo" was a real arrogant and showed Goodell no respect. A cop let's you off for speeding with a warning and he catches you 5 minutes later speeding , he won;t be so kind. Disregard for the powers to be or authority. I think if Goodell gave him 1 -2 games when it was always 0, I don;t think Tom would have fought it

Very well could have played into the whole situation. I do know Kraft and Goodell were close at one time, it's possible that relationship was strained.

I think Brady would have fought any suspension, a fine even much greater than 25T he would have excepted.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta agree with this. We've seen that more than once. Break a rule, ok... NFL reminds you behind the scenes not to do that. But break it after the warning, the hammer comes down. I think if NE had said "whoops we messed up" and admitted to it, there's a chance they would have just gotten some fines (maybe suspension with the spygate history...).

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell started his career with the Jets. Biggest rivals, no love lost, Belichick doesn't take the HC there and returns to NE.

Actually he started his career as a league intern, not with the Jets.

When that ended he tried interning for the Jets/Giants to stay around his home (from suburbs of NYC) and the league offices where he wanted to work and got a 7 month internship with the Jets (training camp to seasons end) coordinating interviews during the season. Then immediately when a spot opened up for a job for the league, he jumped over there as an assistant in the PR dept. He was a Colts/Skins fan growing up, so not like the Jets were his team and that's why he picked the opening there if that's what you are insinuating.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was plenty of buzz out there before this incident that Goodell and Kraft were "Too close" and it was rubbing other owners the wrong way.......The attending Kraft parties, etc......

People have to stop equating Ray Rice and wife beaters to Tom Brady.......As horrendous as those actions are, it does mess with the integrity of the league, like Bradys' actions did

Pete Rose is suspended for life from baseball?

How many infractions in baseball have taken place that are far worse "real life" crimes than what Pete Rose did? How many of those players were suspended for life?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was plenty of buzz out there before this incident that Goodell and Kraft were "Too close" and it was rubbing other owners the wrong way.......The attending Kraft parties, etc......

People have to stop equating Ray Rice and wife beaters to Tom Brady.......As horrendous as those actions are, it does mess with the integrity of the league, like Bradys' actions did

Pete Rose is suspended for life from baseball?

How many infractions in baseball have taken place that are far worse "real life" crimes than what Pete Rose did? How many of those players were suspended for life?

Integrity of game, equipment violation? Let's just say he wanted his balls at the lowest psi, and they have happened to go down because of temperature, should he have just admitted to something he didn't do. Again I am not here saying he did or did, cause I could give a rat's ass, and honestly first time I ever heard about psi requirements for football. You would think that the ref's who handle the ball every snap, would have noticed a dip in ball pressure. I know when I grab a ball out of my trunk or garage, I can tell when its a little light. This is old news, punishment handed down. End of story. And again you never see me piling on another player or team for hgh, steroids etc because I live in the real world, am not some naive kid and know shit is gonna keep happening. In prison where guys are locked up for drugs and other crimes, drugs are most rampant there, no matter how hard they try to keep them out

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Integrity of game, equipment violation? Let's just say he wanted his balls at the lowest psi, and they have happened to go down because of temperature, should he have just admitted to something he didn't do. Again I am not here saying he did or did, cause I could give a rat's ass, and honestly first time I ever heard about psi requirements for football. You would think that the ref's who handle the ball every snap, would have noticed a dip in ball pressure. I know when I grab a ball out of my trunk or garage, I can tell when its a little light. This is old news, punishment handed down. End of story. And again you never see me piling on another player or team for hgh, steroids etc because I live in the real world, am not some naive kid and know shit is gonna keep happening. In prison where guys are locked up for drugs and other crimes, drugs are most rampant there, no matter how hard they try to keep them out

We're even than, cause no one ever heard of the "Tuck Rule" before it handed the pats a Super Bowl

Youre still handsome

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're even than, cause no one ever heard of the "Tuck Rule" before it handed the pats a Super Bowl

Youre still handsome

Awww sexy xoxo Even Brady said he never heard of the 'tuck" rule so yes gifted that one

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's usually what happens to the accused when you weeks ago determined that the source providing the allegations was bogus to begin with.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's usually what happens to the accused when you weeks ago determined that the source providing the allegations was bogus to begin with.

I'm certainly glad they did their due diligence with it though. Much better than what happened when MLB ignored everything.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Patriots fans start the "Goodell only let them off because they don't play for the Patriots" mantra. Of course, if any of them had been suspended, it would have been "Goodell let Peyton Manning off scot-free and railroaded these players!"

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goodell also had the Spygate tapes destroyed although he probably did that to save the league more embarrassment than the Pats.

But to say Goodell has something against the Pats is silly. At the end of the day Goodell reports to the other owners, many of who were sick and tired of the Pats cheating (And winning, no one cares if you cheat and lose) who in all likelihood ordered Goodell to punish the Pats. And the 4 games was not for the deflated balls, it was for thwarting the investigation by destroying the cell phone.

Should have been no more than 2 games though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly glad they did their due diligence with it though. Much better than what happened when MLB ignored everything.

I think this was a scare tactic more than anything...not so much to scare these players, but players who might be considering it.

MLB did not have a testing policy...that's truly what you call ignoring it.

I hate how MLB basically created a haven for PEDs (by not testing), and then threw them under the bus afterwards to save their antitrust status.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell also had the Spygate tapes destroyed although he probably did that to save the league more embarrassment than the Pats.

But to say Goodell has something against the Pats is silly. At the end of the day Goodell reports to the other owners, many of who were sick and tired of the Pats cheating (And winning, no one cares if you cheat and lose) who in all likelihood ordered Goodell to punish the Pats. And the 4 games was not for the deflated balls, it was for thwarting the investigation by destroying the cell phone.

Should have been no more than 2 games though.

Belichick would have been better to say Fuck you to Goodell than disregard the memo that was sent out before the 2007 season and say he misinterpreted it. Blatant disregard and arrogant on BB's part

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was a scare tactic more than anything...not so much to scare these players, but players who might be considering it.

MLB did not have a testing policy...that's truly what you call ignoring it.

I hate how MLB basically created a haven for PEDs (by not testing), and then threw them under the bus afterwards to save their antitrust status.

Let's not forget that MLB had just gotten it's head handed to them by the union in the strike. They had no chance of getting the testing through until public opinion turned. The union basically told MLB choosing to do steroids was no different than a players decision to drink or smoke. After cancelling the W.S. by locking out the players they were the villians and had they tried they would gave gotten hammered.

Once the HR's started flying out of the park and people responded positively I can see why the owners didn't want to get into a fight they had no chance of winning. Why hurt their game and profits further if the players insisted on damaging their health?

To me the real villains were the steroid users and the union for creating an atmosphere where players had to choose between steroids or possibly losing their job. They were the ones who should have protected their members.

Not that I have any love for the owners.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick would have been better to say Fuck you to Goodell than disregard the memo that was sent out before the 2007 season and say he misinterpreted it. Blatant disregard and arrogant on BB's part

I wonder if the memo before 2007 said "This time we really, really, REALLY mean it".