• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players I didn't like

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford did not have 300 yards passing. He did have an awful first half, no denying that.

It's my opinion he did not play all that well. Not as well as last week when he didn't throw any picks.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB rallies us to the win with back-to-back TD drives with less than 5 minutes to go in the game and he's getting shit on.

For the record I don't hate Stafford. I am frustrated by him alot so far this year. Big part of that could be Lombardi, and another big part the O line. But no matter how you cut it, Stafford is not the same guy with CJ missing. His throws even seem off to other players. Maybe its because other receivers have been so bad throughout his career that when CJ is out his confidence is much lower. Maybe its all the sacks and hurries and hits this year. I dont know. But he isnt the same guy at this point in the season as he has been.

Anyhow the reason I quoted you here was your use of the words "back-to-back TD DRIVES"

I don't call those drives. Tate took off on the first TD, and the D did most of the work on the 2nd one. They didn't exactly drive down the field. Stafford made 2 clutch throws and it was enough to win the game. But just because we won is no reason to assume Stafford, or the receiving game is fine or looking at stats to make it seem like they played better than they did. And I would be saying the same thing to someone trying to use game stats to show our defense played shitty football today. Stats are fun, they are. But they dont tell the whole story. Stafford since the Carolina game has played poorly. Like I said at the beginning of this post, it may be because of a variety of reasons, but whatever the reason the end result is his play is not great this year, and is rarely good. We need more consistency from Stafford to make a serious run this year. He is possibly playing well enough for the defense to get us to the playoffs or 9-10 wins, but he has the talent to be doing more.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad we have a QB who can score when throwing a 3rd down pass 5 yards short of the first and have the WR run 80 yards, and follow that up by getting the ball gift wrapped at the 15 yard line, miss 2 WRs on consecutive plays, 1 being into double coverage 3 yards shy of a first(on 4th down), get a PI and then finally make the TD throw.

:pound:

Priceless. And a spot on accurate description of how our game winning QB rallied us from behind to win this game.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I don't hate Stafford. I am frustrated by him alot so far this year. Big part of that could be Lombardi, and another big part the O line. But no matter how you cut it, Stafford is not the same guy with CJ missing. His throws even seem off to other players. Maybe its because other receivers have been so bad throughout his career that when CJ is out his confidence is much lower. Maybe its all the sacks and hurries and hits this year. I dont know. But he isnt the same guy at this point in the season as he has been.

Anyhow the reason I quoted you here was your use of the words "back-to-back TD DRIVES"

I don't call those drives. Tate took off on the first TD, and the D did most of the work on the 2nd one. They didn't exactly drive down the field. Stafford made 2 clutch throws and it was enough to win the game. But just because we won is no reason to assume Stafford, or the receiving game is fine or looking at stats to make it seem like they played better than they did. And I would be saying the same thing to someone trying to use game stats to show our defense played shitty football today. Stats are fun, they are. But they dont tell the whole story. Stafford since the Carolina game has played poorly. Like I said at the beginning of this post, it may be because of a variety of reasons, but whatever the reason the end result is his play is not great this year, and is rarely good. We need more consistency from Stafford to make a serious run this year. He is possibly playing well enough for the defense to get us to the playoffs or 9-10 wins, but he has the talent to be doing more.

:10: Who are you and what have you done with Kreton damnit??

Your last few sentences are the same thing those of us accused of apparently having our eyes half closed when we watch the Lions are saying. Stafford is not playing good football.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kreton the next time I call you a homer, please call me out. Very honest opinion post here.

Hey, does your homer ass still have them going 15-2?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't everyone clamoring for the Lions to finally get a competent defense for YEARS?? Well now we have one, or atleast so far this season and the results STILL aren't good enough. :L

I'm well aware that Stafford still has things he needs to get corrected or work on. But he made plays when he needed to today. Plain and simple.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad we have a QB who can score when throwing a 3rd down pass 5 yards short of the first and have the WR run 80 yards, and follow that up by getting the ball gift wrapped at the 15 yard line, miss 2 WRs on consecutive plays, 1 being into double coverage 3 yards shy of a first(on 4th down), get a PI and then finally make the TD throw.

So he didn't get the job done then?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he didn't get the job done then?

No. If you consider stats the tell all, then he's been failing for the past 2&1/2 years. If you consider wins the tell all, then he's been failing the last 2&1/2 years.If you consider actual play the tell all, then he's been failing the past 2&1/2 years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies. I thought u were being a smartass.

No need to apologize. (But thank you all the same.) He was the best player on the offensive side of the ball. Fuller being equally as important due to timing. Both touchdowns were impressive and unexpected efforts from them. Above and beyond good plays. They were great plays.(I don't expect great plays save from the guy wearing a grey TShirt.) I give the two of them and the defense as a whole, all of the credit for the W.

The Saints also deserve credit. They lost this game with turnovers and penalties as much as Detroit won with great defense, a huge catch and run and one of the greatest and most timely touchdown receptions in recent Lions history.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't everyone clamoring for the Lions to finally get a competent defense for YEARS?? Well now we have one, or atleast so far this season and the results STILL aren't good enough. :L

I'm well aware that Stafford still has things he needs to get corrected or work on. But he made plays when he needed to today. Plain and simple.

Good god, thank you for another voice of reason. It seems like whatever this team does, it's not nearly good enough. This board demands perfection in all phases, damnit, especially from the QB!

Stafford can put up yards in bunches, but that's no good because he's throwing too many INTs. Now he cuts the INTs down (and I'm sure some have already forgotten that only one of the INTs today was his fault in the least), but that's no good because we're not moving the ball as well.

I'm sure I'll get trashed by plenty now for being a "Stafford Lover" and all that crap that goes on here, but I also pointed out that I don't think he had a good game. I just don't think he had a bad game. Guys want to focus on only the missed throws and ignore the overall numbers, which is their prerogative, but they also can't pretend to give a subjective analysis, either.

It's crazy that after every win now, the first one's to the board are the ones who want to bitch about everything we did wrong, seemingly ignoring the fact that we just won the game...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are unreal and acting dumb over Stafford to be honest. To discredit him just becaue you dont like him is dumb. Just becaue Tate made a play and scored doesnt mean Stafford doesn't deserve credit. If that is Rodgers or Luck on that play everyone would bow down and send all types of praise their way for making the play. Its not the Qbs job to run after the catch. Thats rediculous to think otherwise.

TP is right on this one. How could a Qb win this game and still he hammered?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If you consider stats the tell all, then he's been failing for the past 2&1/2 years. If you consider wins the tell all, then he's been failing the last 2&1/2 years.If you consider actual play the tell all, then he's been failing the past 2&1/2 years.

It can't be all of those things. We're 5-2 right now, does that mean he's not getting it done?

Imo, wins tell all, and right now we're winning. I'm not saying he's perfect, or even that he's been playing well lately. But we're winning ballgames and he's cut down on the turnovers pretty well this year. Clearly he's not playing his best, but he's also playing a lot better then several posters on here give him credit for every chance they get.

I think there are some unrealistic expectations on here for Stafford.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I haven't seen anyone touch my statement that Stafford was clearly the better QB than Brees out there today when all was said and done.

Surely someone must disagree with me given how many of you don't like Stafford.

Brees was the better QB through 3.5 quarters, but luckily for us they play all 4 quarters in the NFL. By the time the dust had settled Stafford had better numbers and his team had more points than Brees's did.

On this particular Sunday Matt Stafford > Drew Brees.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreton the next time I call you a homer, please call me out. Very honest opinion post here.

Hey, does your homer ass still have them going 15-2?

15-2? Fuck no. That's crazy talk. That means we lose in the NFC championship. Well the 15 wins puts us there. 17-2. Can't wait for that Arizona game. And I don't mean the game we are playing the cardinals in.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am lovin The D. And I think with CJ our offense looks different. But o line and Stafford can cost us games the same way our d did last year. I like where we are at, but I still want to see better.