• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players I didn't like

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I dont think Stafford played the best game but I do think he put the game on his shoulders. Bush and Bell surely didnt do much. The defense made some plays and it was the Stafford and Tate show.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a cycle. He'll play well 1 game out of 3 or 4, that's not good enough for $18 million. And defenders will say "well that's what you pay QB's", but if he's making that much, and were paying his WRs like $25, and his RBs $7, how do we ever justify paying for good OLine play? Or keeping good defensive players? Were going to have to let good players go because were tied up with franchise QB money in Stafford, so no, we shouldn't be happy if he doesn't play well.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: Who are you and what have you done with Kreton damnit??

Your last few sentences are the same thing those of us accused of apparently having our eyes half closed when we watch the Lions are saying. Stafford is not playing good football.

Popular theory is my wife is posting for me lately.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are unreal and acting dumb over Stafford to be honest. To discredit him just becaue you dont like him is dumb. Just becaue Tate made a play and scored doesnt mean Stafford doesn't deserve credit. If that is Rodgers or Luck on that play everyone would bow down and send all types of praise their way for making the play. Its not the Qbs job to run after the catch. Thats rediculous to think otherwise.

TP is right on this one. How could a Qb win this game and still he hammered?

Idk man, Stafford wasn't perfect today, so therefore he blows. He only completed 68% of his passes for 300 yards, and he only won the game with a TD pass. Clearly not good enough. I mean, he put that one pass right on the rookie TE's hands- obviously that was going to be picked and was all on Stafford.

Remember- we lost the game today, so everyone has to vent their frustrations....

In all seriousness, though, I think a handful of these guys are more pissed over a win than they are over a loss, because there's less people joining in their complaining when we win.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I haven't seen anyone touch my statement that Stafford was clearly the better QB than Brees out there today when all was said and done.

Surely someone must disagree with me given how many of you don't like Stafford.

Brees was the better QB through 3.5 quarters, but luckily for us they play all 4 quarters in the NFL. By the time the dust had settled Stafford had better numbers and his team had more points than Brees's did.

On this particular Sunday Matt Stafford > Drew Brees.

Please tell me you think the Saints defense on the road is comparable to our defense at home? Or that Brees had his TDs given to him by spectacular plays by the WR, or did he drop it in perfect to Stills?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the top QB performances for Qbs this week and Staff came in at 5. We got the win too, so Im satisfied.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a cycle. He'll play well 1 game out of 3 or 4, that's not good enough for $18 million. And defenders will say "well that's what you pay QB's", but if he's making that much, and were paying his WRs like $25, and his RBs $7, how do we ever justify paying for good OLine play? Or keeping good defensive players? Were going to have to let good players go because were tied up with franchise QB money in Stafford, so no, we shouldn't be happy if he doesn't play well.

I don't think you're accounting for how fast the salary cap is rising. Stafford's annual salary puts him right around the 10th highest paid QB, according to an article at the begging of the season. That seems to be just about right based on his play so far, imo.

You can say that we'll counter with "that's just what you pay QBs" but by the numbers that's pretty much a true statement. That's what starting NFL QBs get paid- it's not like Stafford's contract is out of line with other QBs in the league...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what type of stat line would you have preferred today? Are we looking at stats or wins now?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you think the Saints defense on the road is comparable to our defense at home? Or that Brees had his TDs given to him by spectacular plays by the WR, or did he drop it in perfect to Stills?
Sounds like excuses for Brees and excuses against Stafford to me. Our WRs didn't throw the ball to themselves.

It's kind of crazy that the rest of the league thinks so much more highly of Stafford and are willing to give him props after the Lions gutted out a win today, yet you guys are dogging the shot out of him right now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the top QB performances for Qbs this week and Staff came in at 5. We got the win too, so Im satisfied.

Me too. I'm glad I have the ability to be satisfied with a win and not feel the need to piss and moan about everything that wasn't perfect about said win.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've set new standards for Stafford, TP. He's not allowed to do anything outside of perfection. If his WR has to jump at all, he sucks. If one of his players drop the ball, its his fault. If he gets sacked, he held on too long. If he throws a nice pass, it was lucky. Etc, etc

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, before I scoot off to bed, you guys know we won today, right?

I feel like some of you have such an agenda to serve that I think you lose track of the actual wins and losses.

It's like you want us to win, but only if we win exactly your way with the players you want making the plays you want and the players you don't like not making any plays. Seems like we not only are expected to win, but win perfect...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of crazy that the rest of the league thinks so much more highly of Stafford and are willing to give him props after the Lions gutted out a win today, yet you guys are dogging the shot out of him right now

You mean just like everyone was fine and dandy with Mark Sanchize being average when the Jets were winning? Or Matt Scaub and the Texans? Why did they not get 2&1/2 years of below avg play before getting axed?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, before I scoot off to bed, you guys know we won today, right?

I feel like some of you have such an agenda to serve that I think you lose track of the actual wins and losses.

It's like you want us to win, but only if we win exactly your way with the players you want making the plays you want and the players you don't like not making any plays. Seems like we not only are expected to win, but win perfect...

Good night, bro. Imma sleep just fine after today's big W

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've set new standards for Stafford, TP. He's not allowed to do anything outside of perfection. If his WR has to jump at all, he sucks. If one of his players drop the ball, its his fault. If he gets sacked, he held on too long. If he throws a nice pass, it was lucky. Etc, etc

Damn. Does saying Stafford should/could be playing better mean all that?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Does saying Stafford should/could be playing better mean all that?

No, and if those were the thoughts being expressed then I don't think we're having this conversation...