• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are valid arguments to be had on both sides.

If the police/FBI asks for you to come in and you are innocent you probably have little to lose if you have reasonable legal representation. We have seen that the NFL doesn't work like that. You can be punished just because they have a gut feeling that you have done something. There is a LOT more to fear about saying the wrong thing or just coming off the wrong way even if you have done absolutely nothing wrong.

There is also the ever present NFLPA battle of precedent and their constant struggle to try and fight the level of power from the league. We don't know if they have been advised to not come in by the union.

We also don't know if the league has any info not made public in that documentary that they have questions about. If not then this is an odd event, but they have done odd things before that defy simple logic.
Roger has over punished a few, but I'm fairly certain everyone punished did do what they were punished for.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at defensive Packers fans. Maybe they should join the oh poor me our team got caught cheating club with the Pats fans. They actually might be able to help each other.
Do you have any tips on how to avoid getting caught when manipulating the cap or adjusting the pressure of footballs during games? Enquiring minds want to know.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I agree that if they're innocent, just cooperate and get it over with. BUT...these allegations came out last year. Peyton Manning has been cleared of any repercussions, and no credible evidence has come out indicating there is any legitimacy to this story.

Why did the NFL wait until the middle of preseason to all of a sudden threaten serious repercussions if they don't cooperate. A couple months ago? Why not. But now the players are focusing on the season ahead. Training, working out, and trying to maintain a consistent schedule as they try to maximize their preparations. This is nothing but a major distraction at this point for these players.

I guess if anything though, if anybody says the NFL favors the Packers and will do anything to let them win (I'm looking at you, Bears and Vikings fans), we can all tell them to eat a bag of dicks. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.
#FreeThePack

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do agree this whole thing is just kind of crazy the NFL did try a couple of months ago to get these players to cooperate. They started by asking nicely to meet with them and only Manning decided to cooperate. So then they asked a bit more forcefully saying this wasn't optional to which again the players ignored the league. So it has now reached this point where they are having to threaten to suspend them.
The NFL was busy planning the Manning retirement.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL trying to chase down allegations bases on heresay is dumb, when they could simply call the player in and ask for a random sample.

At the same time enough cash can make most people recant their story. So if they were going to go down that road all atll...that part of it I understand why they wouldn't just say okay, it was a bogus story, let's drop it.
:eek:PM fans assembling a mob right now to come find you:lm:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get to the bottom of this NOW! Where the hell is Wells:scratch:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they can. NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

I meant in the sense of how easy someone who doesn't have a contract can be fired. Myself, not part of a union, can be fired much easier than someone in a union with a contract.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players need to stop acting like petulant children. If they take this to court, they are going to get slapped down again while affirming the NFL's power. Just show up, answer the questions & turnover any requested documents.

Unless of course you are guilty & have something to hide...
Harrison, at least, is ok with the interview. He just has been demanding that he videotape it. The NFL refused him.

If his name is gonna get drug through the mud on this, he wants to be able to make public whatever bullshit hearsay accusations they have against him. And have video proof if they try to talk to the public after the fact and lie about what he said there, like they have done before.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is this.........

When the NFL or Goodell are putting the wood to the Patriots, everyone fully understands what happened, who was wrong and exactly what was done.

When it's any other team, the NFL is bogus, the charges are false, Goodell is a fucking liar, Goodell is way overstepping his authority, the whole story smells like a chithouse on shrimp boat.

You're all enjoying Goodell's suspension of Brady for four games. BUT.......you don't like his authority when it comes to disciplining your team or your team's players.

Can't have it both ways girls.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the NFL or Goodell are putting the wood to the Patriots, everyone fully understands what happened, who was wrong and exactly what was done.

When it's any other team, the NFL is bogus, the charges are false, Goodell is a fucking liar, Goodell is way overstepping his authority, the whole story smells like a chithouse on shrimp boat.

You're all enjoying Goodell's suspension of Brady for four games. BUT.......you don't like his authority when it comes to disciplining your team or your team's players.

I have no problem with Goodell at all. He can suspend as many Broncos as he wants and I won't or ever say a damn thing against it. Patriot fans like yourself should just stick to the Patriot way. Like I said numerous time. If any of you Patriots fans teach your kids the same values that your great Patriots use then I feel sorry for your kids. It's actually pathetic. "Everyone is doing it" "free Hernandez" Right Pats fans? The Denver Broncos the defending Super Bowl Champions. Have a great day. Peace.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Brady cheated and got caught, now four other NFL players might have cheated, and Goodell want to find out. It's not the conspiracy you'retrying to make it sound like.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty simple to me.......Roger has boxed himself into a corner now......After showing so much aggression towards the Brady matter, he now has to react, or better yet, OVER react to every single issue, like this one, that possibly compromises the integrity of the league......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Brady cheated and got caught, now four other NFL players might have cheated, and Goodell want to find out. It's not the conspiracy you'retrying to make it sound like.

The "Out to get Brady and the Pats" thing never made a lick of sense........Its never good for any league to go after or take down the golden boy, or "The Face" of their sport.......Nothing about that is good for business

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the fuck said anything about a conspiracy? What planet did you just fly in from?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison, at least, is ok with the interview. He just has been demanding that he videotape it. The NFL refused him.

If his name is gonna get drug through the mud on this, he wants to be able to make public whatever bullshit hearsay accusations they have against him. And have video proof if they try to talk to the public after the fact and lie about what he said there, like they have done before.

His name has already been dragged through the mud. A quick interview done many months ago would have put this story to bed. You answer some questions with your agent & a NFLPA rep present, then move on. Totally unnecessary grandstanding by a player with diarrhea of the mouth.

Poor advice from from the NFLPA on this issue.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Goodell at all. He can suspend as many Broncos as he wants and I won't or ever say a damn thing against it. Patriot fans like yourself should just stick to the Patriot way. Like I said numerous time. If any of you Patriots fans teach your kids the same values that your great Patriots use then I feel sorry for your kids. It's actually pathetic. "Everyone is doing it" "free Hernandez" Right Pats fans? The Denver Broncos the defending Super Bowl Champions. Have a great day. Peace.

Most NFL fans have no issues with Goodell.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How exactly would you drag a piece of shit like Harrison through the mud and have anyone notice a difference?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NFL fans have no issues with Goodell.
No problem might be a little wrong, but he's not as bad as some continually cry about.
To me it's simple, don't smoke pot, take illegal drugs/PEDs, r*pe/assult someone or cheat and you won't have an issue with Goodell.