• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players I didn't like

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it BPA from here on out, like you led with? Or is it draft to fill holes, like you closed with?

It is still BPA. At least the first 2 rounds anyway. It varies from year to year after that as mid and later round talent is not always there. Or at least it is not usually discernable. There will always be late round picks that develop into stars. Identifying those players as early as the draft a lot of times is not possible so it becomes a crap shoot.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Mayhew deserves credit for is his commitment to building in the trenches. Over the last three drafts he's taken an o-lineman in the top three rounds each time.

And we all know about the d-line with 3 first round picks starting for us. He also spent a high pick on Van Noy this year- not necessarily a true lineman, but a tweener, at least who can put his hand in the dirt.

For all the stuff he gets wrong, he at least seems to know it all starts up front. He's spent more of his top draft capital on linemen than any other positions, and by a pretty wide margin...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched cooks play? Holey shit he's explosive! Same case with Tate, who cares how tall he isn't? The dude tearing it up for us.

As for Beckham, he's 6'0" tall, so he's not exactly a small WR.

I'm just saying that if we wanted to add another offensive weapon, those two are both out-pacing Ebron by a pretty wide margin.

Kelvin Benjamin would have been a viable option if you wanted another big WR. He's also doing way better than Ebron from a production standpoint so far...

Watch out for Davante Adams too. He is coming along well and starting to figure out the game. Physically he could be a Boldin or even an AJ.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched cooks play? Holey shit he's explosive! Same case with Tate, who cares how tall he isn't? The dude tearing it up for us.

As for Beckham, he's 6'0" tall, so he's not exactly a small WR.

I'm just saying that if we wanted to add another offensive weapon, those two are both out-pacing Ebron by a pretty wide margin.

Kelvin Benjamin would have been a viable option if you wanted another big WR. He's also doing way better than Ebron from a production standpoint so far...

Stafford works better with the big type receivers. Didnt need to pile the small guys on, especially when we have a returner and prototypical slot guys. We will see Ebron being "explosive", as well , don't worry, its coming!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it BPA from here on out, like you led with? Or is it draft to fill holes, like you closed with?

I know this to OL, however my idea was with Mathis getting old. With hindsight advantage of what Slay is doing in Austin's system. A young CB may have been sweet. Nevin may be that kid, a more polished CB is my thoughts.

I do not feel they have ignored either side of the ball as to date like some. Van Noy will be a huge asset shortly. Now is not the time to start either. My negative ass sees many future pieces in place. Future holes are still DB and DT and OL

Meow's pick of Donald looks awfully good at the current DT situation.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still take Watkins over Benjamin. Benjamin is about the only weapon worth anything for Carolina. Cooks would've been a good fit for the Lions if they wouldn't have got Tate. Those two are very similar. I also bet Ebron would've been off the even before Beckham and Cooks if he would've made it past Detroit.

I also bet the Lions wouldn't trade Ebron for Fuller at this point if they had the chance.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like every Lion.

Liar.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're Lions fans, I don't see why anyone whos a fan of the team could possibly not like every player on our roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I was unhappy with Levy when he was drafted. I watched a decent amount of Wisco that year and never noticed him. Was underwhelmed with Pettigrew; I wanted Laurenitis bad.. Hated the Mike Williams pick. I like Ernie, wasn't a bad pick in the long run, but he was overdrafted. I didn't like Cherilous much. I wasn't a huge fan of the Fairley pick. My second least favorite pick was Stanton because I wanted Posluzny and they got him in the spot we traded down from. Hated the Dizon pick too. Not a fan of the Travis Lewis pick either. They are undersized and tackled like pussies in college.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated trading up to draft Best. Dude got a concussion just finding out he got drafted.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of the Ebron pick...I still am not a fan. When i see Jace Amaro having 10 catches....Branden Oliver having big games etc its a little disheartening considering he has had some chances...and we are down some weapons. He hasnt looked great even for a rookie. We need an offensive boost and if he was worth his high pick....he should be able to do something. He doesnt look like an elite player to me but I hope Im wrong.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford.

I am completely on that bandwagon now. His o-line isn't very good but it doesn't matter. He fires rockets at guys 5 yards away, I don't think he makes good reads at all, and he is horribly inaccurate.

I tried to really watch today and I hope someone posts the dropped passes assigned to each player once those stats are out. I have this game on DVR and will review them all. There were several passes that hit the intended receivers in the hands today. Those will count as drops and were horrible passes thrown way too hard and behind the receiver. Fuller bailed him out with an incredible catch that was otherwise a piss poor thrown.

I see no improvement in his growth and development towards being a top quartile QB. As a #1 overall pick he is a huge disappointment. Look at Andrew Luck if you want an example of what a real QB looks like.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettigrew-Was an overrated pick imo

Alama Francis-Garbage

Gerald Alexander- Same draft in the second round.. They effectively got nothing in the 2nd trade down with Stanton as well

Godser Cherilus- Another bad pick in a deep draft.. Could have gotten a great CB that year

Titus Young- What a cancer he was.. I hated the pick from day 1, but for awhile he looked like a good addition

Ryan Broyles-Let's hope he gets on the field more but I was disappointed with this pick as well.

I thought their biggest misses were in the 2008 and 2007 drafts which were surprisingly deep in RB and DBs when you look back.. They also missed out on a few edge rushes through the years like James Hardy and Michael Johnson.. Both were late round picks IIRC..

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford.

I am completely on that bandwagon now. His o-line isn't very good but it doesn't matter. He fires rockets at guys 5 yards away, I don't think he makes good reads at all, and he is horribly inaccurate.

I tried to really watch today and I hope someone posts the dropped passes assigned to each player once those stats are out. I have this game on DVR and will review them all. There were several passes that hit the intended receivers in the hands today. Those will count as drops and were horrible passes thrown way too hard and behind the receiver. Fuller bailed him out with an incredible catch that was otherwise a piss poor thrown.

I see no improvement in his growth and development towards being a top quartile QB. As a #1 overall pick he is a huge disappointment. Look at Andrew Luck if you want an example of what a real QB looks like.

Interesting... how would you say that Stafford stacked up, accuracy-wise, compared to Brees today?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford.

For as frustrating as Stafford can be, if you look at that draft class, Stafford was still the right pick.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TD to Fuller was thrown high on purpose. Its thrown at the back of the endzone, over defenders. The thing is, if you only watch for things you dont like, its easy to find. With incompletions, the funny thing is that, most of them are bad throws. Thats part of the game. Theres no denying that Staff has some accuracy issues at times but I'm not seeing where he's so much worse than other QBs.

Are we saying that all WRs in the NFL should not have to adjust to passes that may be thrown somewhat off target or is this a rule made up only for the Lions? I dont get it. Most of the highlight reels come from high passes, low ones and even ones that dont look catchable.

Brett Favre had the same things going on: he fired rockets all the time, yet passes were caught most times. Theres no excuse to not catch passes.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TD to Fuller was thrown high on purpose. Its thrown at the back of the endzone, over defenders.
Yep. He had to throw it over two defenders that were covering the receiver that ran the underneath route. Can't put it too low or it would've gotten tipped or picked.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff played bad today. He got it to Fuller, that's all the counts. But he had numerous chances. He put the defense in horrible position with a bad interception that led to Saints first TD.

Then at the end of the game, the defense gave him the ball back in scoring position with a chance to win the game from the 15 yard line. Then he has Fuller wide open for which would've been a TD and missed him on an easy throw. Then on 4th down, he misses a wide open Pettigrew in the end zone locks onto Bush in double coverage and gets bailed out by PI on a throw that wouldn't have been a first anyway.

But yea, he finally came through after all those chances.